HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Vancouver Canucks (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Best Canucks goalies of all time: #1 (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1345739)

Canadian Gold X3 02-09-2013 04:59 PM

Best Canucks goalies of all time: #1

I've decided ask HF who the best canuck goalie is. Who is it?
Thanks to Chairman Maouth for adding a poll!

duplo 02-09-2013 05:03 PM

duh.

goalie311 02-09-2013 05:05 PM

Luongo
McLean
Brodeur
Smith
Cloutier (can 't deny some of the #'s he put up)
Hanlon

Aftet that, it 's a mish-mash of backup 's, journeymen and 1 year wonders.....

blfr 02-09-2013 05:09 PM

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-E9DpNHVp9N...arrett_j2.jpeg

Intoewsables 02-09-2013 05:14 PM

Needs more poll.

Also, Luongo.

racerjoe 02-09-2013 05:18 PM

At this point how could anyone being serious not say luongo?

VanEric 02-09-2013 05:19 PM

I have come back from the future to report that the correct answer is Kevin Weekes.

Chairman Maouth 02-09-2013 05:20 PM

Poll added.

I vote McLean. If it was the most colourful goaltender Smith would win hands down.

Barney Gumble 02-09-2013 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blfr (Post 59372723)

If Gretzky didn't decide to wake-up, Garrett might've been MVP of one all-star game many moons ago...:sarcasm:

Chairman Maouth 02-09-2013 05:27 PM

7-1 Luo over Mac. I see I'm fighting a losing battle here. My rationale? Mac got better in the playoffs. Luo kinda does the other thing.

rebel diamond 02-09-2013 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blfr (Post 59372723)

Yes.

Love 02-09-2013 05:28 PM

----------------------------------------------------------------------
-----l-------------------------------l----------------------l-----------
-----l__________________-------l__________________l------------
----------------------------------------------------------------------

y2kcanucks 02-09-2013 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chairman Maouth (Post 59373461)
7-1 Luo over Mac. I see I'm fighting a losing battle here. My rationale? Mac got better in the playoffs. Luo kinda does the other thing.

Do you also feel that Trevor Linden is better than the Sedins too?

Chairman Maouth 02-09-2013 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by y2kcanucks (Post 59373751)
Do you also feel that Trevor Linden is better than the Sedins too?

In the playoffs that's not a bad question. Let me think about that one.

VanEric 02-09-2013 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chairman Maouth (Post 59373461)

One year he did but that's really all he has.

Ogie Goldthorpe 02-09-2013 05:44 PM

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m4...jefho1_500.jpg
Gary Bromley, of course.

Ohhh, not best mask, best goalie. Luongo.

Luongo

McLean
Schneider
Smith
Brodeur
Cloutier

everyone else

Schneider's on the rise, though.

luongo321 02-09-2013 05:45 PM

Where iz da CORY SCHNEIDER OPsHIN :handclap:

WonderTwinsUnite 02-09-2013 05:45 PM

Luuuuongo

Chairman Maouth 02-09-2013 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VanEric (Post 59374289)
One year he did but that's really all he has.

All things being equal and if they were both with the team today, I'd take McLean in the playoffs. Of course Luongo's regular season numbers are outstanding and are there in black in white. They are better. However, I don't necessarily measure things that way. I want the cup and if I had to pick who I think is the better goalie to get us the cup it would be McLean.

As for Linden vs. Sedins. I would take two Lindens in 1994 beast mode over two Sedins. I know that's cheating a little (as I am with Mac) but it is what it is.

Wizeman* 02-09-2013 05:57 PM

Its Luongo / Mc Lean

Those who just pick luongo never actually saw Mc Lean play on a regular basis. From 88 to 95 he was by far the best goalie we had ever had.

Luongo is the most athletically talented but Mc Lean was technically stronger than Lui. In fact, Captain Kirk was considered one of the best positional goalies in the NHL .

Its like me trying to figure out how good Johnny Bower or Terry Sawchuk was. There is no way for me to know because I didnt watch them play. Ive seen a few videos of them and thats not enough.

Ive seen both Luongo and Mc Lean and its just a coin toss.

y2kcanucks 02-09-2013 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chairman Maouth (Post 59374797)
All things being equal and if they were both with the team today, I'd take McLean in the playoffs. Of course Luongo's regular season numbers are outstanding and are there in black in white. They are better. However, I don't necessarily measure things that way. I want the cup and if I had to pick who I think is the better goalie to get us the cup it would be McLean.

As for Linden vs. Sedins. I would take two Lindens in 1994 beast mode over two Sedins. I know that's cheating a little (as I am with Mac) but it is what it is.

Fair enough.

McLean played well in the playoffs, but he also had some not so good games. People are far to quick to jump on Luongo for a few bad games and even blame him for games where the entire team didn't even show up. If I had to pick one for a 7 game SCF series I would take Luongo hands down. I really don't think people appreciate Luongo for how good he really is. I guess that won't come until it's too late and he's been moved to another team.

Chairman Maouth 02-09-2013 06:02 PM

y2kcanucks 02-09-2013 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wizeman (Post 59374999)
Its Luongo / Mc Lean

Those who just pick luongo never actually saw Mc Lean play on a regular basis. From 88 to 95 he was by far the best goalie we had ever had.

Luongo is the most athletically talented but Mc Lean was technically stronger than Lui. In fact, Captain Kirk was considered one of the best positional goalies in the NHL .

Its like me trying to figure out how good Johnny Bower or Terry Sawchuk was. There is no way for me to know because I didnt watch them play. Ive seen a few videos of them and thats not enough.

Ive seen both Luongo and Mc Lean and its just a coin toss.

That statement is just wrong. I saw both goalies play regularly, and I prefer Luongo. Luongo is one of the best goalies in the entire NHL and has been a top 5 goalie for us for almost 7 years. McLean was good, but he was not at Luongo's level.

Dado 02-09-2013 06:04 PM

If I'm making a playoff run...

Brodeur
Maclean
Luongo

In that order.

y2kcanucks 02-09-2013 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dado (Post 59375347)
If I'm making a playoff run...

Brodeur
Maclean
Luongo

In that order.

Which of those goalies got swept in the SCF?

Which of those goalies posted 2 1-0 shutouts in the SCF?

Here's an interesting stat: Richard Brodeur had more offensive support in the first 2 games against the Islanders (that he lost both of) than Luongo had in the entire 7 game series versus the Bruins.