HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: Phi-tor (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1345073)

Mellor683 02-08-2013 04:06 PM

Phi-tor
 
Kessel, M. Rielly or Gardiner, Macarthur --> Couturier, Read, 2nd

TorstenFrings 02-08-2013 04:08 PM

One does not get to say this often, but that seems bad for the Leafs.

HockeySensible 02-08-2013 04:08 PM

Not enough going to Toronto.

Mellor683 02-08-2013 04:09 PM

Replace read with Voracek?

GoneFullHextall 02-08-2013 04:10 PM

not sure the Flyers can take on that kind of salary.

bleedblue1223 02-08-2013 04:12 PM

That's pretty bad for the Leafs.

Mystifo 02-08-2013 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 (Post 59316995)
That's pretty bad for the Leafs.

It is a odd day when that is said on HFBoards.

Avec Fromage* 02-08-2013 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 (Post 59316995)
That's pretty bad for the Leafs.

Pretty bad? Try abysmal. This thread should be locked.

Kessel >>> Couturier, Read, 2nd
Rielly > Couturier
Gardiner = Couturier

And yes, I know that I'll get flamed by Flyers fans who think that Couturier is the best defensive player to ever play the game of hockey, in history. EVER.

sparxx87 02-08-2013 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mellor683 (Post 59316869)
Replace read with Voracek?

Read with Simmonds and the 2nd to a 1st and I still doubt the Leafs bite. Rielly and Gardiner are the only high potential d men in the Leafs system. The rest are 2nd - 3rd pairing guys.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avec Fromage (Post 59317269)
Pretty bad? Try abysmal. This thread should be locked.

Kessel >>> Couturier, Read, 2nd
Rielly > Couturier
Gardiner = Couturier

And yes, I know that I'll get flamed by Flyers fans who think that Couturier is the the best defensive player to ever play the game of hockey, in history. EVER.

While I agree Rielly may someday be worth more - today, he isn't. Couturier is also a recent top 10 pick who's already proven himself in the NHL.

TorstenFrings 02-08-2013 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avec Fromage (Post 59317269)
Pretty bad? Try abysmal. This thread should be locked.

Kessel >>> Couturier, Read, 2nd
Rielly > Couturier
Gardiner = Couturier

And yes, I know that I'll get flamed by Flyers fans who think that Couturier is the the best defensive player to ever play the game of hockey, in history. EVER.

Not a Flyers fan and not flaming, but even when you like me do not consider Gardiner = Couturier to be true, this proposal is not adding up in any way unless it assumes Couturier > Kessel, which definitely is not true. Kessel should get Couturier+ so where does the random Rielly/Gardiner throw in come from?

orange is better 02-08-2013 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avec Fromage (Post 59317269)
Pretty bad? Try abysmal. This thread should be locked.

Kessel >>> Couturier, Read, 2nd
Rielly > Couturier
Gardiner = Couturier

And yes, I know that I'll get flamed by Flyers fans who think that Couturier is the the best defensive player to ever play the game of hockey, in history. EVER.

no one thinks couturier is the best defensive prospect to play the game. i don't even think he's even the best defensive prospect in the league.... but to say that Rielly > Couturier is absolutely ridiculous. you have no base for that claim. Rielly hasn't even played a game in the pros. Couturier had the best PPG% in his draft class and is already making an impact in the NHL as a 20 year old in his 2nd nhl season, and they were drafted the same year. Im not saying that Rielly isn't a great prospect, or even that he won't be a more valuable player down the line, but I'm so sick of this idea that a player with potential is more valuable than another player with potential that's already in the NHL. this bashing of couturier is ridiculous. maybe some flyers fans over rate him, but people on this board always revert to assuming a player is bad because of a, the role they currently play on a team isn't impressive to you or b, one person claims the're over rated so that becomes the general consensus, thus inexplicably lowering their value.

believe it or not, 20 year olds do get better on other teams, not just yours.

7even 02-08-2013 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sparxx87 (Post 59317571)
Read with Simmonds and the 2nd to a 1st and I still doubt the Leafs bite. Rielly and Gardiner are the only high potential d men in the Leafs system. The rest are 2nd - 3rd pairing guys.



While I agree Rielly may someday be worth more - today, he isn't. Couturier is also a recent top 10 pick who's already proven himself in the NHL.

Bingo.

Defense 02-08-2013 04:26 PM

As much as I like Couturier's game, this is bad for the Leafs. Take out Rielly and Gardiner and it looks better.

will13 02-08-2013 04:27 PM

Not a chance from the leafs..

OCPenguin 02-08-2013 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kratzbuerste (Post 59316803)
One does not get to say this often, but that seems bad for the Leafs.

