HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: Toronto - Columbus (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1344741)

Drew311 02-08-2013 08:54 AM

Toronto - Columbus

:leafs

R.J. Umberger

:cbj

Clarke MacArthur
2013 2nd Round Pick

Leafs need a big, physical forward in their top nine and wouldn't have a problem fitting in his cap hit going forward. Columbus gets a good pick and a player with a year left on his contract, and will be first in line to re-sign him if he fits in well. If MacArthur doesn't re-sign at least they have the cap flexibility in the future.

Phion Keneuf 02-08-2013 08:54 AM

Umberger is godawful.

I'd prefer to give them MacA for free then making this deal.

TOGuy14 02-08-2013 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drew311 (Post 59295085)

R.J. Umberger

Clarke MacArthur
2013 2nd Round Pick

Leafs need a big, physical forward in their top nine and wouldn't have a problem fitting in his cap hit going forward. Columbus gets a good pick and a player with a year left on his contract, and will be first in line to re-sign him if he fits in well. If MacArthur doesn't re-sign at least they have the cap flexibility in the future.

Please tell me which forward Umberger knocks from the lineup and why he is such a big upgrade we need to add a 2nd Rd pick to get him:

Kessel
Lupul
JVR
Grabo
Kulemin
Bozak
Kadri

12345* 02-08-2013 09:34 AM

Quote:

R.J. Umberger

Clarke MacArthur
2013 2nd Round Pick

Umberger is useless. Not trading a 2nd round pick in a deep draft for that.

EucaLEAFtys 02-08-2013 09:44 AM

Quote:

R.J. Umberger

Clarke MacArthur
2013 2nd Round Pick

Sorry.. not interested. Also not moving a good pick with a deep draft on the horizon.

LEAFANFORLIFE23 02-08-2013 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TOGuy14 (Post 59296371)
Please tell me which forward Umberger knocks from the lineup and why he is such a big upgrade we need to add a 2nd Rd pick to get him:

Kessel
Lupul
JVR
Grabo
Kulemin
Bozak
Kadri

bozak

Kev22 02-08-2013 09:47 AM

Quote:

R.J. Umberger

Clarke MacArthur
2013 2nd Round Pick

While R.J. has a NTC, there are a lot of Columbus fans that would probably personally drive him to Toronto at this point. He's struggling right now. He didn't really have any success until late last season either. There are questions about his conditioning with the fanbase, because he did not play during the lockout, only worked out with the Ohio State hockey team as a volunteer assistant.

Xoggz22 02-08-2013 09:57 AM

The only comment I will say about Umberger is that while he may appear to be "god awful" at the moment, please take a look at the forwards in Columbus. RJ is playing on a top line against the best players and that's not the kind of player he is. RJ needs some skill around him to be successful. He does not generate offense, he feeds off others that do. Columbus does not have players like this.

While I don't think he's played great, I do think he's in a terrible situation for what his skill set is. He is a 20-25 goal scorer and with a player like Grabs or Kessel or Lupul on his line he could settle into "his" game. He's not in a position to drive the C-bus offense and it's showing. He looks "god awful" but I don't believe that's the player he is.

All that said, I think the offer is too rich so, gladly I would take it. :)

Walter Kovacs 02-08-2013 10:06 AM

Ok i dont watch alot of Columbus but is Umberger really that bad ?? He may be struggling this season but there are alot of guys who are, If i went bye stats from seasons past i'd take him over Macarthur in a heartbeat.

Drew311 02-08-2013 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TOGuy14 (Post 59296371)

Kessel
Lupul
JVR
Grabo
Kulemin
Bozak
Kadri

Right now I take him over MacArthur in a heartbeat. We need the size and grit, and a guy we can plug in front of the net to pot rebounds.

Lupul - Bozak - Kessel
JVR - Grabovski - Kulemin
Umberger - Kadri - Frattin

IMO Kulemin and Umberger could be interchangable. If Kulemin's offense doesn't come back then it would be nice to have a guy like Umberger who could shift to any line.

TmlHockeyFan 02-08-2013 10:23 AM

Grabovski, MacArthur, Liles, 3rd Round (2013) and Steckel for Columbus 1st round pick (2013) and 1st round pick (2015)

InjuredChoker 02-08-2013 10:24 AM

Columbus would say hell yeah.. Toronto hell no.

InjuredChoker 02-08-2013 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TmlHockeyFan (Post 59298893)
Grabovski, MacArthur, Liles, 3rd Round (2013) and Steckel for Columbus 1st round pick (2013) and 1st round pick (2015)

Yeah, no thanks.

Samkow 02-08-2013 10:26 AM

You don't want any part of Umberger. Trust me. Columbus takes this deal and runs.

BigFatCat999 02-08-2013 10:31 AM

If Umby goes to Toronto he becomes a very valuable player. Toronto has skill but not much in the way of grit. Also TOR Columbus will NOT trade any of their 1sts to anyone. Right now the CBJ have 3 picks in the top 14. 2 in the top 5.

