HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: Leafs - Penguins (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1343395)

Hero 02-06-2013 05:03 PM

Leafs - Penguins
 
To Toronto:
Joe Morrow

To Pittsburgh:
Nikolai Kulemin
Conditional Pick (2nd if leafs make playoffs, 3rd if they don't)

Leafs have D-Prospect's but Morrow would be our best prospect after Rielly.
It's a deep draft so instead of offering a 2nd, did a 3rd, in case the pick is a 30-40 pick.

Morlu 02-06-2013 05:15 PM

There's no way toronto adds to this in any way. Joe Morrow is a great prospect but Kulemin is proven. Pitts would add another C-D prospect or the trade would be player for player.

BigBenSF* 02-06-2013 05:21 PM

Not willing to give up Morrow unless it's in a package to acquire an elite winger.

Amadeus 02-06-2013 05:22 PM

Kulemin plays the PK, and is our best forechecker. I don't want him dealt at all as I'd much rather deal MacArthur, Bozak etc., but Kulemin is a good fit with Pittsburgh alongside Malkin and if they aren't willing to give up Morrow then Toronto is much better off keeping Kulemin going forward. There is no other fit.

domaug* 02-06-2013 05:22 PM

like BigBenSF said, the Pens shouldn't trade their best prospect unless it's in a package for someone better.

Zero Pucks 02-06-2013 05:24 PM

I hate Leaf/Penguins proposals and rumors!

MovesLikeJagr68 02-06-2013 05:27 PM

I'd like to see Kuli play beside Malkin, but giving up Morrow for him would be awful.

uncleben85 02-06-2013 05:30 PM

Why the hell would Toronto give Pitts a 2nd? or a 3rd even?

If we get Morrow and then happen to make it to the playoffs it won't be because of him...

Riptide 02-06-2013 06:39 PM

I can see the Pens moving a prospect+ for a winger... but I don't think that prospect will be Morrow. I'd think Maatta/Despres would be the first to go. Or Dumoulin.

I'd do something around Maatta + a 3rd.

Or try and find a way to get both Kule and MacA. No clue what that would cost. But would still be very very hesitant to move Morrow. He's potentially the PPQB we don't currently have.

Rare Jewel 02-06-2013 06:46 PM

We have to add?


Lol, No thanks.

KIRK 02-06-2013 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Riptide (Post 59183805)
I can see the Pens moving a prospect+ for a winger... but I don't think that prospect will be Morrow. I'd think Maatta/Despres would be the first to go. Or Dumoulin.

I'd do something around Maatta + a 3rd.

Or try and find a way to get both Kule and MacA. No clue what that would cost. But would still be very very hesitant to move Morrow. He's potentially the PPQB we don't currently have.

Maatta and a 3rd isn't close, but, for Leafs fans, see the bolded section. The Pens have nobody like Morrow in this regard. And, if you've seen Kris Letang QB a PP, you'll know why he's perhaps their only fully untouchable defensive prospect (note, fully untouchable meaning unless it sealed a deal for Bobby Ryan).

TML g u n n e R s* 02-06-2013 06:57 PM

leafs pass..

kulie should not go anywhere

Shrimper 02-06-2013 06:59 PM

Wouldn't want to move Morrow. Kid has unbelievable potential.

Nizdizzle 02-06-2013 07:00 PM

Neither team wants to do this, fine by me.

OCPenguin 02-06-2013 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hero (Post 59178721)
To Toronto:
Joe Morrow

To Pittsburgh:
Nikolai Kulemin
Conditional Pick (2nd if leafs make playoffs, 3rd if they don't)

Leafs have D-Prospect's but Morrow would be our best prospect after Rielly.
It's a deep draft so instead of offering a 2nd, did a 3rd, in case the pick is a 30-40 pick.

We have been told you have too many D prospects ... too many B prospects (meaning late first round picks and later which Morrow fits the bill). That said, if I'm Pittsburgh, I pass on this.

OCPenguin 02-06-2013 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Riptide (Post 59183805)
I can see the Pens moving a prospect+ for a winger... but I don't think that prospect will be Morrow. I'd think Maatta/Despres would be the first to go. Or Dumoulin.

