HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: Edm-nyi (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1344525)

oilergc16 02-07-2013 10:33 PM

Edm-nyi

To edmonton: lubomir visnovsky

To New york islanders:Ryan whitney

these guys were traded for each other once before why not again..

whitney hasn't been fitting in very well as of late and was a healthy scratch last week visnovsky does not want to be on the islanders he could become a problem in the locker room being forced to be there. what do you think?

4thlineforlife 02-07-2013 10:47 PM

No offence but if Lubo doesnt want to go to the isles he want want to come to edmonton (I live in Edmonton so Im comfortable saying that)

Id do it in a heartbeat though

WeridAl 02-07-2013 11:02 PM

For Lubomir Visnovsky to be effective, he would have to play in the top 4 and he's not going to do that in Edmonton. No matter how bad Whitney is playing, this trade doesn't make any sense. Edmonton passes

SI90 02-07-2013 11:17 PM

Viz does not want to be in the NHL period....

Does not make sense for either team

s7ark 02-07-2013 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WeridAl (Post 59284873)
For Lubomir Visnovsky to be effective, he would have to play in the top 4 and he's not going to do that in Edmonton. No matter how bad Whitney is playing, this trade doesn't make any sense. Edmonton passes

I disagree. Lubo would definitely step into our top 4.

Smid - J Schultz
Visnovsky - Petry
Fistric - N Schultz

That is a much better D than we are icing.

I would do this deal in a heartbeat and I think it could work for both teams. Edmonton gets the better player, who isn't enthralled with the idea of playing in the NHL and is likely just a rental. Isle get the younger player, who's a reclamation project that they can re-sign if they like. And at least their 2nd wouldn't have gone to waste then.

I know Lubo asked to be traded from here before, but perhaps he could handle playing the last few months of his NHL career in Edmonton. It's generally past the worst of the winter by now and the team has more promise than during his last go around.

startainfection* 02-07-2013 11:37 PM

can the isles switch vis out for streit?

Cold Dome Beers 02-07-2013 11:43 PM

why not? Whitney has been terribad and Visnovsky doesn't care. Lateral move imo

Spawn 02-07-2013 11:44 PM

You would need assurances that Lubo Visnovsky would come back to Edmonton. But if so... oh **** yeah. Whitney has been on a pretty steady decline for 2 years now. Ever since he got injured after being absolutely outstanding for the first 1/2 of his first full season as an Oiler.

It's crazy how far he has fallen.

Had 27 points in 35 games, +13 playing 25 minutes a night. Just was outstanding for Edmonton in his first 50 or so games with the team.

Hurt his ankle, 2 years multiple foot/leg injuries later and he is just a fraction of what he was. Bottom pairing, horrendous skating, soft as butter, terrible decisions away from and with the puck (although he can still make a very nice first pass). I feel bad for him. Part of it is probably physical, part of it mental (not the first team he's fallen after starting out well).

Sort of wish that if he does get traded he succeeds. Seems like a nice enough guy.

OilCanada92 02-08-2013 03:14 PM

Considering it's Snow we might do Khabby for Niederitter..... Snow likes DEM GOALIES!:handclap:

Isles72 02-08-2013 03:25 PM

would rather keep vis and hope that he makes a difference on the island .

who knows , maybe he likes the area and resigns in the offseason like nabby did.

whitney has some foot problems that seem to be chronic

CREW99AW 02-08-2013 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oilergc16 (Post 59283229)
To edmonton: lubomir visnovsky

To New york islanders:Ryan whitney

these guys were traded for each other once before why not again..

whitney hasn't been fitting in very well as of late and was a healthy scratch last week visnovsky does not want to be on the islanders he could become a problem in the locker room being forced to be there. what do you think?

No thanks,

Vis has joined the isles and seems surprise, but pleased, by how welcoming everyone has been.

Isles pp was red hot the first 6-7 games. They were #1 in the league for those first 6-7 games, but it has dropped off the cliff the last 3-4 games ( 0 for 16). Isles hope Vis sparks their pp.

http://mobile.newsday.com/inf/infomo...ed:i=1.4592300
"It's a great thing, I think," said Frans Nielsen , who lost his spot on the point of the first power-play unit with Visnovsky's arrival. "We've got two of the best power-play quarterbacks in the league. There's no shame in that at all. He's a great player and he's going to help us."

Visnovsky said he was surprised by the warm reaction he received from his new teammates.

