HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Minnesota Wild (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   The Mike Yeo Firing Thread/Squad (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1345741)

Tuomaz 02-04-2013 10:31 PM

The Mike Yeo Firing Thread/Squad
 
Enough with the dump the puck-yeo. Discuss.

countrygentleman 02-04-2013 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tuomaz (Post 59065647)
Enough with the dump the puck-yeo. Discuss.

I really dislike Yeo as much as the next, but let him finish out the season and then get rid of him. Bring in a guy who actually has experience coaching. Yeo is nothing liked we thought he'd be.

Tuomaz 02-04-2013 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by countrygentleman (Post 59066721)
I really dislike Yeo as much as the next, but let him finish out the season and then get rid of him. Bring in a guy who actually has experience coaching. Yeo is nothing liked we thought he'd be.

Didn't Yeo promised that we would play more offensively? This is no change from earlier.

countrygentleman 02-04-2013 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tuomaz (Post 59067267)
Didn't Yeo promised that we would play more offensively? This is no change from earlier.

Same old, same old. First Richards, now Yeo. As great a job as Fletcher has done stocking our cupboard with prospects, he really has swung and missed hard on a few big decisions:

-Richards
-Leddy trade
-Yeo

Discerning that he makes the same mistake twice in a row regarding the head coach of our team.

AKL 02-04-2013 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by countrygentleman (Post 59067595)
Same old, same old. First Richards, now Yeo. As great a job as Fletcher has done stocking our cupboard with prospects, he really has swung and missed hard on a few big decisions:

-Richards
-Leddy trade
-Yeo

Discerning that he makes the same mistake twice in a row regarding the head coach of our team.

RE: The Leddy Trade: AT THE TIME, Leddy's ceiling was was what Barker had already done just the season before. Hindsight is always 20/20, and Leddy is better now, but that doesn't mean Fletcher should burn at the stake for it. You'd be singing praise if it would have worked in our favor. You don't win every trade, and you don't make great trades without taking on some risk.

Billy Mays Here 02-04-2013 11:45 PM

If Yeo keeps making decisions like putting Granlund and Seto on the 4th line I'll be jumping on the fire Yeo bandwagon as well.

SphinX 02-05-2013 12:00 AM

Im not into firing Yeo at all.. But this can not continue.. Skilled team need results. Make it happen Mikey. Now!

THEALLKNOWING* 02-05-2013 10:21 AM

Should the Wild Fire Yeo?
 
Instead of worrying about the entry zone, how about showing Yeo and coaches, the exit door?

tomgilbertfan 02-05-2013 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THEALLKNOWING (Post 59085579)
Instead of worrying about the entry zone, how about showing Yeo and coaches, the exit door?

And replace them with who?

Dee Oh Cee 02-05-2013 10:41 AM

He's the all knowing so maybe he should be the one doing the coaching. Hell, why don't we make him coach GM and owner at the same time?

DeuceMN 02-05-2013 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THEALLKNOWING (Post 59085579)
Instead of worrying about the entry zone, how about showing Yeo and coaches, the exit door?

They need to stay at minimum through this year.

We cannot continue to constantly turnover coaching staff the way we have and expect positive results.

Yeo has also shown that he has potential. It has not been consistent, but our start last year, as well as the last quarter or so was pretty darned good. There have also been periods this year that have shown what we are working towards: the second period last night for example.

Let's also keep in mind that this year is very wonky, and that a lot of this team is new as of the end of last year.

I'm not saying Yeo has not made some mistakes, he has made some noticable ones. He has shown adjustments however, and promise in many areas.

THEALLKNOWING* 02-05-2013 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dee Oh Cee (Post 59086505)
He's the all knowing so maybe he should be the one doing the coaching. Hell, why don't we make him coach GM and owner at the same time?

Do you work for the Wild? I may have forgotten more about hockey than you have seen, considering my age. If you haven't had skin in the game since day 1 as a STH, you may not be able to relate to my views.

THEALLKNOWING* 02-05-2013 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeuceMN (Post 59086523)
They need to stay at minimum through this year.

We cannot continue to constantly turnover coaching staff the way we have and expect positive results.

Yeo has also shown that he has potential. It has not been consistent, but our start last year, as well as the last quarter or so was pretty darned good. There have also been periods this year that have shown what we are working towards: the second period last night for example.

Let's also keep in mind that this year is very wonky, and that a lot of this team is new as of the end of last year.

I'm not saying Yeo has not made some mistakes, he has made some noticable ones. He has shown adjustments however, and promise in many areas.

Adjustments post-game? Yes. Within a game? Not so sure about that.

tomgilbertfan 02-05-2013 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THEALLKNOWING (Post 59087271)
Do you work for the Wild? I may have forgotten more about hockey than you have seen, considering my age. If you haven't had skin in the game since day 1 as a STH, you may not be able to relate to my views.

