HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: John Tavares New Winger is _______. (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1345513)

1 Timer 02-09-2013 11:55 AM

John Tavares New Winger is _______.

JT needs an elite winger, one who can read his creativity and bury the puck. Nash would of been a great fit but that ship has sailed. What would the Isles have to give to get the a top ten winger LW or RW. The stable is full of ponys on the island make your offers.

Mine:
Strome + 1st for Bobby Ryan

1972 02-09-2013 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1 Timer (Post 59346355)
JT needs an elite winger, one who can read his creativity and bury the puck. Nash would of been a great fit but that ship has sailed. What would the Isles have to give to get the a top ten winger LW or RW. The stable is full of ponys on the island make your offers.

Mine:

Ryan Strome? he could be that guy.

jmeehan1985 02-09-2013 11:58 AM

Nobody wants to go to the Islanders. if anything your sellers not buyers and there is no reason for the ducks to trade Ryan when there in a playoff push.

Monument 02-09-2013 12:01 PM

They need to draft one, no high profile player is going to come there on his own, especially with the move to Brooklyn coming in 2 years.

JayRosehillMVP 02-09-2013 12:02 PM

Throw in a 2nd in the OP for Kessel? He'd be the perfect fit with JT IMO.

CREW99AW 02-09-2013 12:03 PM

Quote:

Mine:

Moulson-Tavares-Strome.

Since the isles show zero interest in spending on a high priced winger and even less interest in moving significant assets for short term moves.

CREW99AW 02-09-2013 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flyers7 (Post 59346721)
Throw in a 2nd in the OP for Kessel? He'd be the perfect fit with JT IMO.

Yes. Bacause the cash strappped isles, want to pay Kessel the $7m-$8m Toronto doesn't want to give him in 2014.

1 Timer 02-09-2013 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CREW99AW (Post 59346853)
Yes. Bacause the cash strappped isles, want to pay Kessel the $7m-$8m Toronto doesn't want to give him in 2014.

They could get TO to take on some of that salary plus Yashin will be off the books next season. Nobody wants to come to the Islanders because of the arena, that has been solved. Strome will center the second line. I think the Islanders are in the playoff hunt this year.... If not that would be tragic.

Liferleafer 02-09-2013 12:13 PM

Quote:

The Leafs will have no problem paying Kessel. The only way he is dealt is if he wants to leave.

JayRosehillMVP 02-09-2013 12:14 PM

Quote:

He's worth it. Best RW in hockey. Next to Tavares? Unreal.

CREW99AW 02-09-2013 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1 Timer (Post 59347171)
They could get TO to take on some of that salary plus Yashin will be off the books next season. Nobody wants to come to the Islanders because of the arena, that has been solved. Strome will center the second line. I think the Islanders are in the playoff hunt this year.... If not that would be tragic.

Tragic? No.
Stupid? Yes.

Toronto could retain some salary for the next 1 and 1/2 seasons, until Kessel becomes a ufa.

At that point, with Kessel reportedly expected to ask for $7m-$8m per, the isles would be paying 100% of Kessel's new deal.

And I think we will see Brock Nelson, centering the 2nd line. Staples says the isles front office and scouts love him. Frans drops to the 3rd line.

CREW99AW 02-09-2013 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flyers7 (Post 59347583)

Tavares only averages $5.5m per.

I already posted in the Kessel thread, that I don't think Kessel, with is worth $6m-$8m per season.

If some fans think Kessel with his defensively weak game and lack of physical play, is worth $6m-$8m, we will have to agree to disagree.

HockeySensible 02-09-2013 12:23 PM

Quote:

Corey Perry, Patrick Kane and Marian Hossa are all better than Phil Kessel.. could make an argument for quite a few more players, I would expect.

Just draft Shinkaruk.

Gliff 02-09-2013 12:25 PM

Quote:

Not even top 3.

We cannot trade Bobby. only top 6 forward signed past this year.

JayRosehillMVP 02-09-2013 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HossTheBoss (Post 59348337)
Corey Perry, Patrick Kane and Marian Hossa are all better than Phil Kessel.. could make an argument for quite a few more players, I would expect.

Just draft Shinkaruk.

Isn't Pat Kane a center now? Perry's close, I'd say Kessel is better than Hossa though.

Trafalgar McLaw 02-09-2013 01:00 PM

I think this could work. Anaheim gets their 2nd line center, Bobby Ryan gets a change in scenery.

deytookerjaabs 02-09-2013 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flyers7 (Post 59350877)
Isn't Pat Kane a center now? Perry's close, I'd say Kessel is better than Hossa though.

Nope, was there for quite a while last year though, actually Ryan is playing C right now and looks pretty good there. He's not getting moved until Anaheim figures out what's going to happen with Perry/Getzlaf. Imagine they trade Ryan and then one or both of Getzlaf/Perry make it to UFA at the end of the season, that would be a disaster.

bluechipbonzo 02-09-2013 01:16 PM

Clue: his name starts with an N...

Snow really is genius, conjuring these Nino and Viz scenarios.

Part of good asset management is finding creative ways to stockpile your AHL team. Bringing prospects on intentionally slow allows for the perception the farmhand needs more seasoning. Being left with a veteran playing the hold-out game is another convenient way to open a roster spot and add interesting young players via the waiver wire.

We look bad because we're setting limits here organizationally that ultimately help us.

Unless you are drinking the haters' kool-aid, anyone can see with the Islanders current and prospective talent, there's something special happening again on Long Island.

It's almost time.

;)

DesertDawg 02-09-2013 01:17 PM

Strome should be the RW. The Islanders look pretty solid down the middle with Tavares, Nelson, Nielsen and Bailey. They should pick up another good player (or 2) in the draft. They do have a very good player in NINO playing in the 'A'.

That 1st rounder could be a top 5 player and may end up being the best player from the OP.

IMO, the Islander should stay the course until the 2015 season, then go all out and tweak the line up to be contenders...

CREW99AW 02-09-2013 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DesertDawg (Post 59352235)
Strome should be the RW. The Islanders look pretty solid down the middle with Tavares, Nelson, Nielsen and Bailey. They should pick up another good player (or 2) in the draft. They do have a very good player in NINO playing in the 'A'.

That 1st rounder could be a top 5 player and may end up being the best player from the OP.

IMO, the Islander should stay the course until the 2015 season, then go all out and tweak the line up to be contenders...

Some isles fans are gnashing their teeth, but from Snow's comments and actions, it looks like this is what Snow is gonna do. He wants those cheap, homegrown kids taking spots.

We are much more likely to see Strome or Nino open next season on Tavares rw, then Bobby Ryan or Kessel.

Exit Dose 02-09-2013 01:27 PM

Why would we scuttle our season for Strome and a 1st?

Mystifo 02-09-2013 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flyers7 (Post 59350877)

Kessel may have a better shot than Hossa but Hossa all around play is much better than Kessel.

ronnyweed 02-09-2013 01:53 PM

Offensively kessel has an argument as a top rw in the game, especially since he still has potential to get better

Bennett Brauer 02-09-2013 01:56 PM

They probably should have kept PA Parenteau. He was a good complimentary winger with Moulson and Tavares.

mightyquack 02-09-2013 02:03 PM

Quote:

Mine:

No thanks