"I talk to Garth Snow, talk to coaches, talk to teammates and it was big surprise to me how good to me, everybody excited to like me and everybody thinking I try to help this team," Visnovsky said in English he apologized for after a brief interview. "I want to [show] everybody I'm a good player and I want to help this team and show I'm good to be back in NHL ."

CREW99AW 02-08-2013 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isles72 (Post 59314597)
would rather keep vis and hope that he makes a difference on the island .

who knows , maybe he likes the area and resigns in the offseason like nabby did.

whitney has some foot problems that seem to be chronic

Seeing how Nabby came around, nothing would surprise me.

deflowd 02-08-2013 05:25 PM

Maybe I'm clueless but I am under the impression Whitney has almost no value today and Visnovsky is going to report.

FunkyChicken 02-08-2013 05:33 PM

Did Visnovksy want out of Edmonton because it's Edmonton or because Pat Quinn played that "defensemen are not allowed to rush the puck" type system?

Probably irrelevant since Visnovsky holds more value.

CREW99AW 02-08-2013 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deflowd (Post 59320235)
Maybe I'm clueless but I am under the impression Whitney has almost no value today and Visnovsky is going to report.

He has reported and is going to play this weekend.

PWJunior 02-08-2013 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OilCanada92 (Post 59313929)
Considering it's Snow we might do Khabby for Niederitter..... Snow likes DEM GOALIES!:handclap:

While Snow loves his goalies, he never gives up real assets for them. He'll wait until they're on the waiver wire.

Richie Daggers Crime 02-08-2013 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CREW99AW (Post 59314695)
Vis has joined the isles and seems surprise, but pleased, by how welcoming everyone has been.

Means nothing. If a team can get an asset they want, they'll make a trade.

That being said, didn't Vis hate Edmonton? I wouldn't think the Oilers would want to bring that back, especially considering all the weaseling Vis has done since his trade to the Isles.

CREW99AW 02-08-2013 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richie Daggers Crime (Post 59323991)
Means nothing. If a team can get an asset they want, they'll make a trade.

That being said, didn't Vis hate Edmonton? I wouldn't think the Oilers would want to bring that back, especially considering all the weaseling Vis has done since his trade to the Isles.

Vis for Whitney gives the isles the d-man who's battled injuries, is playing badly and scores less. I can't see WHY the isles flip Vis for Whitney.

Kershaw 02-08-2013 07:29 PM

Isles get fleeced. Give up a top pair guy for one of the worst defenseman in the game.

WeridAl 02-08-2013 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by s7ark (Post 59286477)
I disagree. Lubo would definitely step into our top 4.

Smid - J Schultz
Visnovsky - Petry
Fistric - N Schultz

That is a much better D than we are icing.

I would do this deal in a heartbeat and I think it could work for both teams. Edmonton gets the better player, who isn't enthralled with the idea of playing in the NHL and is likely just a rental. Isle get the younger player, who's a reclamation project that they can re-sign if they like. And at least their 2nd wouldn't have gone to waste then.

I know Lubo asked to be traded from here before, but perhaps he could handle playing the last few months of his NHL career in Edmonton. It's generally past the worst of the winter by now and the team has more promise than during his last go around.

Everyone you talk to say how perfect a partner N.Schultz is for J.Schultz and I don't think you want to break that up. The Oilers want to improve Petry's offensive abilities and being paired with Visnovsky would limited him to playing a more defensive role, covering for Visnovsky. Having N.Schultz and Fristic together could be asking for trouble, because neither are known for the puck moving ability and I don't think either has played the right side.

For a team that lacks size in their forward ranks and relies on its D for the size and toughness I cannot see how Visnovsky would be a good fit.

Mc5RingsAndABeer 02-08-2013 08:02 PM

I'd definitely doing it, even if Lubo is ancient.

Whitney was on the cusp of being a high-quality #1 dman, but injuries have taken away his footspeed, which was such a huge part of his game.

Benedict Kovalchuk 02-08-2013 08:21 PM

I'd take my chances with Visnovsky versus guaranteed garbage in Whitney.

GatoradeG* 02-08-2013 08:23 PM

I think the Islanders would rather a player that they didn't have to pay.

SI90 02-08-2013 10:52 PM

Vis is going to love LI and sign an extension ala Nabby....

Striet will be available at the deadline if Isles are out....

Dont know much about VIZ character but somthing tells me hes going to be playing real hard to show everybody what kind of player he is..

thadd 02-09-2013 12:39 AM

If Lubo agrees to come back to Edmonton to actually play hockey, HELL yes. Lubo and Fistric would be sweet.