HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Edmonton Oilers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Injury Report: Anton Lander (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1343743)

nofool6110 02-07-2013 12:06 AM

Anton Lander

Took a (J) Schultz shot off the ankle and left the game early in the frame; was seen being taken to the x-ray room and was on crutches.

So... Time to get Connolly, eh?

EDIT: Will update when we have some updates on his injury status.

From the Twitterverse:
-Edmonton Oilers-
Quote:

"Looks like a bad bone bruise" Coach Krueger on Anton Lander (foot) who left the game in the 1st period after blocking a shot
-Gene Principe-
Quote:

Anton Lander had x-rays. Too much swelling to get skate back on. Looks like deep bone bruise and nothing broken. Ralph Krueger
Will update when there is a definitive timetable for his return - but in the mean and between time, hope you get better soon, Lander!

EDIT: Out 4-6 weeks, broken foot. This team needs more of these.
Quote:

Dan Tencer ‏@dantencer
MRI confirms a broken foot for Anton Lander. 4 weeks minimum.

Nunymare 02-07-2013 12:14 AM

X rays negative per Tencer on CHED. Deep bruise or something.

GreatKeith 02-07-2013 12:16 AM

Anytime a puck touches one of our players it results in an injury. Astounding.

nexttothemoon 02-07-2013 12:30 AM

Tough luck for Lander... hopefully he sits out and heals up well and is better soon. Bad luck for the Oilers... injuries always seem to come in bunches for them.

Moonlapse Vertigo 02-07-2013 02:01 AM

When you're constantly chasing in your own zone injuries will happen.

GreatKeith 02-07-2013 02:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moonlapse Vertigo (Post 59210733)
When you're constantly chasing in your own zone injuries will happen.

His injury happened in the offensive zone.

Soundwave 02-07-2013 02:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreatKeith (Post 59208475)

No kidding the next time the puck hits one of our players their foot is going to explode or something. Jeez.

Hockey Nightmare 02-07-2013 02:37 AM

This is getting stupid.

Everlasting 02-07-2013 04:10 AM

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :(

How was Lander before the injury? Good? Great? Awesome?

Cwad the Impaler 02-07-2013 04:53 AM

This is reminiscent of when the jays lost Morrow, Drabek, and Hutchinson, in 3 straight starts

MeestaDeteta 02-07-2013 07:55 AM

Almost comical already.

joestevens29 02-07-2013 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nailor Hopberle (Post 59214203)
Almost comical already.

I don't even know what it is. I chuckled, shook my head and took a sip of beer all at once.

joestevens29 02-07-2013 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Everlasting (Post 59211781)

Standing, moving looking like a healthy center:(

nofool6110 02-07-2013 08:47 AM

Quote:

He had looked really good, but it's unfair to judge him after he played for maybe 2 minutes this game and got himself broken up on the play. By all accounts, it's not as bad as it looked like, which, as an Oilers fan, is more than we can hope for.

smokersarejokers 02-07-2013 10:09 AM

Quote:

I thought he was good. He played with Paajarvi and Hartikainen, who are both playing very well right now.

He was responsible, for the most part. He killed penalties. He had a few offensive chances, but couldn't bury them. Still needs to work on faceoffs.

Overall, he didn't look out of place. He had some chemistry with Paajarvi and Hartikainen.

Petro Points 02-07-2013 01:24 PM

NEEEXXTTTT !!!!

Vande Velde... commooonnnn down....

Petro Points 02-07-2013 01:27 PM

Quote:

Lander was good minus his faceoff % .. He will be a NHL\AHL tweener unless he can bring up his faceoff wins close to 50%.. If he does he'll have a long NHL career ahead of him..

molsonmuscle360 02-07-2013 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nofool6110 (Post 59215743)
He had looked really good, but it's unfair to judge him after he played for maybe 2 minutes this game and got himself broken up on the play. By all accounts, it's not as bad as it looked like, which, as an Oilers fan, is more than we can hope for.

Yeah, I think it was swelling that became a problem. He got hit, hobbled for a second, almost scored. Went off, came out for another shift, and then hobbled off.

Booyakasha 02-07-2013 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreatKeith (Post 59208475)

unless its Petrell...that mans made of steel!

The Nuge 02-07-2013 02:17 PM

so have we heard a time frame yet?

stratedge 02-07-2013 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Booyakasha (Post 59232281)
unless its Petrell...that mans made of steel!

Seriously... that dude's crazy. He doesn't face the puck like most guys do so as to catch the shot on the toe cap or shine pads, he turns sideways and uses his ankles to cover more net. If we were to bet on guys to get injured, I would have put all my chips on him to go first.

Love the guy though. Love seeing him find success.

The Nuge 02-07-2013 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stratedge (Post 59233883)
Seriously... that dude's crazy. He doesn't face the puck like most guys do so as to catch the shot on the toe cap or shine pads, he turns sideways and uses his ankles to cover more net. If we were to bet on guys to get injured, I would have put all my chips on him to go first.

Love the guy though. Love seeing him find success.

That's why I don't get why some people don't think we should resign him. He's like having Smid as a forward

Everlasting 02-07-2013 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Petro Points (Post 59229775)
Lander was good minus his faceoff % .. He will be a NHL\AHL tweener unless he can bring up his faceoff wins close to 50%.. If he does he'll have a long NHL career ahead of him..

Lander have more talent than everyone else here (except a few) realize. Trust me, he will have a long and great nhl career.

Thanks for the reports. Hopefully he will be back and kick some ass soon! :handclap:

Replacement 02-07-2013 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Everlasting (Post 59237037)
Lander have more talent than everyone else here (except a few) realize. Trust me, he will have a long and great nhl career.

Thanks for the reports. Hopefully he will be back and kick some ass soon! :handclap:

Lander's an interesting player. you can see the skillset but just glimpses at this level due to the outright speed of the NHL game. He's a bit of an enigma here and I want to see what things look like for him with more time and experience here and which should allow him to catchup with the pace.

What I like is he's game, willing to do anything, and listening. He's grown some niches in his game and usefullness here which buys him some minutes. Loved the quickstrike pinch and feed to Smyth for the shorthanded goal. That was a great play.

Everlasting 02-07-2013 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Replacement (Post 59238845)
Lander's an interesting player. you can see the skillset but just glimpses at this level due to the outright speed of the NHL game. He's a bit of an enigma here and I want to see what things look like for him with more time and experience here and which should allow him to catchup with the pace.

What I like is he's game, willing to do anything, and listening. He's grown some niches in his game and usefullness here which buys him some minutes. Loved the quickstrike pinch and feed to Smyth for the shorthanded goal. That was a great play.

You should have seen Lander in his last season with Timrċ. The entire team fell into a slump the last couple of games, except for Lander. He carried the team on his shoulder and did what no one else did. He was just outstanding and in the last game, he secured the playoff spot by being involved in both the goals, in the 2 - 1 victory. They made the playoffs with 1 point. He was just incredible and i have not seen him that good in the oilers yet.

But once he adjust to the NHL, you will see that his greatness. However, i am a feeling that for Lander to do that, he cannot just be the 3th/4th guy who gets extra minutes on the PK. He need to get some time in the 1st or seond line. When he got that room in Timrċ, he showed offensive skills too. Espacilly the skating, sometimes he just blasted through the opponents with explosive speed, that is a weapon i have never seen him use in Oilers :/