HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Free Agent Frenzy (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: Contingent On PHI Buying Out Bryzgalov NYI-PHI (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1345107)

Sens Mile 02-08-2013 04:53 PM

Contingent On PHI Buying Out Bryzgalov NYI-PHI

To Philidelphia Flyers: Rick Dipietro
To New York Islanders: Ilya Bryzgalov

Now admittedly I have not seen too many Philly games this year but there was some minor chatter on Bryzgalov possibly being bought out with an amnesty buyout after the CBA was decided.

The Islanders and Flyers both have issues with goaltenders with long term contracts. Dipietro has a ridiculous contract which will not conclude for another eight years and remains a difficulty for the Islanders goaltending situation. Now they cannot afford to buy him out, even with the amnesty buy out, with the amnesty buyouts only lasting for another two years.

Now lets say Philly decides to buy out Bryzgalov in order to get under the salary cap for next year. If they were to acquire Dipietro a buy out would cost the Flyers twenty four million dollars. In comparison a Ilya Bryzgalov buy out would cost twenty three million dollars. As both are amnesty buy outs neither has long term cap hits regardless.

Now with the Islanders, currently Dipietro has a contract until 2021 with only a little less money owed in comparison to Brygalov. Now every bit of cash is valuable to the Islanders, the Brygalov contract could help them reach the cap without having to pay him the full amount. To start off, Dipietro's contract is the same cash and cap hit every year. The Bryzgalov contract is 8M,6M,6M,5.5M,5.5M,2.25M, and 1.25M. The last years on the cap still have the 5.6 million dollar cap hit for the rest of those years.

And at least with Bryz they have a legitimate number one.

Voice your opinions

King Forsberg 02-08-2013 04:53 PM

No not even close

I Hate Chris Butler 02-08-2013 04:54 PM

Philly fans have loved Bryz this season.

I want to know why Philly would do the Isles a favour like that.

FireEverybody* 02-08-2013 04:55 PM

Bryzgalov has been good supporting a .923 S% and 2.20 gga....

WTF son... wtf?

orange is better 02-08-2013 04:56 PM

is this serious? Bryzgalov has been the best player on our team. by FAR. he's not being bought out.

Sens Mile 02-08-2013 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I Hate Chris Butler (Post 59318979)
Philly fans have loved Bryz this season.

I want to know why Philly would do the Isles a favour like that.

If it is a buy out situation, a one million dollar savings difference in comparison buy outs.

Sens Mile 02-08-2013 04:57 PM

If everyone believes that Bryz has no chance to be bought out, lets shut this down

Snotbubbles 02-08-2013 05:00 PM

I understand the reasoning and going by your assumptions, the Islanders would have to send a pick back to Philly for them to do this with them. And the pick would have to be a good one.

Sens Mile 02-08-2013 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snotbubbles (Post 59319221)
I understand the reasoning and going by your assumptions, the Islanders would have to send a pick back to Philly for them to do this with them. And the pick would have to be a good one.

Not really, Philly saves cash

Snotbubbles 02-08-2013 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sens Mile (Post 59319373)

Which is the one thing they don't care about. If it was 10M maybe. 1M? Not a chance.

CREW99AW 02-08-2013 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sens Mile (Post 59318909)
To Philidelphia Flyers: Rick Dipietro
To New York Islanders: Ilya Bryzgalov

Now admittedly I have not seen too many Philly games this year but there was some minor chatter on Bryzgalov possibly being bought out with an amnesty buyout after the CBA was decided.

The Islanders and Flyers both have issues with goaltenders with long term contracts. Dipietro has a ridiculous contract which will not conclude for another eight years and remains a difficulty for the Islanders goaltending situation. Now they cannot afford to buy him out, even with the amnesty buy out, with the amnesty buyouts only lasting for another two years.
Now lets say Philly decides to buy out Bryzgalov in order to get under the salary cap for next year. If they were to acquire Dipietro a buy out would cost the Flyers twenty four million dollars. In comparison a Ilya Bryzgalov buy out would cost twenty three million dollars. As both are amnesty buy outs neither has long term cap hits regardless.

Now with the Islanders, currently Dipietro has a contract until 2021 with only a little less money owed in comparison to Brygalov. Now every bit of cash is valuable to the Islanders, the Brygalov contract could help them reach the cap without having to pay him the full amount. To start off, Dipietro's contract is the same cash and cap hit every year. The Bryzgalov contract is 8M,6M,6M,5.5M,5.5M,2.25M, and 1.25M. The last years on the cap still have the 5.6 million dollar cap hit for the rest of those years.

And at least with Bryz they have a legitimate number one.

Voice your opinions

Isles are moving by 2015 at the latest. Ratner's trying to get them out of their lease early.

I think a $1.5m DiPietro buyout is doable for the Isles.

They have bought out Yashin, Witt and Bates. Yashin was due more on his contract, then DiPietro is due. I'm not sure I agree, that the isles can't afford a $1.5m buyout.

PWJunior 02-08-2013 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CREW99AW (Post 59320055)
Isles are moving by 2015 at the latest. Ratner's trying to get them out of their lease early.

I think a $1.5m DiPietro buyout is doable for the Isles.

They have bought out Yashin, Witt and Bates. Yashin was due more on his contract, then DiPietro is due. I'm not sure I agree, that the isles can't afford a $1.5m buyout.

Add in the fact that DP is described as 'an Isle for life' as long as Wang is in the fold. He is going nowhere.

Kershaw 02-08-2013 05:28 PM

Add a significant asset (Strome, Reinhart, Neiderreiter) with DP for the Flyers to bite.

Then they'll amnesty DP and trade for Luongo.

CREW99AW 02-08-2013 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PWJunior (Post 59320303)
Add in the fact that DP is described as 'an Isle for life' as long as Wang is in the fold. He is going nowhere.

For several minutes I was very excited about the Thomas trade. I thought the isles were turning the page on DiPietro.Silly me.:p:

viper0220 02-08-2013 05:33 PM

This is a bad move for Philly, Bryz has good of late and arguably their best player. If Philly wanted to buy him out they have their two buyout things and Philly probably does not care about money(after what they did with Shea Weber they more concerned about winning a championship than money).

demonsurge 02-08-2013 05:37 PM

DP wont get bought out, each time he is on IR he is paid by insurance and not the team. He's a good guy to have when you want your cap inflated.

PWJunior 02-08-2013 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CREW99AW (Post 59320477)
For several minutes I was very excited about the Thomas trade. I thought the isles were turning the page on DiPietro.Silly me.:p:

Yeah, I would think that thought would be one of the first to pop into our heads.

Watch Thomas tell Snow that he wants to return next season and so they agree to toll the contract for next season. Then the Isles do amnesty DP and he just retires. Weirder stuff has happened on LI. :naughty:

TheHudlinator 02-08-2013 05:40 PM

Outside of his first 2 months in Philly Bryz has been everything Philly wanted in a goalie they aren't going to buy him out.

Tripod 02-08-2013 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by demonsurge (Post 59320723)
DP wont get bought out, each time he is on IR he is paid by insurance and not the team. He's a good guy to have when you want your cap inflated.

this^^^^

People forget that when he is hurt, the team isn't paying him.

Jray42 02-08-2013 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sens Mile (Post 59319373)

Ed Snider wipes his ass with 1 mil.