HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Islanders (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   GDT: #11 |Buffalo Sabres vs. New York Islanders | Feb 9 | 7 PM | L 3-2 (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1345237)

Trumanperro 02-08-2013 08:39 PM

#11 |Buffalo Sabres vs. New York Islanders | Feb 9 | 7 PM | L 3-2
 


http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a2...ps89e6f589.jpghttp://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a2...psc924feb2.jpg
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a2...ps486cee70.jpghttp://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a2...psa3cc7f4a.jpg
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a2...ps3d4b8608.jpghttp://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a2...ps24dad0fd.jpg

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a2...ps17a18f24.jpghttp://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a2...ps0d21b0d9.jpg
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a2...ps6e48eabb.jpghttp://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a2...psc5b95764.jpg
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a2...ps2970db3f.jpghttp://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a2...psce3a3210.jpg
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a2...ps16f508b3.jpghttp://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a2...ps0dae4274.jpg

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a2...ps3c9449bd.jpghttp://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a2...psb232e03d.jpg
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a2...psc854868e.jpghttp://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a2...psb67e66f2.jpg
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a2...ps331e2036.jpghttp://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a2...psdc6eb3bc.jpg
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a2...ps4cdcdb1e.jpghttp://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a2...ps20e3b09d.jpg

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a2...ps1368ba43.jpghttp://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a2...psd2832035.jpg


Trumanperro 02-08-2013 08:41 PM

The lines will change with Bailey and Visnovsky probably jumping into the lineup. Last I heard from lighthouse hockey is Carkner on IR and Boulton scratched. We tend to do pretty well against these guys. Let's go Islanders!

http://www.lighthousehockey.com/2013...iley-activated

Tavaresfan91 02-08-2013 08:57 PM

Really cannot fall two games under 500 lets do this boys big win

Mr Wentworth 02-08-2013 09:05 PM

Dear Truman (and Law),

You guys don't have to kill yourselves with these GDTs. Look at the on ice product. Look at the trading for a contract just to be cap compliant. Look at the farce that is our coach. The Isles don't deserve such stellar GDTs.

I know I won't hold it against you guys if you just "mail it in" on the a few GDTs.

Backhand of Justice 02-08-2013 09:08 PM

:laugh: I love this GDT.

Just pisses me off that we'll most likely put in Reasoner rather than seeing an exciting Bailey-Cizikas-Ullstrom line.

NYI JT91 02-08-2013 09:09 PM

Good job on the GDT. Changes have been made...time to change the results. We need a win this can not continue... One more loss and I see Nino or Nelson getting a call up.

NYI JT91 02-08-2013 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingLio21093 (Post 59328997)
:laugh: I love this GDT.

Just pisses me off that we'll most likely put in Reasoner rather than seeing an exciting Bailey-Cizikas-Ullstrom line.

This. It would make sense to do that...so of course it wont happen. Idk about you guys/gals but I love watching reasoner send a slap directly straight on in to the boards from 3 feet away and it doesnt clear the zone..when the puck was only 5 feet in our own zone before he did that.

KrisBeKreame 02-08-2013 09:19 PM

Going to the game. My wife is taking me for an early Valentines Day gift. I couldn't get over the amount of unsold tickets for the game. Sitting in 211 Row A.

A Pointed Stick 02-08-2013 09:50 PM

I worry a bit about the Hickey/Vis pair.

I hope they break the slump this game.

Trumanperro 02-08-2013 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A Pointed Stick (Post 59330875)
I worry a bit about the Hickey/Vis pair.

I hope they break the slump this game.

No one knows who exactly will be paired with who tomorrow. I just hope they don't break up McDonald and Hamonic. I think they will probably put Viz and Captain Streit together. Just a guess. Can't wait to see our power play though.

IslesRock4 02-08-2013 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trumanperro (Post 59332175)
No one knows who exactly will be paired with who tomorrow. I just hope they don't break up McDonald and Hamonic. I think they will probably put Viz and Captain Streit together. Just a guess. Can't wait to see our power play though.

LOL, does Cappy want to lose? I wouldn't put it past him, though.

MattMartin 02-08-2013 10:37 PM

I have said the Islanders will lose in each of the last 3 GDT's (great job Trump) however for you sports bettors out there mark it in the books..Isles 5 Sabres 3.

Some crazy ideas for lines:

Martin JT Boyes-Martin brings toughness and can battle for loose pucks and hang in front of the net.
Moulson Aucoin Ullstrom- Aucoin and Ullstrom can create oppurtunities for Moulson in front
Bailey Nielsen Grabner- All three can play both O and D
Okposo Cizikas McDonald - best 3 left lol

Vis Strait
MaCDonald Hamonic
Streit Hickey

PP1 Moulson JT Boyes Vis and Streit
PP2 Bailey Aucoin Grabner MaCDonald and Hamonic

Scratches- Reasoner/Boulton

Why not?

Homeland Security 02-08-2013 10:42 PM

Great job Truman!!!

Going to be an empty building with the snow.

