HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Kings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Pushkarev is leading the Hitmen in scoring (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=134528)

Old Hickory 03-15-2005 04:15 PM

Pushkarev is leading the Hitmen in scoring

Yep!

http://www.whl.ca/stats/statdisplay....&singleSeason=

Legionnaire 03-15-2005 05:24 PM

This is the year of the Kings prospect. Almost all of our draftees have made great strides this year.

Push-Leads a WHL playoff team in scoring(we won't look at the fact he's played fewer games.) Has gained his coaches confidence and has adapted nicely to the NA game.

Boyle-Tripled his production
Brown-Point a game clip in the A
Cam-Top scorer MVP canidate in the A
Lehoux-Busting out
Tambs-Back of to a point per, while improving his defensive game a ton

Old Hickory 03-15-2005 05:26 PM

Parse- having a hell of a year
Guerin- was having an insane year before getting hurt
Legionnaire- Hung with jfont and Darth

Face Wash 03-15-2005 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingsjohn
Parse- having a hell of a year
Guerin- was having an insane year before getting hurt
Legionnaire- Hung with jfont and Darth

I've had a pretty good year... I got engaged...to a huge KINGS FAN!

:D

Old Hickory 03-15-2005 05:56 PM

Face Wash-got engaged to a huge Kings fan
Fukufuji- is having an excellent rookie ECHL campaign
Lehoux-was a monster before getting cheapshotted

Albi 03-15-2005 06:29 PM

I've found this article about the Hitmen last game.
Kisio (the head coach) doesn't look exactly in a great mood...
It doesn't speak a lot about Konstantin, but it's worth a look.

link - slam.ca

King Blazer 03-15-2005 06:59 PM

From the article:

"At this point in the season, there are some guys on the team who have got to figure out if they want to be here or not. If they don't, then we don't need them. Everyone's got to look at themselves," said Ladd.

OK then, Konstantin Pushkarev to Manchester please... :D

Albi 03-15-2005 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King Blazer

I think that bringing Konstantin to Manchester would be a good idea only if our coaching stuff believes he can play on one of the 2 scoring lines. Putting him on the 3rd or the 4th line makes no sense.

This said, I'm wondering if he's too early for him to play in the AHL. The Monarchs will have to handle some pressure in the playoff and it wouldn't be easy for a kid making his debut in such a clutch moment. Last season Kanko did well, but he was already used to the NA style and he's useful also on an energy line. On the other hand Konstantin, according to HF posters in Calgary, still has to learn a lot...

David A. Rainer 03-15-2005 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King Blazer
From the article:

"At this point in the season, there are some guys on the team who have got to figure out if they want to be here or not. If they don't, then we don't need them. Everyone's got to look at themselves," said Ladd.

To paraphrase an ESPN movie... sounds like we've got a rag-weed that thinks he's a rose.

Kings had the same problem with Volkov who never really wanted to work for anything. I hope its not Pushkarev he's talking about or I hope its not the case. Fortunately, there is nothing in the article to suggest it is though.

King Blazer 03-15-2005 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Albi
I think that bringing Konstantin to Manchester would be a good idea only if our coaching stuff believes he can play on one of the 2 scoring lines. Putting him on the 3rd or the 4th line makes no sense.

This said, I'm wondering if he's too early for him to play in the AHL. The Monarchs will have to handle some pressure in the playoff and it wouldn't be easy for a kid making his debut in such a clutch moment. Last season Kanko did well, but he was already used to the NA style and he's useful also on an energy line. On the other hand Konstantin, according to HF posters in Calgary, still has to learn a lot...

I wouldn't be surprised to see Pushkarev come to Manchester when the Calgary season is over. He'll get a chance to at least practice with the team during the playoffs and maybe get into a regular season game or two if Calgary is eliminated early. Lehoux was brought in a few years ago and played in one playoff game, Kanko played 6 regular season games and in the playoffs, Hogeboom played in 3 regular season games but not in the playoffs...I think they'll at least want to get him around the team during the playoffs...

jfont 03-15-2005 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Face Wash

you go boy!

and by 'huge', i hope you meant as a fan and not her weight... :joker:

Venom_17 03-15-2005 09:12 PM

I like that Pushkarev has 50 PIMs (he was scrapping more at the start) and 12 PPG. From what I've seen from watching him this year, he is pretty rough around the edges but has good skill. A good coach would do wonders for the kid.

