HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   News Article: Rob Zombie to direct "Broad Street Bullies" (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1343719)

Embiid 02-06-2013 11:46 PM

Rob Zombie to direct "Broad Street Bullies"
 
No wonder "Mr Zombie" was at the Flyers game.....it was great when they announced him and he was on the Fanovision after they blasted his more human than human song...


Quote:

Director/musician Rob Zombie stopped by the Wells Fargo Center on Tuesday night - along with new buddies Bob Kelly, Bernie Parent and Gary Dornhoefer - to talk about his next project, "Broad Street Bullies," based on the legendary Flyers hockey squad that turned the team from an expansion franchise into a major contender. "It's the greatest sports story never told," Zombie said.

Zombie is wrapping up the script now and plans to film in the fall. He's hoping to shoot in Philly, but he's got to find a location that looks like the dear departed Spectrum.

Zombie, whose horror flicks like "House of 1,000 Corpses" and "The Devil's Rejects" have a '70s grindhouse feel to them, said "Bullies" would be his bloodiest film yet. That's hard to believe, considering his fimography, unless Zombie adds a subplot about Bobby Clarke getting gutted by a skate in the middle of a game.

http://www.philly.com/philly/enterta...te_Zombie.html
Quote:

RELATED: Fans will be a part of Rob Zombie Flyers flick

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/e...ers-flick.html

ilovetheflyers8 02-07-2013 12:06 AM

I'm glad that someone wants to make a non-documentary film about them but his claim '"Bullies" would be his bloodiest film yet"', worries me. I don't mind blood and gore but I'd rather it be realistic, I hope it isn't just guys constantly bleeding all over the ice. Also I question how wide a release it would get, I'm guessing it will be more one of those films that is only shown in certain cities. Hopefully I am wrong on both accounts though.

LegionOfDoom91 02-07-2013 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilovetheflyers8 (Post 59208121)
I'm glad that someone wants to make a non-documentary film about them but his claim '"Bullies" would be his bloodiest film yet"', worries me. I don't mind blood and gore but I'd rather it be realistic, I hope it isn't just guys constantly bleeding all over the ice. Also I question how wide a release it would get, I'm guessing it will be more one of those films that is only shown in certain cities. Hopefully I am wrong on both accounts though.

When he said it on daily news live he laughed while saying it. He may have been just joking around since his other movies are pretty gory.

He asked a few current Flyers if they would interested in being in it. He wouldn't say who but one of them replied with "I only do porn flicks".

TheLegendkiller 02-07-2013 01:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 (Post 59209245)
When he said it on daily news live he laughed while saying it. He may have been just joking around since his other movies are pretty gory.

He asked a few current Flyers if they would interested in being in it. He wouldn't say who but one of them replied with "I only do porn flicks".

Talbot or Bryz.

Jtown 02-07-2013 03:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLegendkiller (Post 59210087)
Talbot or Bryz.

Id go with Jim jackson..... just look at that stache

DrinkFightFlyers 02-07-2013 07:14 AM

Bloodiest films yet? This may turn out to be an over the top movie that might wind up being more of a joke than a good movie.

On a similar note, a hockey movie I am interested in seeing, and I don't know the progress of, is the movie Kevin Smith said he was making about Warren Zevon's "The Hockey Song (Hit Somebody!)" a few years back. Great song, and potentially a great movie, if it ever gets made for real.

EDIT: Nevermind, looks like that will be a mini-series because no studio would give him funding for a hockey movie. Bummer.

RevUpThoseGolfCarts 02-07-2013 07:58 AM

I actually liked his Halloween remake and a friend of mine talks highly of Devil's Rejects.

Wonder who will play Schultz (who probably has a huge part).

Protest 02-07-2013 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers (Post 59213505)
On a similar note, a hockey movie I am interested in seeing, and I don't know the progress of, is the movie Kevin Smith said he was making about Warren Zevon's "The Hockey Song (Hit Somebody!)" a few years back. Great song, and potentially a great movie, if it ever gets made for real.

EDIT: Nevermind, looks like that will be a mini-series because no studio would give him funding for a hockey movie. Bummer.

That blows I was looking forward to it. It was going to be a 2 part movie. Part 1 minors, Part 2 NHL.

JDinkalage Morgoone 02-07-2013 08:19 AM

Are you guys reading that as a serious statement? Have you SEEN the other movies he has made? It will be damn impossible to make this bloodier. He was obviously joking.

DrinkFightFlyers 02-07-2013 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Protest (Post 59214479)
That blows I was looking forward to it. It was going to be a 2 part movie. Part 1 minors, Part 2 NHL.

Yeah. I hope it gets on a good network so they let him make it they way he wants it (A&E, HBO, FX, etc).

flyguy 02-07-2013 08:50 AM

:laugh: Bernie said Danny DeVito could play Bob Kelly and then Dorny said Moses could play Bernie. Good stuff.

I am sure Mac from Always Sunny would love to get in on this. When Zombie was on DNL he had said he'd already gotten a lot of calls from actors from Philly about wanting to be apart of it.

How is Bradley Cooper's French-Canadian accent?

Hockeypete49 02-07-2013 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JDinklage Morgoone (Post 59214779)
Are you guys reading that as a serious statement? Have you SEEN the other movies he has made? It will be damn impossible to make this bloodier. He was obviously joking.

