HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Edmonton Oilers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Friends who are flames fans (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1345095)

kes81sel 02-08-2013 04:34 PM

Friends who are flames fans

Anyone have any? and if so how do you deal with them?

senorchang 02-08-2013 04:42 PM

its a game?

KenLinsemanFanClub 02-08-2013 04:44 PM

I talk to them very, very slowly and use small words only.

nexttothemoon 02-08-2013 04:44 PM

Throw oil on them and set them on fire. It's a fitting end.

I Hate Chris Butler 02-08-2013 04:45 PM

I'm the Flames fan in a group of Oiler and Canuck fans. You treat 'em like you do other friends. :dunno:

kes81sel 02-08-2013 04:45 PM

XD that's awesome

GreatKeith 02-08-2013 04:46 PM

I usually go back and forth with them...

Honestly most Flames fans I've dealt with (outside of a certain website) are pretty reasonable and agree that it's time to rebuild.

Asher 02-08-2013 04:48 PM

No Flame fans atm but a couple of Nuck fans. It ain't easy dealing with them sometimes but then April comes and all is well again. ;)

TheFadedLine 02-08-2013 04:50 PM

Make bets..

This year if the Oilers finish higher than the Flames He has to buy me a BBQ and 10 times over the summer he has to buy steaks etc and other meats and food and make me and my gf supper. He also must take a picture in an Oilers jersey giving the number 1 finger while smiling and keep it as his facebook profile picture for the offseason.

If... the Flames finish higher. I have to participate and pay for 10 activities over the summer of his choosing while wearing and buying anything he picks out at the thrift store for said activity.

OilDrop37 02-08-2013 04:55 PM

I tend to supply them with splints for their ankles as many times as they jump on and off the bandwagon.

IButtersI 02-08-2013 04:59 PM

I live in Calgary and have many friends who are Flamers Fans. Including my wife, most of my family, and all of her family.

With my friends, Its mostly just good natured ribbing. There are a few of them that get drunk and ignorant from time to time but Its important to remember that its a game, and just talk about something else. I have never been in a fight living here because of who I cheer for and I rock my Oilers gear all year long and have done so for almost 20 years.

Although sometimes the Dome can be pretty hostile when I wear my Oilers Jersey to a game in which the Oil aren't even playing :handclap:

HugginThePost 02-08-2013 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by senorchang (Post 59318377)
its a game?

This....

If you can't hang with a person because they are a Flame's fan, I would question the friendship not the fact that they are fans of a hockey team.

My life long friend is an Oiler fan....sure we argue but what's wrong with that? All in good fun.

Of course we are in our 40's......we tend to look at life a little different.

Enjoy the differences in life.....it's what makes it interesting.

HugginThePost 02-08-2013 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheFadedLine (Post 59318793)
Make bets..

This year if the Oilers finish higher than the Flames He has to buy me a BBQ and 10 times over the summer he has to buy steaks etc and other meats and food and make me and my gf supper. He also must take a picture in an Oilers jersey giving the number 1 finger while smiling and keep it as his facebook profile picture for the offseason.

If... the Flames finish higher. I have to participate and pay for 10 activities over the summer of his choosing while wearing and buying anything he picks out at the thrift store for said activity.

Damn......both of you got balls.

The Nuge 02-08-2013 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreatKeith (Post 59318555)
I usually go back and forth with them...

Honestly most Flames fans I've dealt with (outside of a certain website) are pretty reasonable and agree that it's time to rebuild.

This. Despite a lot of posters on here and CP being MASSIVE homers, the flames fans I know are pretty easy going

Turrican* 02-08-2013 05:08 PM

I have only one Flame friend.
And we are completely and abnormally civil with each other.

My other Oiler friends and him.. Completely different.

He invited me and our other 2 friends (Oiler fans) to a flames game last year in December (we lost 3-0 I think, I had food poisoning, puked all over Calgary, Kostopolous scored, terrible night) and my other 2 friends were chirping him good on the way to the game, but afterwards, he was ripping into them hard, but nothing to me.

I dunno, I think we just have a respectful sports friendship, its weird haha

Pucklington 02-08-2013 05:17 PM

Yes a few. My old research group at the UofA had a few. Poor guys are so depressed right now.

Best friend is a Canucks fan. Actually makes the friendship better. Best guy to go to a game with.

s7ark 02-08-2013 05:19 PM

Threads attacking fan bases aren't allowed and this will turn into one of those.