HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Winnipeg Jets (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   BDT: Leafs @ Jets | Thu Feb 07 | 7PM | MTS | Game 10 | "Beware the Ponantrowelly" (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1343733)

YWGinYYZ 02-07-2013 12:01 AM

Leafs @ Jets | Thu Feb 07 | 7PM | MTS | Game 10 | "Beware the Ponantrowelly"
 

http://www.twitchmedia.com/jets/gdt/...afs/gdt_01.jpghttp://www.twitchmedia.com/jets/gdt/...afs/gdt_02.jpg
http://www.twitchmedia.com/jets/gdt/...afs/gdt_03.jpghttp://www.twitchmedia.com/jets/gdt/...afs/gdt_04.jpg


'Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe;
All mimsy were the borogoves,
And the mome raths outgrabe.'

'Beware the Ponantrowelly, my son!
The jaws that bite hamburgers, the claws that catch!
Beware the Jujub bird, and shun
The frumious Phaneuf!'

Leafs (5-5-0) at Jets (4-4-1)

TV: LEAFS TV, TSN-JETS

Season series: Opening round of a three-game set, to be followed by a home-and-home in
mid-March. Last season the home team won every game, which contrasts the Toronto Maple Leafs'
fortunes of late.

Big story: Both teams stopped slides with important wins Tuesday. The Maple Leafs halted a
two-game hiccup and started a three-game road trip with a solid 3-2 win at the Washington
Capitals; the Winnipeg Jets won by the same score at home against the Florida Panthers in
overtime, snapping their three-game losing streak.

The Jets are a good home team with a 3-1-0 record, but the Maple Leafs have proven more
effective on the road with a 4-1-0 mark.

Team scope:

Maple Leafs: Washington has a history of being a very unfriendly stopover for the Maple Leafs,
who were winless there since Dec. 6, 2010. The Capitals' recent struggles, though, played right
into the Maple Leafs' hands as they took advantage of several Washington mistakes in Tuesday's
victory. The game-winner off the stick of Korbinian Holzer (his first NHL goal) was a knuckler
that threaded through traffic into the net. James van Riemsdyk scored the other two for
Toronto.

"The way you dream about it, you go top shelf after dangling three guys," Holzer told the
Toronto Star. "I'm very happy to get the goal and help the team win. I just shot it at the net
and luckily good things happened."

Van Riemsdyk told the Toronto Sun, "That's a thing all good teams have going for them: They
kind of nip (losing streaks) in the bud before it gets too big of a thing. Obviously it's a
huge game for us to stay in that range and continue to grow and continue to get better."

Jets: No doubt Bryan Little's overtime winner Tuesday at 4:46 is the Jets' biggest goal of the
season so far. It brought them back to .500 and stopped a slide that could have snowballed into
a season-breaker. It certainly looked that way when they generated three shots in the first
period.

"We were very tentative in the first period," Jets coach Claude Noel said in the Winnipeg Free
Press. "It looked like the puck was a grenade. I saw a lot of nervousness, saw a lot of plays
that were uncharacteristic. We looked like we'd never been together."

They began to build up confidence after that, keeping themselves in the game, but even the
power-play chance late in overtime wasn't much to cheer about. In fact, the Jets' inability to
get the puck into the Panthers' zone until the final shot drew boos.

"If I was in the stands, I probably would have been booing too," Little said to the Free Press.
"Four-on-three, it should be a little easier to get in the zone, but for some reason we had
some trouble with it.

"It doesn't really matter now that we got the two points."

Who's hot: Van Riemsdyk's two goals on Tuesday gave him the team lead with six. Phil Kessel has
yet to score a goal, which has drawn a wave of criticism, but he leads the team with six
assists.

Blake Wheeler's four goals set the pace for the Jets, but Tobias Enstrom leads the
team in points with 12, 10 of those assists.

Injury report: Toronto forward Mike Brown (shoulder) has been cleared to practice. An MRI exam
on defenseman Carl Gunnarsson's hip revealed no muscular damage. Both are day-to-day.

For the Jets, the status of defenseman Dustin Byfuglien remains one of the most important questions.
Out the past three games with a lower-body injury, he leads the team in minutes per game and is
a dominant force on the power play, with all three of his goals coming with the man advantage,
all at home.
Lifted from: Leafs @ Jets Preview
http://www.twitchmedia.com/jets/gdt/...afs/gdt_06.jpghttp://www.twitchmedia.com/jets/gdt/...afs/gdt_07.jpg
http://www.twitchmedia.com/jets/gdt/...afs/gdt_08.jpghttp://www.twitchmedia.com/jets/gdt/...afs/gdt_09.jpg

http://www.twitchmedia.com/jets/gdt/...afs/gdt_11.jpghttp://www.twitchmedia.com/jets/gdt/...afs/gdt_12.jpg


HEAD TO HEAD
TeamGPWLOTPP%G/GGA/GPP%PK%S/GSA/GFO%
Winnipeg944190.533.6723.762.128.629.151.3
Toronto10550100.52.52.91271.929.330.152.4


STARTING GOALIES
GoalieTeamGPGSWLOTSAGAGAASvSv%SOGAPIMTOI
Ondrej PavelecWPG88341225253.312000.8890000453:01:00
James ReimerTOR76330206172.711890.9170000376:26:00

SCORING LEADERS - JETS AND LEAFS
PlayerTeamPosGPGAP+/-PIMPPSHGWOTSS%TOI/GSft/GFO%
Tobias EnstromWPGD921012-460000728.626:11:0030.80
Phil KesselTORR1006606000042021:2325.166.7
Blake WheelerWPGR9459-8010101723.517:3222.60
Andrew LaddWPGL93581420102412.518:5723.450
Evander KaneWPGL9358-4810112711.118:2521.966.7
Nazem KadriTORC103582620002213.614:181941.8
Nikolai KuleminTORL10156-10000025418:262742.8
Dustin ByfuglienWPGD6347063000251226:58:0029.80
Bryan LittleWPGC92351010111910.518:4323.847.7
Tyler BozakTORC10235-3220101414.321:0728.858.3
Matt FrattinTORR75273200211145.512:3217.3100
Mikhail GrabovskiTORC10325-180000152018:3024.654.8
James van RiemsdykTORL106170620103417.617:5223.766.7

STREAMS
Video Streams
"NEW"atdhe.tv <--Most Reliable
Justin.tv (non-direct)
Channelsurfing.net (non-direct)
MyP2P Forums
First Row Sports
ChanFeed
LiveTV.ru

Audio Streams
TSN 1290 Radio

http://www.twitchmedia.com/jets/gdt/...afs/gdt_14.jpghttp://www.twitchmedia.com/jets/gdt/...afs/gdt_15.jpg
http://www.twitchmedia.com/jets/gdt/...afs/gdt_16.jpghttp://www.twitchmedia.com/jets/gdt/...afs/gdt_17.jpg

RESULTS
DateVisitorHomeTime (CT)TV Network/Results
Sat, 19 Jan 2013SenatorsJets2:00 PMFINAL OTT (4) - WPG (1)
Mon, 21 Jan 2013JetsBruins12:00 PMFINAL WPG (1) - BOS (2) SO
Tue, 22 Jan 2013JetsCapitals6:00 PMFINAL WPG (4) - WSH (2)
Fri, 25 Jan 2013PenguinsJets7:00 PMFINAL PIT (2) - WPG (4)
Sun, 27 Jan 2013IslandersJets7:00 PMFINAL NYI (4) - WPG (5) OT
Tue, 29 Jan 2013JetsCanadiens6:30 PMFINAL WPG (3) - MTL (4)
Thu, 31 Jan 2013JetsPanthers6:30 PMFINAL WPG (3) - FLA (6)
Fri, 1 Feb 2013JetsLightning6:30 PMFINAL WPG (3) - TBL (8)
Tue, 5 Feb 2013PanthersJets7:00 PMFINAL FLA (2) - WPG (3) OT
Thu, 7 Feb 2013Maple LeafsJets7:00 PMTSN-JETS
Sat, 9 Feb 2013JetsSenators1:00 PMCBC, RDS
Tue, 12 Feb 2013FlyersJets7:00 PMTSN-JETS