It depends on how much you value Kessel and if you think Courtier is the second coming of "Ron Francis" like some believe. :sarcasm:

Dark Knight 02-08-2013 04:29 PM

This is absolutely pathetic for my buds.

litflyersfan 02-08-2013 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 7even (Post 59317653)
Bingo.

So Simmonds, Couturier and 1st for Kessel. :laugh:

That's more than we got for either Richards or Carter. Keep Kessel, enjoy.

sparxx87 02-08-2013 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by litflyersfan (Post 59317809)
So Simmonds, Couturier and 1st for Kessel. :laugh:

That's more than we got for either Richards or Carter. Keep Kessel, enjoy.

It would then be Simmonds, Couturier and a 1st for Kessel MacArthur and 1 of Rielly or Gardiner.

Value is irrelevant though because the Leafs are highly unlikely to trade either 2 defenseman as they're the only top pairing potential guys in the organization.

Jaromir Jagrbombs 02-08-2013 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kratzbuerste (Post 59316803)
One does not get to say this often, but that seems bad for the Leafs.

Took the words right out of my mouth :laugh:

domaug* 02-08-2013 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mellor683 (Post 59316717)
Kessel, M. Rielly or Gardiner, Macarthur --> Couturier, Read, 2nd

this is probably the first proposal on HFBoards in a while where the Leafs get absolutely destroyed

Avec Fromage* 02-08-2013 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orange is better (Post 59317637)
no one thinks couturier is the best defensive prospect to play the game. i don't even think he's even the best defensive prospect in the league.... but to say that Rielly > Couturier is absolutely ridiculous. you have no base for that claim. Rielly hasn't even played a game in the pros. Couturier had the best PPG% in his draft class and is already making an impact in the NHL as a 20 year old in his 2nd nhl season, and they were drafted the same year. Im not saying that Rielly isn't a great prospect, or even that he won't be a more valuable player down the line, but I'm so sick of this idea that a player with potential is more valuable than another player with potential that's already in the NHL. this bashing of couturier is ridiculous. maybe some flyers fans over rate him, but people on this board always revert to assuming a player is bad because of a, the role they currently play on a team isn't impressive to you or b, one person claims the're over rated so that becomes the general consensus, thus inexplicably lowering their value.

Maybe some Flyers' fans overrate him? I've seen plenty who claimed he's worth more than Kessel and are already calling him an elite shutdown centre. THAT'S ridiculous.

In any case, I take the defenceman with potential to be a dynamic #1 D over the centre with potential to be an elite third line C.

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article...hl-defensemen/
http://www.tsn.ca/draftcentre/feature/?id=9601

Garbage Goal 02-08-2013 04:35 PM

Leafs fans need to temper their expectations for a Kessel return. He's unlikely to get more then Richards or Carter get if at all.

With that said bad proposal for the Leafs. Take out Rielly/Gardiner and its closer but still a bit off. Most the Flyers can afford to give for Kessel is something like Laughton+High 1st or Laughton+low 1st+2nd. Maybe substitute Voracek in somewhere.

orange is better 02-08-2013 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avec Fromage (Post 59318035)
Maybe some Flyers' fans overrate him? I've seen plenty who claimed he's worth more than Kessel and are already calling him an elite shutdown centre. THAT'S ridiculous.

In any case, I take the defenceman with potential to be a dynamic #1 D over the centre with potential to be an elite third line C.

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article...hl-defensemen/
http://www.tsn.ca/draftcentre/feature/?id=9601

if you see Couturiers potential as a 3rd line C then you've already compromised your opinion.

no logically thinking flyers fan think's couturier is already an elite shutdown C. could he be? of course, he has that potential, and denying that because HF has deemed him to be 'overrated' is short sighted. I wouldn't trade Couturier for Kessel. Does that i mean i think he has more value than Kessel? No. It means i don't like Kessels game.

Garbage Goal 02-08-2013 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avec Fromage (Post 59318035)
Maybe some Flyers' fans overrate him? I've seen plenty who claimed he's worth more than Kessel and are already calling him an elite shutdown centre. THAT'S ridiculous.

In any case, I take the defenceman with potential to be a dynamic #1 D over the centre with potential to be an elite third line C.

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article...hl-defensemen/
http://www.tsn.ca/draftcentre/feature/?id=9601

Saying Couturiers potential is a 3rd liner is as bad or even worse then saying he's worth more then Kessel.

Didn't think 3rd liners went top 10. In terms of potential.

Phion Keneuf 02-08-2013 04:59 PM

Lmao that is ****ing brutal. Lock this up.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:21 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.