He was joking. But this will most likely be a R rated flick. His issue will be finding guys to play the parts of Clarkie, Bernie,Dave,Joe and Freddie who can skate!

Hockeypete49 02-07-2013 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flyguy (Post 59215821)
:laugh: Bernie said Danny DeVito could play Bob Kelly and then Dorny said Moses could play Bernie. Good stuff.

I am sure Mac from Always Sunny would love to get in on this. When Zombie was on DNL he had said he'd already gotten a lot of calls from actors from Philly about wanting to be apart of it.

How is Bradley Cooper's French-Canadian accent?



The only guy Bradley could do is Big Bird!

ilovetheflyers8 02-07-2013 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 (Post 59209245)
When he said it on daily news live he laughed while saying it. He may have been just joking around since his other movies are pretty gory.

He asked a few current Flyers if they would interested in being in it. He wouldn't say who but one of them replied with "I only do porn flicks".

Ah, thanks. That makes me more excited about it.

flyguy 02-07-2013 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hockeypete49 (Post 59216041)
[/B]

The only guy Bradley could do is Big Bird!

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...cccY9MbwTJjGAw

Yeah, I guess he does kind of look like Saleski. Though I don't see Big Bird playing a big role in a movie with the likes of Clarkie, Bernie, Barber, Schultz, etc being the main parts.

Fred Shero will be interesting as well.

JDinkalage Morgoone 02-07-2013 09:30 AM

Zombie has guys he seems to use in every movie... he'll probably find a way to pencil his wife into the film considering she's been in every other one.

DrinkFightFlyers 02-07-2013 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hockeypete49 (Post 59215981)
He was joking. But this will most likely be a R rated flick. His issue will be finding guys to play the parts of Clarkie, Bernie,Dave,Joe and Freddie who can skate!

They should do what Disney did for "Miracle." IIRC they hired hockey players and taught them how to act instead of hiring actors and teaching them how to skate to make it look more authentic (or something along those lines). Did Swayze and Lowe do their skating in Youngblood?

phlflyer1 02-07-2013 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers (Post 59217449)
They should do what Disney did for "Miracle." IIRC they hired hockey players and taught them how to act instead of hiring actors and teaching them how to skate to make it look more authentic (or something along those lines). Did Swayze and Lowe do their skating in Youngblood?

I think Swayze and Lowe did their own skating scenes but they also brought in some real hockey players such as the late Peter Zezel and Steve Thomas to help make it a bit more authentic.

I think actor who played Youngbloods father was also a former NHLer if I remember correctly.

DrinkFightFlyers 02-07-2013 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phlflyer1 (Post 59219029)
I think Swayze and Lowe did their own skating scenes but they also brought in some real hockey players such as the late Peter Zezel and Steve Thomas to help make it a bit more authentic.

I think actor who played Youngbloods father was also a former NHLer if I remember correctly.

Nice. Youngblood, Slapshot, and Miracle are the three best hockey movies of all time. Mighty Ducks Trilogy are close behind.

Flyerfan4life 02-07-2013 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLegendkiller (Post 59210087)
Talbot or Bryz.

HaRTNELL OBVIOUSLY...

hahaha

Hockeypete49 02-07-2013 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flyguy (Post 59216255)
http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...cccY9MbwTJjGAw

Yeah, I guess he does kind of look like Saleski. Though I don't see Big Bird playing a big role in a movie with the likes of Clarkie, Bernie, Barber, Schultz, etc being the main parts.

Fred Shero will be interesting as well.

Just hearing Rob talk it sounds like Shero, Clarke, Parent, Schultz will be the main characters in the film. He also mentioned Joe Watson. I cannot wait to see the film when it is done and released. It was a wild and crazy time and my pals and I were right in the middle of it:laugh:.

DeadPhish5858 02-07-2013 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers (Post 59213505)
Bloodiest films yet? This may turn out to be an over the top movie that might wind up being more of a joke than a good movie.

On a similar note, a hockey movie I am interested in seeing, and I don't know the progress of, is the movie Kevin Smith said he was making about Warren Zevon's "The Hockey Song (Hit Somebody!)" a few years back. Great song, and potentially a great movie, if it ever gets made for real.

EDIT: Nevermind, looks like that will be a mini-series because no studio would give him funding for a hockey movie. Bummer.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers (Post 59215379)
Yeah. I hope it gets on a good network so they let him make it they way he wants it (A&E, HBO, FX, etc).

He's said recently that it will be announced soon. I did say it will be on one of the big networks. (I'd image NBC with their hockey insterests.) He also said it was going to be a different format that hasn't really been done on network tv before. I took look forward to it.

JDinkalage Morgoone 02-07-2013 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers (Post 59220847)
Nice. Youngblood, Slapshot, and Miracle are the three best hockey movies of all time. Mighty Ducks Trilogy are close behind.

The ending of Youngblood still makes me laugh. When he's waiting to see where the puck lands on the goal line... such tension! lol.

Ryker 02-07-2013 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flyerfan4life (Post 59220955)
HaRTNELL OBVIOUSLY...

hahaha

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLegendkiller (Post 59210087)
Talbot or Bryz.

Personally, I'd go with Shelley.

kicksave27 02-07-2013 01:21 PM

I'm sure David Boreanaz would want to be in it, he can actually play too.

One hockey movie I liked recently was "Goon".


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:53 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.