HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   The Business of Hockey (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=124)
-   -   Major winter storm (Nemo) impact on hockey (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1344827)

LadyStanley 02-08-2013 12:21 PM

Major winter storm (Nemo) impact on hockey

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nhl/stor...d-nhl-schedule

Still unclear if Bruins-Lightning matinee game on Saturday will be held regardless (really no time in schedule to "make up" game).

But other games impacted including:
Quote:

Other area games on Friday night, though, have already been affected. The AHL's Providence Bruins' game against the Portland Pirates was moved to Monday; Northeastern at UMass has been postponed until Tuesday; and New Hampshire and Providence will play Wednesday.
(I know there's a BU game cancelled this weekend.)

LadyStanley 02-08-2013 04:08 PM

Bruins-Lightning game pushed from 1pm to 7pm start due to storm.

Ringmaster316 02-08-2013 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LadyStanley (Post 59313597)
Bruins-Lightning game pushed from 1pm to 7pm start due to storm.

great:(

less afternoon hockey

Inkling 02-08-2013 06:47 PM

Kingston and Ottawa OHL games cancelled tonight. The Ottawa game is moved to tomorrow night, don't know about the game in Kingston.

puckguy11 02-09-2013 09:53 AM

Per the Devils' Twitter this morning:
Quote:

Snow isn't stopping us! Today's 1p game is on as scheduled. Check your train/bus schedule. If you're driving take your time & drive safe.

StrBender 02-09-2013 10:16 AM

If it's illegal to drive in MA, and ALL PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION is SHUT DOWN. WHY does the NHL still plan to play today's Bruins/Lightning game? If I paid for tickets I would be pissed off BIG TIME. Especially if I was bringing a little one to the game, or it was a gift. After having the lockout, this is not a good PR move on the part of the NHL. Mr Jacobs won't be happy either making $100.00 in concession stand sales from the 50 fans in attendance. Also, how will the employees needed to run the show ie. ushers, ticket collectors, concession workers, etc. even get there? Did the Bruins lock them up in a hotel for the night? A lot of those workers have full time day jobs. I wouldn't be so upset at the NHL if the roads were open, or there was public transportation, but this is just wrong, and I don't even have tickets for the game :amazed:

I'm hoping after I go out and move 3' of snow from around my house I will have forgotten about the game :shakehead :rant::cry::laugh:

I hope everyone stays safe

P.S. The news just gave an update. There are now 420,000 without power in MA alone!!!!!

Dangleberry 02-09-2013 12:29 PM

Big deal, the Giants and Knicks still played after Sandy. This is just snow.

GKJ 02-09-2013 12:32 PM

They will lift the travel ban because those 420,000 need to be allowed to seek refuge at shelters.

tony d 02-09-2013 01:28 PM

According to the St.John's Ice Caps Facebook page their game tonight in St.John's vs. Conneticut is still going ahead despite the weather. They will notify if anything changes.

bodybreak 02-09-2013 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StrBender (Post 59340913)
If it's illegal to drive in MA, and ALL PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION is SHUT DOWN. WHY does the NHL still plan to play today's Bruins/Lightning game? If I paid for tickets I would be pissed off BIG TIME. Especially if I was bringing a little one to the game, or it was a gift. After having the lockout, this is not a good PR move on the part of the NHL. Mr Jacobs won't be happy either making $100.00 in concession stand sales from the 50 fans in attendance. Also, how will the employees needed to run the show ie. ushers, ticket collectors, concession workers, etc. even get there? Did the Bruins lock them up in a hotel for the night? A lot of those workers have full time day jobs. I wouldn't be so upset at the NHL if the roads were open, or there was public transportation, but this is just wrong, and I don't even have tickets for the game :amazed:

I'm hoping after I go out and move 3' of snow from around my house I will have forgotten about the game :shakehead :rant::cry::laugh:

I hope everyone stays safe

P.S. The news just gave an update. There are now 420,000 without power in MA alone!!!!!

Driving ban ends at 4pm ET. Game is at 7pm ET.

CHRDANHUTCH 02-09-2013 03:50 PM

B's/Lightning game has been ppd as of 3pm, LS, MBTA isn't going to be running; also POR/BRI AND MCH/PRO have already been ppd

powerstuck 02-09-2013 11:02 PM

In LHJMQ two games have been canceled. Halifax at Bathurst and Moncton at Rimouski due to the weather.

I don't think the weather is that bad in Rimouski, the cancelation might be due to Moncton unable to make the trip.

devils1119 02-10-2013 02:48 AM

Devils announced 17,625 (sellout) vs. Pittsburgh after a foot of snow fell the previous night and morning of the game.

LadyStanley 02-10-2013 11:52 AM

http://theahl.com/sharks-sound-tiger...sunday-p181856

AHL postpones Worcester @ Bridgeport game scheduled for today.

aemoreira1981 02-10-2013 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by devils1119 (Post 59413855)
Devils announced 17,625 (sellout) vs. Pittsburgh after a foot of snow fell the previous night and morning of the game.

New Jersey really didn't get hit too badly, however. It is east of New York City that took the worst of it.

As for the Bruins and Lightning, it has been postponed to April 26. Both the Bruins and the Panthers would then have to rush to Logan after the game...the Lightning to get back to Tampa to play the Panthers and the Bruins to get to DC to play the Capitals.

Djp 02-11-2013 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aemoreira1981 (Post 59422907)
New Jersey really didn't get hit too badly, however. It is east of New York City that took the worst of it.

As for the Bruins and Lightning, it has been postponed to April 26. Both the Bruins and the Panthers would then have to rush to Logan after the game...the Lightning to get back to Tampa to play the Panthers and the Bruins to get to DC to play the Capitals.

Based on their schedule they only had 3 dates they could possibly do....

Mon feb 17/tues Feb 18 with some game switching by toronto
A late March date (last thursday)..they would have to change a concert date
Or the Last Thursday of the season....which is where they are slating it
the other option would have been to schedule it for Sunday Apr 28 at noon and play it only if it mattered in the standings/seedings.

LadyStanley 02-11-2013 07:21 PM

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=655209
Official announcement of rescheduling Bruins-Lightning game to 4/25 7:30pm.