HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Penguins (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Pens TV Ratings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1345093)

Azkals 02-08-2013 04:31 PM

Pens TV Ratings

Quote:

The Penguins-Capitals game registered a 12.0 Nielsen rating for Root Sports. Whether on NBC Sports or Root Sports, each of the Penguins' 11 regular-season games has registered a double-digit rating. A rating point is equal to around 12,000 households. Penguins games are being watched by an average of around 357,600 people this season, based on Nielsen research.
http://triblive.com/sports/penguins/...#ixzz2KLjKwO2M

Zatch88 02-08-2013 05:25 PM

makes me think back to during the lockout when internet tough guys were like "I'm never watching the NHL again, im not giving them any money. Look how important I am, Im making a statement."

Just as I predicted, no one cares, everyone who likes hockey still watches the NHL anyway.

Lomez 02-08-2013 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zatch88 (Post 59320229)
makes me think back to during the lockout when internet tough guys were like "I'm never watching the NHL again, im not giving them any money. Look how important I am, Im making a statement."

Just as I predicted, no one cares, everyone who likes hockey still watches the NHL anyway.

Here's a scoop: TV is free.

eXile59 02-08-2013 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mondello (Post 59321313)

Where do you get your cable? I pay 150 a month for Comcast.

Lomez 02-08-2013 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eXile59 (Post 59322325)

Internet tough guys are never to be taken literally.

SirBrad 02-08-2013 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eXile59 (Post 59322325)

lol that was my first reaction too. I'd have to say TV is the most overpriced thing I throw money away on a month.

JTG 02-08-2013 06:39 PM

My cable bill every month makes me cringe.

Cell phone is a close 2nd.

Darth Vitale 02-08-2013 07:06 PM

Just think, there were probably half a million watching until Steigy and Errey drove the others up a wall and forced them to change the channel. ;)

Ogrezilla 02-08-2013 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chancellor Vitale (Post 59323503)
Just think, there were probably half a million watching until Steigy and Errey drove the others up a wall and forced them to change the channel. ;)

best thing of the last few games, center ice and NHL network have been the Pittsburgh feed every game since the Rangers game. Its like heaven.

No Chance of Fluerys 02-12-2013 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chancellor Vitale (Post 59323503)

As much as his weird jokes are kind of annoying at times, Errey is much lesser of the two evils. I can't stand Steigy..

Bring back Lange.

Big McLargehuge 02-12-2013 02:11 PM

More people watch Penguins games in the Pittsburgh area than actually live in Pittsburgh :biglaugh:

Le Magnifique 66 02-12-2013 02:13 PM

These fans are before or after Crosby Era? :sarcasm:

No Chance of Fluerys 02-12-2013 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Le Magnifique 66 (Post 59564919)
These fans are before or after Crosby Era? :sarcasm:

Its definitely a mix, but I'm getting sick of the arena fanbase being a bunch of mid level/executive business people who don't know anything about hockey. You watch teams like winnipeg, and I hate to say it philly ...ugh.. but they honestly get behind their team and are still a factor in games. (With the exception of philly being dirtbag fans and booing a goalie if he lets in one goal) I feel like even a couple years ago our fanbase was a lot better going to games.

I guess I can't complain, we couldn't give tickets away in 04.

Le Magnifique 66 02-12-2013 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zen87 (Post 59565103)
Its definitely a mix, but I'm getting sick of the arena fanbase being a bunch of mid level/executive business people who don't know anything about hockey. You watch teams like winnipeg, and I hate to say it philly ...ugh.. but they honestly get behind their team and are still a factor in games. (With the exception of philly being dirtbag fans and booing a goalie if he lets in one goal) I feel like even a couple years ago our fanbase was a lot better going to games.

Fans like that are in every city, in Montreal everyone thinks they're great fans (some are) but the ones that go to the Bell Centre in the lower seats and wear suits are all **** heads that don't know anything about hockey and take advantage of free tickets

And the Hab fans will boo anyone, they don't care. Some even booed Gainey during his jersey retirement ceremony

No Chance of Fluerys 02-12-2013 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Le Magnifique 66 (Post 59566189)
Fans like that are in every city, in Montreal everyone thinks they're great fans (some are) but the ones that go to the Bell Centre in the lower seats and wear suits are all **** heads that don't know anything about hockey and take advantage of free tickets

And the Hab fans will boo anyone, they don't care. Some even booed Gainey during his jersey retirement ceremony

Yeah I've heard a lot about habs fans being bums, I'm just disappointed in seeing how our fans have become apethetic and only cheer when the scoreboard tells them too.

Big McLargehuge 02-12-2013 02:55 PM

Apathetic rich fans let us spend to the cap...so...whatever.

The crowd at the Igloo in 2005-06 was a million times better than it is today, but the team is making quadruple the gate receipts.

No Chance of Fluerys 02-12-2013 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big McLargehuge (Post 59567367)

The crowd at the Igloo in 2005-06 was a million times better than it is today, but the team is making quadruple the gate receipts.

Yeah I suppose you're right. Maybe one day we can fill the arena with hardcore yinzer fans that make winnipeg sound like a library. But I doubt it

Le Magnifique 66 02-12-2013 03:14 PM

Quote:

exactly at the end of the day those are the people paying so there isn't much you can do

King of the Fall 02-12-2013 04:24 PM

In general, I feel the CEC is way quieter than the Igloo, I assume it's because of the reasons stated above, suits, but, I remember how the igloo would literally shake during the playoffs. Miss that

Jaded-Fan 02-12-2013 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mondello (Post 59321313)

It is free in LA, NY, Chicago and Philly as well where ratings suck, both in actual numbers and especially relative to their overall population in the greater metropolis areas compared to ours.

Jaded-Fan 02-12-2013 04:33 PM

Quote:

$20 tickets would bring out a rowdy crowd, and also allow the Pens to field a Pittsburgh Pirates quality hockey team. If you want to go through several decades of getting sand kicked in our faces then get rid of the suits who pay for the Malkins, Crosbys and Letangs.

Candyman 02-12-2013 04:52 PM

I'm sure that doesn't include the internet audience too, which I'm sure adds at least a thousand.... It's the only way i can catch any games here unless it's a weekend game on NBC

Shady Machine 02-12-2013 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ogrezilla (Post 59324241)
best thing of the last few games, center ice and NHL network have been the Pittsburgh feed every game since the Rangers game. Its like heaven.

So you bit the bullet and purchased the NHL Network?

Lomez 02-12-2013 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zen87 (Post 59565103)

It's not possible to be an executive business person and know anything about hockey? interesting.

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeTANGled58 (Post 59572013)
In general, I feel the CEC is way quieter than the Igloo, I assume it's because of the reasons stated above, suits, but, I remember how the igloo would literally shake during the playoffs. Miss that

Have we had a reason to shake the building during the playoffs since the CEC opened? No.

Ogrezilla 02-12-2013 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shady Machine (Post 59573845)
So you bit the bullet and purchased the NHL Network?

ya, its actually in a package here that costs the same as the package I had in Pittsburgh.