HIGHLIGHTS FROM LAST MEETING: FEB 17 2012

http://www.twitchmedia.com/jets/gdt/...afs/gdt_19.jpghttp://www.twitchmedia.com/jets/gdt/...afs/gdt_21.jpg

PARTING SHOT...

http://www.twitchmedia.com/jets/gdt/.../header_01.jpghttp://www.twitchmedia.com/jets/gdt/.../header_02.jpg
http://www.twitchmedia.com/jets/gdt/.../header_03.jpghttp://www.twitchmedia.com/jets/gdt/.../header_04.jpg
http://www.twitchmedia.com/jets/gdt/.../header_05.jpghttp://www.twitchmedia.com/jets/gdt/.../header_06.jpg



sipowicz 02-07-2013 12:04 AM

:handclap: Well done again!

Gnova 02-07-2013 12:04 AM

73-0 Jets

...and YWG makes me log onto the forums on my PC cause the format doesn't work on my tablet again lol

truck 02-07-2013 12:10 AM

The Jets top line needs to get rolling again here or at least soon. That, and a good Pav showing should be enough.

Also, **** Kessel. Don't give him his first goal.

truck 02-07-2013 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gnova (Post 59208029)
73-0 Jets

...and YWG makes me log onto the forums on my PC cause the format doesn't work on my tablet again lol

Droid or Apple tab?

Holden Caulfield 02-07-2013 12:11 AM

I hope someone runs Kadri's little punk ass over. I really really hate that guy, somebody light his ass up...classless pos...

DespoticNewt 02-07-2013 12:12 AM

Tch. Fine. Go Jets.

Reed Solomon 02-07-2013 12:12 AM

beats the leafs

that is all.

Romang67 02-07-2013 12:16 AM

I was gonna post a long post about how I feel about the Leafs, but I decided to let my buddy AM do it instead.




I feel like my feelings towards the Leafs are pretty well explained in that video.

Gnova 02-07-2013 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by truck (Post 59208311)
Droid or Apple tab?

IPad. It's no biggie. I just check it out once on my PC to see the theme.

Boreal 02-07-2013 12:19 AM

Very winnable game, but we cannot be dragging out rear end all over the ice to start the game. Hopefully Pavs doesn't let in any muffins this game. Those defensive pairings we are trotting out are frightening - and not in a good way. Fingers crossed - though Postma looked great last game, and Redmond was reasonably solid.

Maybe Enstrom can continue to pad his totals. I do not exactly fear Toronto's ability to keep the puck out of their own net.

Snot Rocket 02-07-2013 12:21 AM

Nice! I kind of want to break out the Roflcopter for that one...:handclap:

Perhaps you should work on a Jets "Comic", Noel would be even more priceless.

ghost88* 02-07-2013 12:24 AM

3-2 Leafs.

Last game did little to convince me that we're ready to play consistent "Jet Hockey" again.

rj24 02-07-2013 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield (Post 59208317)
I hope someone runs Kadri's little punk ass over. I really really hate that guy, somebody light his ass up...classless pos...

Leafs fan in peace. Just wondering what Kadri has done to make you feel this way?

DespoticNewt 02-07-2013 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FreeMason50 (Post 59208679)
3-2 Leafs.

Last game did little to convince me that we're ready to play consistent "Jet Hockey" again.

No no no. You have it wrong. Inconsistency IS Jets hockey.

Lynk 02-07-2013 12:39 AM

Winnipeg ****ing Jets Win 6 to ****ing 1.
Ron ****ing Hainsey Scores 6 Mother******* Goals.

For the love of Raptor Jesus, if there's any game to win please make it this one. ****.



Pardon my French.

Snot Rocket 02-07-2013 12:44 AM

Above all else the Jets should know that we do NOT want to lose to the Laffs.
Dress Peluso and have him board-sammich every player on the Laffs.

DO NOT LOSE THIS GAME JETS!

Holden Caulfield 02-07-2013 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rj24 (Post 59208689)
Leafs fan in peace. Just wondering what Kadri has done to make you feel this way?

