HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Value of: Green to Dallas (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1344557)

LatvianTwist 02-07-2013 11:11 PM

Green to Dallas
 
Was wondering what it would take. Seems like GMGM is on the hotseat and with the way the team has been playing lately, I think they could really use a shake-up. Just don't see Ovechkin or Backstrom being moved, and Carlson and Alzner are too young to give up just to change up the roster.

Was wondering if Goligoski would be a good base, and what we'd have to add to snag Green.

Benn, Eriksson, and Lehtonen are obviously off the table, and we won't be moving Oleksiak anytime soon either.

Was thinking something like Goligoski + Chiasson/Ritchie/Stransky + 2nd for Green.

Am I way off?

SonicSpeedDash 02-07-2013 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LatvianTwist (Post 59285381)
Was wondering what it would take. Seems like GMGM is on the hotseat and with the way the team has been playing lately, I think they could really use a shake-up. Just don't see Ovechkin or Backstrom being moved, and Carlson and Alzner are too young to give up just to change up the roster.

Was wondering if Goligoski would be a good base, and what we'd have to add to snag Green.

Benn, Eriksson, and Lehtonen are obviously off the table, and we won't be moving Oleksiak anytime soon either.

Was thinking something like Goligoski + Chiasson/Ritchie/Stransky + 2nd for Green.

Am I way off?

Goligoski + 2013 2nd for Green. I wouldn't up Chiasson.

Halpysback 02-07-2013 11:44 PM

Way off, Green is playing very good

Pohlow 02-08-2013 12:19 AM

I wouldn't add Ritchie/Chiasson to that, no. But Goligoski + 2nd + mid prospect would get Green.

Capathetic 02-08-2013 02:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pohlow (Post 59288085)
I wouldn't add Ritchie/Chiasson to that, no. But Goligoski + 2nd + mid prospect would get Green.

Matt Green(e) maybe.

Mystlyfe 02-08-2013 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LatvianTwist (Post 59285381)
Was thinking something like Goligoski + Chiasson/Ritchie/Stransky + 2nd for Green.

Am I way off?

Yes.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pohlow (Post 59288085)
I wouldn't add Ritchie/Chiasson to that, no. But Goligoski + 2nd + mid prospect would get Green.

No it wouldn't. Caps don't need mid-prospects or 2nd round picks. Caps don't really need Goligoski, either. If the Caps go full-on rebuild, then we may move Green for futures. But it would be quality futures, like 1st round picks and/or prospects like Oleksiak. Not B prospects and 2nd rounders.

LatvianTwist 02-08-2013 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mystlyfe (Post 59292563)
No it wouldn't. Caps don't need mid-prospects or 2nd round picks. Caps don't really need Goligoski, either. If the Caps go full-on rebuild, then we may move Green for futures. But it would be quality futures, like 1st round picks and/or prospects like Oleksiak. Not B prospects and 2nd rounders.

Those wingers aren't B prospects.

SDBondra 02-08-2013 04:03 PM

Green's one of the only Capitals playing well right now. I don't think he's the droid you're looking for.

fedfed 02-08-2013 04:03 PM

Goligoski + 1st at least.
If the prospects you're talking about are that good, then I think prospect + 2nd should be > 1st, no? Otherwise they're bad.

Mystlyfe 02-08-2013 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LatvianTwist (Post 59315699)
Those wingers aren't B prospects.

Yes they are. Guys like Kuznetsov, Strome, Scheifele, etc are A prospects. Ritchie/Chiasson/Stransky are not on the same tier.

Beyond that, the Caps are loaded with winger prospects. Kuznetsov, Forsberg, Wilson, Barber, Galiev, Stephenson, etc.

SimplySensational 02-08-2013 04:05 PM

Green is doing okay... He's maybe not 6 million a year offensive defense man, but he is 6 million all around defense man right now.