You still haven't given any names.

Dee Oh Cee 02-05-2013 11:03 AM

Also, there is no need to reference that you're a STH in every post you make.

tomgilbertfan 02-05-2013 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dee Oh Cee (Post 59087559)
Also, there is no need to reference that you're a STH in every post you make.

You wouldn't understand, you're not a STH.

Nsjohnson 02-05-2013 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THEALLKNOWING (Post 59085579)
Instead of worrying about the entry zone, how about showing Yeo and coaches, the exit door?

You need to stop.

THEALLKNOWING* 02-05-2013 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomgilbertfan (Post 59087601)
You wouldn't understand, you're not a STH.

A fan is a fan, STH is no better or a bigger fan than a non-STH. Just a different perspective, that being how one spends their disposable income. With respect to the Wild, its entertainment dollars. Recall the days when the 18,000 seats were filled, and the warming house had like 5,000 on the wait-list. Pre-JP/RS signing, that was likely going to be 12,000-13,000 at best. The Wild got a brief respite with those signings, but continuation of the current play is not going to hold interest for long, despite the signings. Just making the playoffs doesn't cut it either, who cares, most of the teams do, a Cup contender should be the goal.

Why the Yeo change? Can't wait for the season to shake-out. Suppose they keep him, team performs poorly, he is given another year, and the same results occur. That just pushes the future out another year.

SLB fired their coach last year, and the replacement, Hitch, became coach of the year. Same players. Stick Torch in there as a temp replacement for the remainder of the year, and if it doesn't work out, there will be seasoned, experienced coaches available during the off-season. Torch implementing the same system or else no one would be brought-up, so not much of a change for current Wild players.

Rabid Husky 02-05-2013 11:57 AM

No. The chemistry needs to develop with the team and that goes for the coaches as well. Teams who keep having a revolving door of coaches, generally do not succeed.

tomgilbertfan 02-05-2013 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rabid Husky (Post 59090349)
No. The chemistry needs to develop with the team and that goes for the coaches as well. Teams who keep having a revolving door of coaches, generally do not succeed.

This.


Yeo has had 1 season of experience. Torch has never been an NHL head coach. Firing Yeo to replace him with Torch for the rest of the season makes no sense. Especially if its just to see what coaches happen to get fired this offseason in hopes of picking one of them up. It's not every year that a great coach like Hitch gets fired. People were just talking about the instability of this organization from a player standpoint yet people are fine with firing a coach after 1 season.

MuckOG 02-05-2013 12:06 PM

IMO, coaches around the NHL will be given alot of slack this season due to not having a training camp and preseason.

So, for now, my answer is "No".

tomgilbertfan 02-05-2013 12:06 PM

And what happens if the new 'experienced' doesn't do well his first year? Fire him too part way through the 2nd season?

Uberdachen 02-05-2013 12:08 PM

They should have fired him after the first game of the season for it not being a league record blowout. Then they should have double-fired him after the second game. But now, now we're nearly 1/5th of the way through the season. A fifth! What's the point? I mean, maybe 1/8th of the way in we could have salvaged something from the next year or two, but 1/5th... we're doomed through about 2020 at this point. Just pick another team, this franchise is through.

nickschultzfan 02-05-2013 12:42 PM

Damn it men, get a hold of yourselves.

God, the emotional rollercoaster on these boards are freaking ridiculous this season. Yes, we signed Parise and Suter. But that doesn't mean we are Gods when we win or we should nuke the franchise when we lose a few close game with a team that has been together for only a few weeks.

Dampland 02-05-2013 01:12 PM

Gotta give Yeo a "bye" for last year, considering the incredible injuries, and the call ups he had to deal with.

This year is a shortened/barely any training camp year. Lots of teams looking bad thus far. Its not Yeo's fault that he didn't get a full camp to realize that Suter is really not that great. SO he's coaching on the fly now, and trying to find the right combos. Plus so many fans out there thought that with Suter/Parise and Granlund, that the Cup was just going to be handed to us. We still are not the most talented team in the league. Top 15 maybe, but no more than that.

So I think you have to give him at least until after NEXT season before considering replacing him. (unless they start the 2013/2014 season 0-20 or something like that)

But we certainly could use some changes to some of our game approaches

1) The PowerPlay HAS to get better ....Yeo was frequently ripped in Pittsburgh because of his Power Play sputtering ... it has continued here - it needs to change.

2) Forechecking - the DUMP and Chase just does NOT work for the Wild. Yeo & staff have to come up with a better way to enter the zone and set up scoring chances. I'm not sure what it should be, but Dump/Chase ain't it.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:52 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.