HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   San Jose Sharks (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Burns close to returning? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1344243)

ilikebigjoe 02-07-2013 05:12 PM

Burns close to returning?

Curtis Pashelka ‏@CurtisPashelka

Per #SJSharks coach Todd McLellan -- no set date yet for Brent Burns return, but Burns will make upcoming road trip with team.

Is Burns maybe close(r) to returning? If so, should he get top line PP mins and who sits on the blue line in place of him? I'm assuming it will be Irwin but it could be one of several.

LeeIFBB 02-07-2013 05:17 PM

Save us Brent Burns!

hockeyball 02-07-2013 05:23 PM

They said a couple of weeks the other day so I'm assuming we'll see him in the next 5 games or so.

TheJuxtaposer 02-07-2013 05:23 PM

If Murray plays over two of Demers/Braun/Irwin, I will kick a puppy.

sr228 02-07-2013 05:23 PM

Unless Boyle is out of the lineup, he's far and away the best PP point man the Sharks have and he won't, or shouldn't, come off the first PP unit.

Burns will run the second PP unit, and they desparately miss him!

I'm guessing his return is probably still 10-14 days away and unless a shift in the defense philosphy happens between now and then, my guess is Irwin (and possibly Petrecki) goes back to Worcester. I guess there's also the slim chance they make a trade.

hockeyball 02-07-2013 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer (Post 59243431)

So? Murray will eat a puppy if they don't let him play.

Mafoofoo 02-07-2013 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer (Post 59243431)

Better go find a puppy.

rangerssharks414 02-07-2013 05:26 PM

I hope Burns comes back soon. The defense would be so much better with him. Now, if the coaches only had the balls to bench Murray, we'd be set.

Vlasic-Burns
Stuart-Boyle
Demers-Braun

I don't like the idea of a Demers-Braun pairing, but the first two pairs make so much sense.

209 02-07-2013 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mafoofoo (Post 59243513)
Better go find a puppy.

Make it two puppies. One for Jux to kick and one for Murray to eat.

TheJuxtaposer 02-07-2013 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rangerssharks414 (Post 59243615)
I hope Burns comes back soon. The defense would be so much better with him. Now, if the coaches only had the balls to bench Murray, we'd be set.

Vlasic-Burns
Stuart-Boyle
Demers-Braun

I don't like the idea of a Demers-Braun pairing, but the first two pairs make so much sense.

Are you forgetting that Braun and Demers played amazingly together down the strength last season? That they had a great Corsi rate? That Demers played better with Braun than any other partner he had last season (including Vlasic and Burns)? That D you listed is the ideal situation for us. Irwin is a great #7, Petrecki is a suitable #8.

There is no reason not to trade Murray, or at least make him the #8.

couturefan39 02-07-2013 05:37 PM

Sounds like he might play in the road trip coming up.

http://www.csnbayarea.com/blog/kevin...rip-boyle-meds

So between Feb 11th to the 23rd.

WTFetus 02-07-2013 05:38 PM

I wouldn't read too much into it. He was on the last road trip too. McLellan just likes team bonding.

rangerssharks414 02-07-2013 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer (Post 59244087)
Are you forgetting that Braun and Demers played amazingly together down the strength last season? That they had a great Corsi rate? That Demers played better with Braun than any other partner he had last season (including Vlasic and Burns)? That D you listed is the ideal situation for us. Irwin is a great #7, Petrecki is a suitable #8.

There is no reason not to trade Murray, or at least make him the #8.

I know nothing about advanced hockey stats, although I would like to learn one day. And I guess I forgot that they played well together.

They better get rid of Murray fast before he has zero trade value.

magic school bus 02-07-2013 05:47 PM

I'm sure Murray still has good value. Heck, DW traded a 2nd for Niclas Wallin, and he's one of the better GM's in the league.

hockeyball 02-07-2013 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by magic school bus (Post 59244697)
I'm sure Murray still has good value. Heck, DW traded a 2nd for Niclas Wallin, and he's one of the better GM's in the league.

Ack, does not compute. Headache!

Arrch 02-07-2013 06:08 PM

We all know that Murray's value is irrelavent since DW won't trade him, so a puppy is certain to get kicked.

Correct me if I am wrong, but these are our options:
  • Send Irwin down
  • Waive Petrecki (Not likely to clear)
  • Trade a defenseman

Option 2 really isn't an option, so I'm guessing they will try to line up a trade for one of our defenseman, and if that fails, they will send Irwin down.

Swervin81 02-07-2013 06:10 PM

Calm down guys, Murray still has value. Too bad he isn't a righty or else the Red Wings would've come begging us. Hopefully we trade him soon, if only just for cap relief. Once Chewburns is back, I like the idea Demers/Braun/Irwin revolving door with Petrecki as an insurance policy.

Iron Chef 02-07-2013 06:23 PM

Its all about #BeardWatch

He said he would trim down the beard when he was closer to a return

Graveland 02-07-2013 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arrch (Post 59246001)
We all know that Murray's value is irrelavent since DW won't trade him, so a puppy is certain to get kicked.

Correct me if I am wrong, but these are our options:
  • Send Irwin down
  • Waive Petrecki (Not likely to clear)
  • Trade a defenseman

Option 2 really isn't an option, so I'm guessing they will try to line up a trade for one of our defenseman, and if that fails, they will send Irwin down.

Petrecki is getting traded there is no way he gets waived. The wheels are starting to turn around the league, I wouldn't be surprised to see a few players off the roster in the next few weeks.

MarleauApologist 02-07-2013 07:16 PM

Save_Us.Burns

Led Zappa 02-07-2013 07:27 PM

If Burns wasn't on the team, what assets would you give up to get him?

sjshark91 02-07-2013 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Led Zappa (Post 59255001)
If Burns wasn't on the team, what assets would you give up to get him?

The package we gave Minn was market value.

Led Zappa 02-07-2013 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sjshark91 (Post 59255703)
The package we gave Minn was market value.

That's not what I'm asking. Burns one has a career ending injury, Burns 2 is available. What current assets would you give up to get him?

sjshark91 02-07-2013 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Led Zappa (Post 59256093)
That's not what I'm asking. Burns one has a career ending injury, Burns 2 is available. What current assets would you give up to get him?

T.J. Galiardi or Murray since I'm lost and don't know who we're talking about.

TheJuxtaposer 02-07-2013 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Led Zappa (Post 59256093)

No deal. We don't have expendable assets now. Setoguchi was expendable because we had 7 top-6 fowards. We can't spare any (except Clowe, whom I doubt is as valuable as Seto was). Secondly, I like Hertl a lot more than I liked Coyle, and we don't have anyone else near Coyle's caliber, so I don't know if there's even a deal to be made. Thirdly, our first will be a lot higher than 28th overall. So Galiardi, Hamilton, 2nd? Not even close to enough value, so no point.