Ampersand 02-08-2013 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mystlyfe (Post 59316633)
Yes they are. Guys like Kuznetsov, Strome, Scheifele, etc are A prospects. Ritchie/Chiasson/Stransky are not on the same tier.

Beyond that, the Caps are loaded with winger prospects. Kuznetsov, Forsberg, Wilson, Barber, Galiev, Stephenson, etc.

I would put Ritchie right up there with Sheifele, but you're right, the other 2 would be considered B level. That being said, both Chaisson, and Stransky have shown a lot of potential to play beyond their level description.

Fly Like a C5 02-08-2013 06:53 PM

I don't know why Washington would do this. Golgoski is a significant downgrade from Green (and only 1.5 million less of a cap hit) and the prospects being offered are decent but not outstanding.

MW6 02-08-2013 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fly Like a C5 (Post 59323061)
I don't know why Washington would do this. Golgoski is a significant downgrade from Green (and only 1.5 million less of a cap hit) and the prospects being offered are decent but not outstanding.

The only thing that entices me is that the Caps finally get a left shooting PPQB.

StarsFan74 02-08-2013 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LatvianTwist (Post 59285381)
Was wondering what it would take. Seems like GMGM is on the hotseat and with the way the team has been playing lately, I think they could really use a shake-up. Just don't see Ovechkin or Backstrom being moved, and Carlson and Alzner are too young to give up just to change up the roster.

Was wondering if Goligoski would be a good base, and what we'd have to add to snag Green.

Benn, Eriksson, and Lehtonen are obviously off the table, and we won't be moving Oleksiak anytime soon either.

Was thinking something like Goligoski + Chiasson/Ritchie/Stransky + 2nd for Green.

Am I way off?

I'd add Eakin and Dillon to that list too.

But I have to say that if a Goose+ or Goose++ doesn't entice them, then that's it. We don't have anything else that they want. As someone pointed out, they have a plethora of prospects at wing and arguably much better than ours.

msrulo 02-08-2013 11:59 PM

Green is one of the best offensive defenseman in the league and he's back in shape, untradeable imo.

Phil Connors* 02-09-2013 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by msrulo (Post 59334871)
Green is one of the best offensive defenseman in the league and he's back in shape, untradeable imo.

He hasn't been that since 09-10. But I think Washington will give him a chance to get back there, now that he's healthy.

glovesave_35 02-09-2013 01:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MW6 (Post 59334695)
The only thing that entices me is that the Caps finally get a left shooting PPQB.

I hope you're not talking about Goligoski.

Capathetic 02-09-2013 01:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReaallMunson18 (Post 59335631)
He hasn't been that since 09-10. But I think Washington will give him a chance to get back there, now that he's healthy.

7 pts in 11 games I think...not too bad. Imagine what those numbers look like once the caps get better in the new system and improve the power play. No where to go but up right?

Besides hes been above average on defense. Caps need more players like him not less.

donpaulo 02-09-2013 06:47 AM

Highly unlikely

I think Green stays in a Cap uniform and they build around him Carlson and Alzner

Further that Big D went and sent James Neal and Niskanen for Goligoski to be their go to guy I doubt he is going anywhere either. All due respect for Robidas who has been very effective for the stars, he is 35 years old now.

The deal I couldn't understand was the Grossmann deal. I guess it was a salary dump in a similar manner to the Goligoski deal ?

anyway Green has the potential to return to monster status. I think washington wants to keep him around in case that happens again.

Faidh ar Rud Eigin 02-09-2013 09:28 AM

The problem with giving up a lot is his health. I don't know if he's healthy, he's pretty awesome when he is though.

We need a real number one defensemen, and giving up Goligoski is perfectly fine with that.

Goligoski + Alex Chiasson + Devin Shore (Dallas 2nd rounder from 2012) + Tom Wandell + 2nd 2014 + 3rd 2013 for Mike Green + Jay Beagle.

Would also be willing to take on one of Washingtons bad contracts.

