HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Colorado Avalanche (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Offensive defenseman?? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1344041)

HabsProspectsExpert 02-07-2013 12:46 PM

Offensive defenseman??

Habs fan here!

I was looking at your team statistic, I noticed that your defensemans have a total of 0 goal - 7 assists in 60 games.

You definitely need help on the blue line, especially on the power play(you are 28 in the league). Will you be interested in Tomas Kaberle? He has been scratch the last 2 games because we have to many offensive defensemans

Av-merican 02-07-2013 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HabsProspectsExpert (Post 59227631)
Habs fan here!

I was looking at your team statistic, I noticed that your defensemans have a total of 0 goal - 7 assists in 60 games.

You definitely need help on the blue line, especially on the power play(you are 28 in the league). Will you be interested in Tomas Kaberle? He has been scratch the last 2 games because we have to many offensive defensemans

No, not interested at all.

Yannick Weber, however...

Drij 02-07-2013 12:52 PM

I will take him next season after you buy him out.

Ivan13 02-07-2013 12:56 PM

What Av-merican said, Avs wouldn't touch Kaberle with a 10 foot pole, Weber on the other hand might be something of interest to Colorado.

GeoffL19 02-07-2013 04:07 PM

We'll swap Weber for Hunwick :naughty:

skip2mybordeleau 02-07-2013 04:11 PM

i would take a chance on kaberle even though most people on here wouldnt.

Av-merican 02-07-2013 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Connolly2Duchene (Post 59238889)
i would take a chance on kaberle even though most people on here wouldnt.

Kaberle has been done in the league for quite some time. He didn't even last a full season in Carolina after signing for 3 years and $12 million because he was so bad. The only reason Rutherford got a sucker to take that contract was because Gauthier was desperate and rightfully sacked a few months later. The only reason he hasn't been much of a liability in Montreal is the fact that Montreal is so stacked right now he's been used sparingly. Put him on this squad and we go from a terrible, cheap defense to a terrible, expensive defense.

I'd rather the Avs have taken a flyer on Wade Redden than try to trade for Tomas Kaberle. That's how bad he is now.

Mant* 02-07-2013 04:54 PM

Forget about the numbers... all of our defensemen offend us.

Av-merican 02-07-2013 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mant (Post 59241769)
Forget about the numbers... all of our defensemen offend us.

Yup. Except that EJ Johnson guy.

henchman24 02-07-2013 05:20 PM

I'd take Kaberle for Hunwick

Hunwick just to get him away from Sacco. In the right situation Kaberle can still put up 30+ points. Hell, he scored 47 two seasons ago and still got 31 last year despite all the crap he got he can be a decent player. I'd just figure that he is a stop gap until Barrie/Elliott are ready. His contract really only has 1.5 season left and there is easily enough cap room for next season. I think he still has some left in the tank, not much, but enough to be a stopgap solution that could be had for scraps.

Freudian 02-07-2013 05:31 PM

I'd rather suffer through Zanon than suffer through over a year of Kaberle. The guy is done.

Avs_19 02-07-2013 05:37 PM

No thanks to Kaberle and his contract. Why not just play Barrie/Elliott if you want an offensive defenseman who is going to make mistakes in the defensive zone?

What's the deal with Visnovsky? Does he want nothing to do with the Islanders or the NHL all together?

Hennessy 02-07-2013 05:46 PM

"I noticed your old car has been giving you trouble. Would you like to take my mine? It's up on blocks in my front yard and I still owe payments for it of $799 a month, but I can just sign it over for you right now for the low, low price of that sandwich you're eating. Hey, I'm just here to help."

The Kingslayer 02-07-2013 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GeoffL19 (Post 59238625)
We'll swap Weber for Hunwick :naughty:

No take backs.

CB Joe 02-07-2013 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Av-merican (Post 59242837)
Yup. Except that EJ Johnson guy.

Erik Johnson Johnson?

Needs more Johnson.

Nzap 02-07-2013 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CB Joe (Post 59253221)
Erik Johnson Johnson?

Needs more Johnson.

EJ Johnson= Erik Jack Johnson

Frenchy 02-07-2013 08:19 PM

No thanks , not interested in Kaberle and his contract. He's not the shadow of the player he used to be with the Leafs. Plus the Habs will probably buy him out next season , so if the Avs have a tiny bit of interest in him , they will wait a few months and it wont cost them any players or draft picks to get him .

HabsProspectsExpert 02-07-2013 08:20 PM

Kaberle against Zanon or Hunwick could be a decent trade for both sides. I know that Kaberle has a bad reputation in the league right now, but he is still a great asset on the PP and he is still "ok" in his own end, you just don't put him on the PK.

Also, Zanon or Hunwick could be a great fit for us, because we need more depth in defensive defenseman.

And for those who want Weber, the things is, you have to give something in exchange for him(like a 2nd/3rd pick), but Kaberle we can almost give it to you for free if you are interested in him.

Reddawg 02-08-2013 12:47 PM

Was supposed to be the Stefan Elliot show by now, really can't understand how he's fallen as far off the map as he has.

S E P H 02-08-2013 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reddawg (Post 59306617)
Was supposed to be the Stefan Elliot show by now, really can't understand how he's fallen as far off the map as he has.

So because he is in his 2nd year in the AHL he is now considered a bust. Oh my...

Reddawg 02-08-2013 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by S E P H (Post 59307023)
So because he is in his 2nd year in the AHL he is now considered a bust. Oh my...

You're not worried at all about the total lack of forward progress? I think he went the first 10-12 games this season without a single point.

Maybe it's just me, but I get concerned when a 31g-81pt defenseman in the Dub can't seem to get it going as a pro. It's not like he's still a rookie, he has over 100 professional games under his belt at this point.

Av-merican 02-08-2013 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reddawg (Post 59308073)
You're not worried at all about the total lack of forward progress? I think he went the first 10-12 games this season without a single point.

Maybe it's just me, but I get concerned when a 31g-81pt defenseman in the Dub can't seem to get it going as a pro. It's not like he's still a rookie, he has over 100 professional games under his belt at this point.

He's apparently battling injuries this year. I'm not concerned at this point. If he's 24 and still hasn't progressed by then, I'll officially be worried.

Duncan Keith didn't have his breakout season until the age of 27 I believe. Defensemen just take longer to develop.

Reddawg 02-08-2013 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Av-merican (Post 59308993)
He's apparently battling injuries this year. I'm not concerned at this point. If he's 24 and still hasn't progressed by then, I'll officially be worried.

Duncan Keith didn't have his breakout season until the age of 27 I believe. Defensemen just take longer to develop.

I didn't know about the injuries, makes me feel better about hanging onto him on my farm for a while longer.

shadow1 02-08-2013 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reddawg (Post 59308073)

Nah. Last year he wasn't producing in the AHL but came up and scored two goals in his first three NHL games.

Guy has a sick wrist shot and has the smarts to be a PP QB. He just needs to round out the other parts of his game.

Av-merican 02-08-2013 01:56 PM

I will say I'm already just a bit concerned about Barrie, because the biggest and most glaring weakness in his game is something he can't really do much about--the fact that he gets manhandled way too easily all over the ice.

Maybe someone should give him the number to Crosby's/Duchene's trainer so he can work on his core strength. Seems so far to have done wonders for Matty.