Started in WJC one year. Canada is up 10-0 on Latvia with about 10 mins left in game. 5'9 150lb 16 year old defenseman for Latvia (probably never played above Junior B equivalent level) picks up the puck behind the net and Kadri skates in FROM THE BLUELINE full speed and just levels the poor kid right between numbers. One of the dirtiest hits I have seen + it was 10-0 ffs, why are you running to charge a kid in the back in that situation.

Played dirty the whole tournament as well. Don't like his attitude, won't answer when called out, likes to slash and bully smaller players, doesn't stand up to larger players tho, then he hides. I really hate that kid. Hope he goes back to being a complete bust right away. He deserved that fate.

Sweech 02-07-2013 01:23 AM

http://i56.tinypic.com/33xirl2.gif

Sweech 02-07-2013 01:26 AM

By the way I love the Alice in Wonderland theme for this epic BDT.

Kyle93 02-07-2013 01:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boreal (Post 59208551)
Very winnable game, but we cannot be dragging out rear end all over the ice to start the game. Hopefully Pavs doesn't let in any muffins this game. Those defensive pairings we are trotting out are frightening - and not in a good way. Fingers crossed - though Postma looked great last game, and Redmond was reasonably solid.

Maybe Enstrom can continue to pad his totals. I do not exactly fear Toronto's ability to keep the puck out of their own net.

Leafs GA= 29
Jets GA= 34

We could say the same thing about you.

lampshade* 02-07-2013 01:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield (Post 59209449)
Started in WJC one year. Canada is up 10-0 on Latvia with about 10 mins left in game. 5'9 150lb 16 year old defenseman for Latvia (probably never played above Junior B equivalent level) picks up the puck behind the net and Kadri skates in FROM THE BLUELINE full speed and just levels the poor kid right between numbers. One of the dirtiest hits I have seen + it was 10-0 ffs, why are you running to charge a kid in the back in that situation.

Played dirty the whole tournament as well. Don't like his attitude, won't answer when called out, likes to slash and bully smaller players, doesn't stand up to larger players tho, then he hides. I really hate that kid. Hope he goes back to being a complete bust right away. He deserved that fate.

Well, I guess it's a good thing we have two Manitoba boys in Mclaren and Orr. Any chances a jet will stand up? Didn't think so either. Guess Kadri can do what he wants.

Lynk 02-07-2013 01:43 AM

Great, thread full of Leafs fans already.

Holden Caulfield 02-07-2013 01:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lampshade (Post 59210423)
Well, I guess it's a good thing we have two Manitoba boys in Mclaren and Orr. Any chances a jet will stand up? Didn't think so either. Guess Kadri can do what he wants.

Damn, I really hope you guys dress them. Free goals for us!

Nobody is worried about some idiot goon "making them answer" or whatever, all they will end up doing is taking penalties where we will score even more. We can punish your players legally fine, those goons do less than nothing. But have fun watching those guys trying to skate around the ice "intimidating" us, we'll just keep on scoring on them and winning the game. And since our 4th line players can actually play hockey, we can actually catch your players to hit them legally.

:biglaugh: at goons doing anything in this day and age. Last I checked it's 2013, not 1983. Your 30 years too late.

lampshade* 02-07-2013 01:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield (Post 59210493)
Damn, I really hope you guys dress them. Free goals for us!

Nobody is worried about some idiot goon "making them answer" or whatever, all they will end up doing is taking penalties where we will score even more. We can punish your players legally fine, those goons do less than nothing. But have fun watching those guys trying to skate around the ice "intimidating" us, we'll just keep on scoring on them and winning the game. And since our 4th line players can actually play hockey, we can actually catch your players to hit them legally.

:biglaugh: at goons doing anything in this day and age. Last I checked it's 2013, not 1983. Your 30 years too late.

You had a little spat about someone running Kadri, which obviously won't happen when the Jets line up won't even look at our fourth line. Yea the same fourth line that has been on for one goal against this year. If Mclaren dresses I guarantee he will grab a jet, will be nice to see him playing in his home province for the first time ever. So back to your rant, what does Kadri have to worry about other than your aggressive text on hfboards?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:48 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.