HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Kings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   OT: What would happen if Staples Center was destroyed? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1345561)

KingKopitar11* 02-09-2013 02:32 PM

What would happen if Staples Center was destroyed?
 
I was talking to some friends and randomly the question came up about what the kings would do if Staples Center was completely destroyed by an asteroid or something, or the building collapses by an earthquake. what would happen to the games?

Would all home games be canceled? Would the games be played else where? Ponda center? Or what. How would it work. Is there a plan that all teams make in case their stadium just becomes wrecked?

I'm just wondering if we'd play home games at all, or it'd be scheduled else where.

damacles1156 02-09-2013 02:34 PM

Most likely the Games would be moved to the Honda Center.

KingKopitar11* 02-09-2013 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by damacles1156 (Post 59354031)
Most likely the Games would be moved to the Honda Center.

Would the games be rescheduled too in case a home game falls into the same time as theres?

Telos 02-09-2013 02:38 PM

Well, no matter what, the season wouldn't be cancelled. Just have to look at other teams, where in the event of a natural disaster, like a hurricane or something, they can't use their stadium. They would just figure something out at another venue. If worse came to worst, all they need is a regulation sized rink, and there are several in the LA area. Would take a massive hit on ticket refunds though, but teams are insured for natural disasters. Don't worry, we've got earthquake insurance :P

damacles1156 02-09-2013 02:39 PM

They would simply shift the games around. Reschedule, Honda Center is not exactly a booked Arena

Ron* 02-09-2013 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingKopitar11 (Post 59353851)
I was talking to some friends and randomly the question came up about what the kings would do if Staples Center was completely destroyed by an asteroid or something, or the building collapses by an earthquake. what would happen to the games?

Would all home games be canceled? Would the games be played else where? Ponda center? Or what. How would it work. Is there a plan that all teams make in case their stadium just becomes wrecked?

I'm just wondering if we'd play home games at all, or it'd be scheduled else where.

You wouldn't have to worry about what the Kings would do if Staples Center got hit by an asteroid "or something."

As a matter of fact, you wouldn't have to worry about sports much.

As a matter of fact, you wouldn't have to worry about anything much.

If you understand what I am writing here.

Shellz 02-09-2013 02:40 PM

You will probably be at fault :sarcasm:

Quattro 02-09-2013 02:42 PM

lol - wth?

damacles1156 02-09-2013 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ron (Post 59354781)
You wouldn't have to worry about what the Kings would do if Staples Center got hit by an asteroid "or something."

As a matter of fact, you wouldn't have to worry about sports much.

As a matter of fact, you wouldn't have to worry about anything much.

If you understand what I am writing here.

LOL yup if an asteroid hit LA, you could pretty much guarantee all of California would be rubble.

The blast from an Asteroid hitting the surface is something like 100 times the force of a Nuclear blast.

KingKopitar11* 02-09-2013 02:42 PM

Ah I see

Well I think I sort of got onto the FBI's radar with this thread. :laugh:

Vamos Rafa 02-09-2013 02:44 PM

Off-topic

Not sure how long Staples Center will last. Hard to believe it's 13 years old now.

Ron* 02-09-2013 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by damacles1156 (Post 59355083)
LOL yup if an asteroid hit LA, you could pretty much guarantee all of California would be rubble.

The blast from an Asteroid hitting the surface is something like 100 times the force of a Nuclear blast.

Well, actually, any real good-size asteroid striking the Earth would wipe out all life on the planet.

I think you are thinking of a meteor, where we would be ****ed but most of the planet can survive, even though wretched a survival it may be.

Ron* 02-09-2013 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grillinnap (Post 59355263)
Off-topic

Not sure how long Staples Center will last.

Well, the off-topic you started is actually a better discussion...as this thread begins to move in a smarter direction.

Staples is now 13 years old. It's a good question. How long will it last? Another 12 years, before we need a major remodel or new arena?

JureEe 02-09-2013 02:47 PM

i belive that Staples Center woulde be destroyed only by human power... nowadays are buildig buildt to face earthquake...

KingKopitar11* 02-09-2013 02:48 PM

I see you guys basically looked at the asteroid part lol. :laugh: i said just destroyed overall and i used asteroid as a bad example. Sheesh :p:

Ron* 02-09-2013 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingKopitar11 (Post 59355609)
I see you guys basically looked at the asteroid part lol. :laugh: i said just destroyed overall and i used asteroid as a bad example. Sheesh :p:

Yeah. Really bad example. ;)

tsanuri 02-09-2013 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JureEe (Post 59355571)
i belive that Staples Center woulde be destroyed only by human power... nowadays are buildig buildt to face earthquake...

There is no such thing as an earthquake proof building. Yes they are designed to withstand them but there are always bigger ones or ones that react in away that had not been thought about.

DaAnimal 02-09-2013 04:44 PM

The Forum says hello!:nod::nod::nod:

mbar 02-09-2013 05:59 PM

It's really small but the arena that the Ontario Reign play in is nicer then you'd think it would be. It might do in an emergency situation.

I remember when the LA Riots happened that I got to see a Clipper play off game in the Anaheim convention center. That was cool.

Just got to be creative.

Basilisk 02-09-2013 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaAnimal (Post 59367811)
The Forum says hello!:nod::nod::nod:

....I was gunna say! I miss the 'ol 16,005 .....

kingsfan28 02-09-2013 09:14 PM

If a giant asteroid/meteor hit;
Picture LA Live and Staples Center in the middle and the surrounding LA area plus 10 miles out laid wasted.

http://www.meteorman.org/Meteor_Crater.jpg

If the big one hit:
Picture LA Live and Staples Center in the middle completely destroyed
http://www.cbc.ca/gfx/images/news/ph...cp-4957474.jpg

If Godzilla came from the ocean and destroyed LA Live and Staples :
http://superherouniverse.com/art/dat...a_demolish.JPG

Should one of these happen, hockey would be the least of our worries.
That being said, probably Long Beach or Ontario arenas.

Pucknut50 02-09-2013 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ron (Post 59355287)
Well, actually, any real good-size asteroid striking the Earth would wipe out all life on the planet.

I think you are thinking of a meteor, where we would be ****ed but most of the planet can survive, even though wretched a survival it may be.

Well at least all the trade Stoll talk would stop.

SLang 02-09-2013 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ron (Post 59355363)
Well, the off-topic you started is actually a better discussion...as this thread begins to move in a smarter direction.

Staples is now 13 years old. It's a good question. How long will it last? Another 12 years, before we need a major remodel or new arena?

Staples is still considered state of the art as far as arenas go. As long as it is maintained and there is not some huge new breakthrough in arena design (sort of like they way luxury suites rendered older arenas obsolete) then Staples will be around FAR longer than 12 more years.

Sybil227 02-09-2013 09:50 PM

We would gather in Gilbert Lindsey Plaza and await further instruction...

Wildturkey12 02-09-2013 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingsfan28 (Post 59387919)

If Godzilla came from the ocean and destroyed LA Live and Staples :
http://superherouniverse.com/art/dat...a_demolish.JPG

Godzilla is the one I always worry about. There is just no stopping him.

If an asteroid was heading towards the earth, I would have NASA send up the best blue collar deep sea drilling crew up to it. Once they drilled into its core, they could detonate a nuclear bomb and save earth.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:19 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.