Knish Of The Crease 02-08-2013 10:56 PM

Great GDT! Lay the wood to those Bison or Bulls or Bills.

Islanders - 9
Extra lean Beef - 1

RMimagery 02-08-2013 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingLio21093 (Post 59328997)
:laugh: I love this GDT.

Just pisses me off that we'll most likely put in Reasoner rather than seeing an exciting Bailey-Cizikas-Ullstrom line.

That would be a dynamic 3rd line. With a 4th line of McDonald - Aucoin - Martin being a pesky checking line that'll chip in a few.

That actually looks like a possible playoff team with our D a lot more solid with Lubo in.

Reasoner must go, sigh.

StrongIslanders90 02-08-2013 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KrisBeKreame (Post 59329447)
Going to the game. My wife is taking me for an early Valentines Day gift. I couldn't get over the amount of unsold tickets for the game. Sitting in 211 Row A.

To an Isles game? she must not really love you..;)

just kidding, my wife actually wanted to take me to a game as well...

InformTheMasses 02-08-2013 11:11 PM

Snowstorm... Islanders-Sabres? Where have I seen this before?

http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreport...1/GS020556.HTM

Notice the attendance 1,650 people. I was at that game, I don't think there were 500 people there, including photographers and ushers.

I drove over 100 miles from upstate NY to see that game. I remember Beezer standing on his head. Looks like he only made 24 saves, but I remember a few were highlight material.

Islanders got off a whopping 15 shots that night. So glad I drove 5 hours or so in a blizzard to see it. Those were the Ray Schultz, Evgeny Korloev, and Mark Lawrence days, Can't believe I'm still an Islander fan after that day.

Anybody feel like complaining now?

EDIT: About the weather that day....

December 30, 2000 - A foot of snow fell as the year was winding down. It was a record for the date, the most snow since the blizzard of January '96 and the biggest December snowstorm since 1960. This Saturday (ALSO A SATURDAY?!) snowstorm was a fast mover, lasting just eight hours (5AM-1PM).

StrongIslanders90 02-08-2013 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InformTheMasses (Post 59333663)
Snowstorm... Islanders-Sabres? Where have I seen this before?

http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreport...1/GS020556.HTM

Notice the attendance 1,650 people. I was at that game, I don't think there were 500 people there, including photographers and ushers.

I drove over 100 miles from upstate NY to see that game. I remember Beezer standing on his head. Looks like he only made 24 saves, but I remember a few were highlight material.

Islanders got off a whopping 15 shots that night. So glad I drove 5 hours or so in a blizzard to see it. Those were the Ray Schultz, Evgeny Korloev, and Mark Lawrence days, Can't believe I'm still an Islander fan after that day.

Anybody feel like complaining now?

I was at that game, I eemember thinking theIsles were awsome for letting everyone move up to better seats(Iwas still in elmentry school)I was with my mom and brother.....I dont remember anything about the game but I do remember driving to and from the game in the snow....mom was freaking....IIRC didnt the Isles also give away free tickets to anyone who showed up?

InformTheMasses 02-08-2013 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StrongIslanders90 (Post 59333781)
I was at that game, I eemember thinking theIsles were awsome for letting everyone move up to better seats(Iwas still in elmentry school)I was with my mom and brother.....I dont remember anything about the game but I do remember driving to and from the game in the snow....mom was freaking....IIRC didnt the Isles also give away free tickets to anyone who showed up?

Yup, Free tickets to a future game. Hopefully nobody went to the next game Jan 2 against the Candiens (also a shutout). The good ol days.

StrongIslanders90 02-08-2013 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InformTheMasses (Post 59333855)
Yup, Free tickets to a future game. Hopefully nobody went to the next game Jan 2 against the Candiens (also a shutout). The good ol days.

:laugh:


thats crazy... I hope VIZ realizes the snow(not Garth) will impact attendnce....

A Pointed Stick 02-08-2013 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trumanperro (Post 59332175)
No one knows who exactly will be paired with who tomorrow. I just hope they don't break up McDonald and Hamonic. I think they will probably put Viz and Captain Streit together. Just a guess. Can't wait to see our power play though.

I hope that is simply the PP. 5 on 5, that would be scary in a bad way.

JTforPres2012 02-08-2013 11:34 PM

Great GDTb:handclap:

Hyphistos 02-09-2013 03:00 AM

Great GDT. It's especially nice to see two Austrians on the cover. Grabner did pretty well against the Sabres in the past, so I'm looking forward to this :yo:

Bunk Moreland 02-09-2013 04:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hyphistos (Post 59337333)
Great GDT. It's especially nice to see two Austrians on the cover. Grabner did pretty well against the Sabres in the past, so I'm looking forward to this :yo:

Vanek has been unbelievable so far isles going to need to shut him down.. Great GDT Truman! Hope you guys aren't completely buried up there!

CREW99AW 02-09-2013 05:35 AM

I'm looking forward to seeing what Vis brings to the pp.

Let's go Islanders.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:06 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.