I'd do something around Maatta + a 3rd.

Or try and find a way to get both Kule and MacA. No clue what that would cost. But would still be very very hesitant to move Morrow. He's potentially the PPQB we don't currently have.

Despres isn't going anywhere. Why can't you see that? There would be a HUGE void in the lineup.

Maatta and a third won't get Kulemin. MacArthur? Why? He is a pending free agent; would require adding a second round pick and he isn't a solution at all.

Hero 02-07-2013 10:41 AM

To my fellow Leaf fans who for some reason think Kulemin has more value than Morrow, you're crazy.

Any neutral fan will tell your Morrow has much higher value and a lot of potential.

Is Pouliot an option?

Mr Jiggyfly 02-07-2013 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hero (Post 59220445)
To my fellow Leaf fans who for some reason think Kulemin has more value than Morrow, you're crazy.

Any neutral fan will tell your Morrow has much higher value and a lot of potential.

Is Pouliot an option?

Morrow won't be moved unless it is in a package for an elite winger. I'm a big Kumy fan, but Shero isn't moving him for Kumy.

DP may be available in time if Morrow works out, but I doubt he will be moved right now.

Morrow and DP I am more than certain won't be moved unless they are part of a package for a young, elite winger signed long term. Since those kind of guys are rarely on the block, I'd say these two aren't being moved anytime soon.

Some will argue, but the most likely to be moved if Shero deals for Kumy IMHO are Nisky, Maatta or Harrington.

Le Magnifique 66 02-07-2013 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hero (Post 59220445)
To my fellow Leaf fans who for some reason think Kulemin has more value than Morrow, you're crazy.

Any neutral fan will tell your Morrow has much higher value and a lot of potential.

Is Pouliot an option?

Not this year, it would be really dumb for Shero to move him now unless were talking Kessel not Kuly

OCPenguin 02-07-2013 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Le Magnifique 66 (Post 59221443)
Not this year, it would be really dumb for Shero to move him now unless were talking Kessel not Kuly

I'd rather send Pouliott to Toronto for Kulemin than Kessel and its not close. Kessel is a one dimensional player that doesn't add much when he isn't scoring. Kulemin, even when he isn't scoring, he plays solid defense and uses the body. Pass on Kessel.

Hero 02-07-2013 11:15 AM

The three solid specs on D for Pens besides Pouliot and Morrow is Despres.

Is he an option? If not it's a bit of a drop to Maata.

OCPenguin 02-07-2013 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hero (Post 59222239)
The three solid specs on D for Pens besides Pouliot and Morrow is Despres.

Is he an option? If not it's a bit of a drop to Maata.

No, Despres isn't an option.

Maatta would have been drafted in the top 10 last year if not for an injury. He is highly-regarded

Hero 02-07-2013 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OCPenguin (Post 59222301)
No, Despres isn't an option.

Maatta would have been drafted in the top 10 last year if not for an injury. He is highly-regarded

He's good an all, he's just a clear level below Morrow/Despres/Pouliott

Pick87your71Poison 02-07-2013 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OCPenguin (Post 59222065)
I'd rather send Pouliott to Toronto for Kulemin than Kessel and its not close. Kessel is a one dimensional player that doesn't add much when he isn't scoring. Kulemin, even when he isn't scoring, he plays solid defense and uses the body. Pass on Kessel.

Are you saying for the same price you would take Kulemin before Kessel?

OCPenguin 02-07-2013 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pick87your71Poison (Post 59222555)
Are you saying for the same price you would take Kulemin before Kessel?

I think the price for Kulemin relative to Leaf fans is a bit much. That said, and I wouldn't offer this in a million years, but if Pittsburgh offered a first and say Morrow (example) and chose between Kulemin and Kessel for that package, I'd take Kulemin. I value him much more than the one dimensional Kessel. Kulemin uses the body, can score 20 goals maybe and plays defense. While Kessel's numbers look sexy, if he isn't scoring, he isn't worth anything to Pittsburgh or anyone else.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:54 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.