If I was CBJ Prez and GM I would be patient, do NOTHING and then draft. If the picks hold as is; 2,4,14. I would try and deal 4 and 14 for #3 and a 3rd and pick Mac and Drouin. Instant 2nd line, possible 1st line.

As for TOR fan, your team does not completely and utterly suck, quit listening to the media, right now the Leafs are a 6-10 team with an ungodly amount of cap space next year. Relax enjoy this half season. Even if your team wins the cup, the haters on HF will crap on it because it's not a real cup and only a half season cup.

Drew311 02-08-2013 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samkow (Post 59299079)
You don't want any part of Umberger. Trust me. Columbus takes this deal and runs.

What's his issue(s)? I haven't seen him play this year.

TmlHockeyFan 02-08-2013 10:34 AM

Kessel and Grabovski for Columbus 1st (2013) and 1st (2015) and 2nd (2013).

Gagnefan924 02-08-2013 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TmlHockeyFan (Post 59299513)
Kessel and Grabovski for Columbus 1st (2013) and 1st (2015) and 2nd (2013).

Any deal for CBJs 1st is an instanodeal

Wizeman* 02-08-2013 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samkow (Post 59299079)

We Canuck fans can vouch for this. :yo:

TOGuy14 02-08-2013 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LEAFANFORLIFE23 (Post 59297081)
bozak

Bozak has 7 points in 11 games, playing as our top line center, winning nearly 58% of his faceoffs. Bozak put up 47 points last year

Umberger has 1 point in 11 games. He had 40 points last year.

Tell me how Umberger is an upgrade over Bozak?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drew311 (Post 59298759)
Right now I take him over MacArthur in a heartbeat. We need the size and grit, and a guy we can plug in front of the net to pot rebounds.

Lupul - Bozak - Kessel
JVR - Grabovski - Kulemin
Umberger - Kadri - Frattin

IMO Kulemin and Umberger could be interchangable. If Kulemin's offense doesn't come back then it would be nice to have a guy like Umberger who could shift to any line.

If you want to say Umberger is better than MacA, sure, we can go with that, but are you actually telling me that you would give up a 2nd to go from MacA to Umberger (who has a higher cap hit as well)? That is brutal asset management in my eyes...

TSA0402 02-08-2013 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Tarkanian (Post 59298077)
Ok i dont watch alot of Columbus but is Umberger really that bad ?? He may be struggling this season but there are alot of guys who are, If i went bye stats from seasons past i'd take him over Macarthur in a heartbeat.

Umberger has had a terrible start. Then again, the whole team isn't scoring without much forward talent. Is he that bad? No.

Your typical reactionary HF thread.

Crede777 02-08-2013 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TSA0402 (Post 59299767)
Umberger has had a terrible start. Then again, the whole team isn't scoring without much forward talent. Is he that bad? No.

Your typical reactionary HF thread.

True but his lack of production is a problem for Columbus. Not much point in risking making it a problem for Toronto.

bizzz* 02-08-2013 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 (Post 59299333)
If Umby goes to Toronto he becomes a very valuable player. Toronto has skill but not much in the way of grit. Also TOR Columbus will NOT trade any of their 1sts to anyone. Right now the CBJ have 3 picks in the top 14. 2 in the top 5.

If I was CBJ Prez and GM I would be patient, do NOTHING and then draft. If the picks hold as is; 2,4,14. I would try and deal 4 and 14 for #3 and a 3rd and pick Mac and Drouin. Instant 2nd line, possible 1st line.

As for TOR fan, your team does not completely and utterly suck, quit listening to the media, right now the Leafs are a 6-10 team with an ungodly amount of cap space next year. Relax enjoy this half season. Even if your team wins the cup, the haters on HF will crap on it because it's not a real cup and only a half season cup.

In which world the difference between 4th and 3rd overall is 14th? Drouin is not so much better than Barkov to give up player like Erne or Mantha.

LEAFANFORLIFE23 02-08-2013 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TOGuy14 (Post 59299621)
Bozak has 7 points in 11 games, playing as our top line center, winning nearly 58% of his faceoffs. Bozak put up 47 points last year

Umberger has 1 point in 11 games. He had 40 points last year.

Tell me how Umberger is an upgrade over Bozak?

If you want to say Umberger is better than MacA, sure, we can go with that, but are you actually telling me that you would give up a 2nd to go from MacA to Umberger (who has a higher cap hit as well)? That is brutal asset management in my eyes...

how many times has bozak put up 50 or more points in a season ? answer 0 umberger has done it 3 times he also plays both center and wing making him versatile Bozak can't do that and he adds size bozak doesn't.

That said that is a heavy contract

93gilmour93 02-08-2013 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LEAFANFORLIFE23 (Post 59297081)
bozak

:laugh: I don't think so.