King'sPawn 03-15-2005 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeathFromAbove
To paraphrase an ESPN movie... sounds like we've got a rag-weed that thinks he's a rose.

Kings had the same problem with Volkov who never really wanted to work for anything. I hope its not Pushkarev he's talking about or I hope its not the case. Fortunately, there is nothing in the article to suggest it is though.

From what I've heard, his work ethic was never a problem. He was lazy defensively, and he's bad with holding onto the puck for too long. There's cause for some question, but I don't think Ladd was singling Pushkarev out. He's the most productive player on the team, while at the same time trying to learn English.

Among Kings prospects, I'd say only Boyle and Lehoux have made bigger strides this season. Sure he still has a ways to go, but I doubt he was the main target of the "we need to look in the mirror" remark.

Especially since Ladd has been demoted to the second line a few times this season ;)

Dooney 03-15-2005 10:45 PM

Quote:

Congrats. Best wishes and all that stuff. :) :handclap:

Legionnaire 03-15-2005 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King'sPawn
From what I've heard, his work ethic was never a problem. He was lazy defensively, and he's bad with holding onto the puck for too long. There's cause for some question, but I don't think Ladd was singling Pushkarev out. He's the most productive player on the team, while at the same time trying to learn English.

Among Kings prospects, I'd say only Boyle and Lehoux have made bigger strides this season. Sure he still has a ways to go, but I doubt he was the main target of the "we need to look in the mirror" remark.

Especially since Ladd has been demoted to the second line a few times this season ;)

I keep wondering of he's talking about Getzlaf. He has definitely not played up to his capabilities this year, and I think he's frustated by still being in juniors. He was fairly close to making the Ducks last season so this has to be a bit of a let down. I think he's ready to move on.

King'sPawn 03-16-2005 01:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Legionnaire
I keep wondering of he's talking about Getzlaf. He has definitely not played up to his capabilities this year, and I think he's frustated by still being in juniors. He was fairly close to making the Ducks last season so this has to be a bit of a let down. I think he's ready to move on.

It's possible, but Getzlaf was a very intense player who wants to lead. Don't forget when Pushkarev had illegal sticks two nights in a row, Getzlaf was the one who really got upset. Getzlaf has also been the best Calgary player. If he had played as many games as Pushkarev, he'd be the Hitmen leading scorer by far.

I don't know who Ladd is referring to, but I'm pretty sure it's not one person in particular.

Face Wash 03-16-2005 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jfont
you go boy!

and by 'huge', i hope you meant as a fan and not her weight... :joker:

Hey Now!!! Ya know Darth seems to think you're 6' 20" 650 lbs... If I were you, I'd be workin' on changing that perception first... :handclap:

Face Wash 03-16-2005 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dooney & Bourke
Congrats. Best wishes and all that stuff. :) :handclap:

Thanks D&B... we're very excited. :D

King'sPawn 03-16-2005 12:41 PM

Quote:

Hey Now!!! Ya know Darth seems to think you're 6' 20" 650 lbs... If I were you, I'd be workin' on changing that perception first... :handclap:

You mean jfront is Dustin Rose!?

Face Wash 03-16-2005 01:28 PM

Quote:

More like Andre the Giant.. ;)

David A. Rainer 03-16-2005 09:03 PM

Quote:

One look at jfont's slapshot and you'll know he's no Dustin Rose.

Old Hickory 03-16-2005 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeathFromAbove
One look at jfont's slapshot and you'll know he's no Dustin Rose.

jfont has a sakic-like wrist shot

Face Wash 03-17-2005 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingsjohn
jfont has a sakic-like wrist shot

jf is definitely known for his quick release.... :amazed:

Word 03-18-2005 02:04 AM

Quote:

Congrats and best wishes. :handclap:

Face Wash 03-18-2005 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Word
Congrats and best wishes. :handclap:

Word up, Word. (I always wanted to say that to you...) :yo: