HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Cleaning your Habs jerseys (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1344285)

Habsfan2992 02-07-2013 06:44 PM

Cleaning your Habs jerseys
 
Curious is dry cleaning the best? I took one of them to a dry cleaners and they mentioned that they wouldn't be responsible for the colors running. The 1st thing that went through my head was NOTHING Habs run but nevertheless is dry cleaning the best way?

kalessin 02-07-2013 06:52 PM

These colours don't run.

Habsfan2992 02-07-2013 06:55 PM

Already thought that ;)

Jee 02-07-2013 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kalessin (Post 59250463)
These colours don't run.

Very good PtH song.


hototogisu 02-07-2013 06:58 PM

I have a replica centennial jersey that I just washed the other day for the first time. Put it in on gentle cycle and then hung it to dry. No problems.

Habsfan2992 02-07-2013 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hototogisu (Post 59250995)
I have a replica centennial jersey that I just washed the other day for the first time. Put it in on gentle cycle and then hung it to dry. No problems.

I figured a washing machine would chew the crest or at least permanently wrinkle it

overlords 02-07-2013 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jee (Post 59250901)
Very good PtH song.

No such thing.

Karter 02-07-2013 08:02 PM

Long as it's gentle cycle it'll be fine.

hototogisu 02-07-2013 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habsfan2992 (Post 59253001)
I figured a washing machine would chew the crest or at least permanently wrinkle it

Maybe if you have a lower quality replica it might be a concern but as long as it's a good quality jersey I think you'll be okay.

Habsfan2992 02-08-2013 01:43 PM

ok great, thanks guys...one last question, do you guys think I could put in 4 or 5 jerseys at the same time? lol
stupid assed questions but still curious

Cyclones Rock 02-08-2013 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habsfan2992 (Post 59309489)
ok great, thanks guys...one last question, do you guys think I could put in 4 or 5 jerseys at the same time? lol
stupid assed questions but still curious

Bachelor:laugh: I relate. Stick 'em all in. Saves water and time:laugh:

DenverHabsFan 02-08-2013 02:44 PM

Gentle cycle, tumble dry for DD jerseys.

SeriousHabs 02-08-2013 02:56 PM

Good thread. My jersey is bleu - couleur de tache de café sale - rouge. It never occured to me that I could just stick it in the washing machine. :laugh:

Mahleezer 02-08-2013 09:36 PM

I got a couple of coke stains on my white jersey, Was quite upset because I was trying to be careful and still got it stained.

Anyways, I rubbed both stains with oxy-clean gel and then threw the jersey alone in the washer on gentle cycle and it came out good as new!!

I love my Markov jersey... not to thrilled with the fight strap though.

Habsfan2992 02-09-2013 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mahleezer (Post 59330191)
I got a couple of coke stains on my white jersey, Was quite upset because I was trying to be careful and still got it stained.

Anyways, I rubbed both stains with oxy-clean gel and then threw the jersey alone in the washer on gentle cycle and it came out good as new!!

I love my Markov jersey... not to thrilled with the fight strap though.

very cool good to know...I have a Kovalev jersey with a fighting strap in it..never worn it but I'm sure it would be uncomfortable


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:24 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.