So a top 4 defensemen, one of Dallas' top prospects, one of Dallas' "B" center prospects, a 4th lier, and two draft picks for a top 2 defensemen, a 4th liner and possibly a bad contract. I'm not saying that's a lot but this is what I would pay for Green that looks to be healthy but still has the possibility of injury again.

That's more than Dallas gave for Brad Richards (A top 6 forward, a top young goalie a 4th liner for a number one center and a medicore backup).
Quote:

Originally Posted by glovesave_35 (Post 59336089)
I hope you're not talking about Goligoski.

Yes in reality Goligoski is more of a "shoot it or pass it into the others teams players kind of guy on the powerplay.

Although at times this has not been the case. Last season and the season before. He's only 1 1/2 years removed from a 14 goal 46 point season.

tjcurrie 02-09-2013 09:41 AM

No way I include Ritchie in there.

Im not a fan of Green myself, but I could see a use for him on our offense-lacking blueline. I just think Washington would want a lot for him and I dont think hes worth it.

fedfed 02-09-2013 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Faidh ar Rud Eigin (Post 59341167)
The problem with giving up a lot is his health. I don't know if he's healthy, he's pretty awesome when he is though.

We need a real number one defensemen, and giving up Goligoski is perfectly fine with that.

Goligoski + Alex Chiasson + Devin Shore (Dallas 2nd rounder from 2012) + Tom Wandell + 2nd 2014 + 3rd 2013 for Mike Green + Jay Beagle.

Would also be willing to take on one of Washingtons bad contracts.

So a top 4 defensemen, one of Dallas' top prospects, one of Dallas' "B" center prospects, a 4th lier, and two draft picks for a top 2 defensemen, a 4th liner and possibly a bad contract. I'm not saying that's a lot but this is what I would pay for Green that looks to be healthy but still has the possibility of injury again.

That's more than Dallas gave for Brad Richards (A top 6 forward, a top young goalie a 4th liner for a number one center and a medicore backup).


Yes in reality Goligoski is more of a "shoot it or pass it into the others teams players kind of guy on the powerplay.

Although at times this has not been the case. Last season and the season before. He's only 1 1/2 years removed from a 14 goal 46 point season.

We are not interested in quantity for quality. We need quality, just younger. Every trade for Gren must begin with (for some reason unsettled) top-4 RD then 1st rounder or quality center prospect. Not much interest in trading him.

Faidh ar Rud Eigin 02-09-2013 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fedfed (Post 59342129)
We are not interested in quantity for quality. We need quality, just younger. Every trade for Gren must begin with (for some reason unsettled) top-4 RD then 1st rounder or quality center prospect. Not much interest in trading him.

I'm always weary about trading first rounders because you never know how bad you'll fail. Would you rather have Goligoski and a 2014 1st for Green than the package I put together?

I'd do Goligoski and a 1st if the 1st was conditional. If Dallas finishes 1-14, it becomes a 2014 1st rounder that you get as long as Dallas does not finish in the bottom 5, if they do then Washington gets the 2015 first rounder.

StarsFan74 02-09-2013 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fedfed (Post 59342129)
We are not interested in quantity for quality. We need quality, just younger. Every trade for Gren must begin with (for some reason unsettled) top-4 RD then 1st rounder or quality center prospect. Not much interest in trading him.

And that's why I think a trade wouldn't work. Goligoski is the only piece we can realistically give away in terms of quality and add to that piece. He's only 3 months older than Green and while I agree he has been snake-bit since 2010-11, that could be a result of having to play 1/2D minutes and he doesn't have the size for that. He is a good 3D should he find his offensive spark. Maybe a change of scene to an offensive-minded unit in WSH where "Carlzner" can handle the #1D and #2D positions and he is paired with a shutdown guy like Hamrlik, is the panacea for his ills.

I perfectly understand your not wanting to trade Green, however.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:39 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.