HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Wrestling (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=240)
-   -   WWE: The Rock at SummerSlam?; Major Lesnar program in the works for SummerSlam (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1343941)

Dean Ambrose 02-07-2013 10:43 AM

The Rock at SummerSlam?; Major Lesnar program in the works for SummerSlam

Quote:

- There is talk of using both Brock Lesnar and The Rock at this year's SummerSlam pay-per-view. WWE really wants the Hollywood community to be part of SummerSlam's festivities and both stars would help make it seem like a bigger event.
Quote:

- Word is that one of the bigger feuds this coming summer and fall will be Punk vs. Brock Lesnar, which could suggest that Brock is turning babyface eventually.
Source: F4WOnline

chuckdobbins 02-07-2013 10:48 AM

Punk v Brock could be a lot of fun. Not sure who I'd prefer as the heel though.

AfroThunder396 02-07-2013 10:53 AM

The current UFC Lesnar persona is the personification of what a monster heel is supposed to be. A terrifying, intimidating, physical freak of nature that demolishes everyone that looks at him the wrong way. I don't see how they can turn him, especially when face/tweener Punk was such an enormous draw. The whole Heyman angle would write itself.

Dean Ambrose 02-07-2013 11:01 AM

Yeah, I love the idea of Brock/Punk, but Brock can't be a babyface. Punk would HAVE to transition into the tweener role or creative would just have to let fans decide and have Punk and Heyman go back and forth on the mic with Lesnar getting involved physically with Punk.

Engebretson 02-07-2013 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AfroThunder396 (Post 59221091)
The current UFC Lesnar persona is the personification of what a monster heel is supposed to be. A terrifying, intimidating, physical freak of nature that demolishes everyone that looks at him the wrong way. I don't see how they can turn him, especially when face/tweener Punk was such an enormous draw. The whole Heyman angle would write itself.

Bingo.

Face/Tweener Punk never really ran into a monster heel like that during his early championship run so it would be fun to see that play out. Also, assuming that Heyman sides with Lesnar, it would be pure gold to see Punk and Heyman go after each other in promos.

OmniSens 02-07-2013 03:16 PM

I can't see Lesnar turning face based on a light schedule. It would be such a big turnover for a couple of appearances/matches a year.

Dean Ambrose 02-07-2013 03:31 PM

Punk would probably go tweener I'm guessing.

And I guess SummerSlam would be Rock/Cena III if Rock participates. No way Cena OR Rock would be in the third top match on SummerSlam.

Chicago Made Punk 02-07-2013 03:55 PM

Brock as a face? Lol.

Richie10 02-07-2013 04:38 PM

Can anyone explain to me why the WWE prefers CM Punk as a heel? Seems to me that he has a lot of respect within not only the lockerroom but the more wrestling savvy fans. Seems to me (just getting back into wrestling) that he would be a hugely popular face, whereas someone like Cena is way better suited as a heel at the moment.

I've also thought recently about how ballsy it would be to turn Rock heel and whether or not that would work.

Dean Ambrose 02-07-2013 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richie10 (Post 59240739)
Can anyone explain to me why the WWE prefers CM Punk as a heel? Seems to me that he has a lot of respect within not only the lockerroom but the more wrestling savvy fans. Seems to me (just getting back into wrestling) that he would be a hugely popular face, whereas someone like Cena is way better suited as a heel at the moment.

I've also thought recently about how ballsy it would be to turn Rock heel and whether or not that would work.

Cena is the biggest draw in WWE (even though he's slowly losing his drawing power), so he's the too face.

Fans won't boo The Rock. Look at 2003 for example. They just won't boo him.

End of Line 02-07-2013 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vince McMahon (Post 59240957)
Cena is the biggest draw in WWE (even though he's slowly losing his drawing power), so he's the too face.

Fans won't boo The Rock. Look at 2003 for example. They just won't boo him.

2002 was the only time I can remember, against Hogan then against Brock.

OmniSens 02-07-2013 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vince McMahon (Post 59236891)
Punk would probably go tweener I'm guessing.

And I guess SummerSlam would be Rock/Cena III if Rock participates. No way Cena OR Rock would be in the third top match on SummerSlam.

Nah, Rock vs Cena III, wrestlemania 30. You heard it here first

:sarcasm:

OmniSens 02-07-2013 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by End of Line (Post 59241363)
2002 was the only time I can remember, against Hogan then against Brock.

I think he meant when Rock returned in 03. He was a heel, but was a heel people loved to hate. Just couldn't get to hate him. He was too funny and good at it. Just like Punk today and Jericho *Whenever he turns Heel*..

Jericho said it best. "The longer you're in the business, the harder it is to get people to hate/boo you."

elias026 02-07-2013 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OmniSens (Post 59241945)
I think he meant when Rock returned in 03. He was a heel, but was a heel people loved to hate. Just couldn't get to hate him. He was too funny and good at it. Just like Punk today and Jericho *Whenever he turns Heel*..

Jericho said it best. "The longer you're in the business, the harder it is to get people to hate/boo you."

unless your Cena

End of Line 02-07-2013 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OmniSens (Post 59241945)

Ah, gotcha.

Sort of like Brock right now, despite being a monster heel, he's getting big pops.

Dean Ambrose 02-07-2013 06:35 PM

Wrestling Observer Newsletter from earlier reports WWE may hook The Rock vs Brock Lesnar.
---------------
IMO, that's a Wrestlemania caliber match up. Unless WWE is planning Rock/Taker at WM30 or something big like that, I don't agree with having Brock/Rock on SummerSlam.

ColePens 02-07-2013 06:49 PM

Rock/Taker is a LEGIT marquee match. That's ridiculous. Someone please post that user made promo! :yo:

Dean Ambrose 02-07-2013 07:10 PM

Actually on second thought, I can dig Rock/Brock at SS if they do Taker/Rock at WM30. What do you do with Lesnar though? Cena again? Avenge his loss and have Lesnar go over this time around?

Nobody mention Austin, he won't play second fiddle to The Rock.

OmniSens 02-07-2013 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by End of Line (Post 59245117)
Ah, gotcha.

Sort of like Brock right now, despite being a monster heel, he's getting big pops.

I think for Lesnar it's slightly dífferent. A lot of his pop is from his UFC background. Also, he left the WWE on a sour note in 2004. Most fans today are new additions from the appeal of Cena. People chanting for Lesnar are people like us on here and/or people who were around back then during his dominating 2 years prior to this era. Also, like mentioned above, his UFC days. He was arguably a fan favorite in my eyes.

Xenophobia Catalyst 02-07-2013 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ColePens (Post 59250219)
Rock/Taker is a LEGIT marquee match. That's ridiculous. Someone please post that user made promo! :yo:

The Shockmaster 02-07-2013 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Astraphobia Catalyst (Post 59264837)

Even WWE editors aren't as talented as some fans.

Snipeshow 02-07-2013 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Astraphobia Catalyst (Post 59264837)

Wow.

Dean Ambrose 02-08-2013 12:10 AM

The Rock vs The Undertaker would actually be an amazing way for both to end their careers.

Seth Rollins 02-08-2013 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chicago Made Punk (Post 59238053)
Brock as a face? Lol.

He's been a face in the past. It worked fine.

RussianRocket10 02-08-2013 02:36 AM

That fan made Rock vs Taker promo is incredible. I actually felt like they had a match at WM 29 after watching that.