HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Value of: Andrei Markov to the Blues (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1345809)

Chocas 02-09-2013 07:06 PM

Andrei Markov to the Blues
 
The Montreal PP general.

Whatever it'd cost, it'd make the Blues an unstoppable force.

I don't think Montreal would like losing there #1D since he's been great since his return and on-sheet, they are contending for playoffs. Still, I think this team would benefit a lot from adding another young piece to its core.

For the Blues, well, it's quite clear.

This:
Markov- Pietrangelo
Jackman- Shattenkirk
Cole/Redden- Polak

Is way more incredible than this:
Cole - Pietrangelo
Jackman - Shattenkirk
Redden - Polak

bleedblue1223 02-09-2013 07:08 PM

Don't need him.

DuckEatinShark 02-09-2013 07:29 PM

That price is going to be really high. Markov has been fantastic this year. I don't think it will be worth it for you guys.

It'll cost one of Perron or Berglund, at least.

glenbuis 02-09-2013 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DuckEatinShark (Post 59382687)
That price is going to be really high. Markov has been fantastic this year. I don't think it will be worth it for you guys.

It'll cost one of Perron or Berglund, at least.

Howabout Markov and Deaharnais for Berglund and a first.

Ewan McGregor 02-09-2013 08:03 PM

too risky

Money Baer 02-09-2013 08:04 PM

If the Blues deal for a top(ish) D, they shouldn't deal any of their core players. They are one of the deepest teams in the league, and have a legit shot at the cup. Any trade should involve picks and prospects.. (and you guys have those too...)

St. Louis has to be one of the healthiest franchies in the league.
*Health measured in Team success, Star players, Depth, Prospect pool, Coaching.

HooliganX2 02-09-2013 08:07 PM

I really wish people would ask things like this on the Blues section first. He is going to cost way more then we would be willing to pay it is not a fit. We will not trade anyone they would want. We do not need to trade younger players for older players. MTL will want a young roster player in return as they should with the way he is playing.

Analyzer 02-09-2013 08:09 PM

Montreal would require a good d coming back like Shattenkirk.

Dr Robot 02-09-2013 08:21 PM

I would think Shattenkirk has more value than Markov but that's not really the point. To get Markov the blues would need to trade a roster player as opposed to just futures which the blues would be looking to do. Theres too much risk there and not enough need to make that payment so I think this is a no go as well as the almost 6 mil he is owed next year which would be problematic.

Ewan McGregor 02-09-2013 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Analyzer (Post 59387395)
Montreal would require a good d coming back like Shattenkirk.

If Habs add...

HooliganX2 02-09-2013 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ewan McGregor (Post 59390393)
If Habs add...

They couldn't add enough to make it feasible for me as a Blues fan. Markov's contract and age just are not appealing to me as a Blues fan. Of course i would take him on my team just I would not give up fair value.

BK201 02-09-2013 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ewan McGregor (Post 59390393)
If Habs add...

That would be awesome. For the Habs I mean.

Mats86 02-10-2013 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chocas (Post 59380301)
The Montreal PP general.

Whatever it'd cost, it'd make the Blues an unstoppable force.

I don't think Montreal would like losing there #1D since he's been great since his return and on-sheet, they are contending for playoffs. Still, I think this team would benefit a lot from adding another young piece to its core.

For the Blues, well, it's quite clear.

This:
Markov- Pietrangelo
Jackman- Shattenkirk
Cole/Redden- Polak

Is way more incredible than this:
Cole - Pietrangelo
Jackman - Shattenkirk
Redden - Polak

If Habs fall out of race may move Markov. How about a package involving good prospect, 1st round pick and a 4th line throw-in? Markov has a modified no-trade clause so he'd probably go to St.Louis.

STLBLUES44 02-10-2013 02:52 PM

schwartz, 2nd and porter for markov? blues may be overpaying long term wise but that would be amazing for the next couple of years if markov stays healthy and again that's a big IF. But with the way trades have been recently a 5th for ellerby and a 5th for loktionov how does a 2nd and 4th for markov sound lmao.

Takashi 02-10-2013 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mats86 (Post 59435895)
If Habs fall out of race may move Markov. How about a package involving good prospect, 1st round pick and a 4th line throw-in? Markov has a modified no-trade clause so he'd probably go to St.Louis.

Markov is worth way more than that.

Blind Gardien 02-10-2013 02:59 PM

The Habs have seen already how much of a difference-maker Markov can be. This isn't going to be the year they trade him for futures, if ever. Even if the team ultimately can't pull themselves into the playoff race this year (and it would be premature to discount that at this point anyway), they've seen enough to know he can be a big help again next year, and they are going to try to make the playoffs next year too. I don't think the Blues were a good team to pick to begin with, you kind of have to find a team that is more "desperate" on D, but regardless of that, I just don't see Markov being available, period.

bcv 02-10-2013 03:00 PM

Russian for Russian?

Markov for Tarasenko.

bluesfan94 02-10-2013 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bcv (Post 59436713)
Russian for Russian?

Markov for Tarasenko.

Yeah no. If you want a Russian, we'll toss in Grachev. Or Andronov.

Captain Smurf 02-10-2013 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by STLBLUES44 (Post 59436273)
schwartz, 2nd and porter for markov? blues may be overpaying long term wise but that would be amazing for the next couple of years if markov stays healthy and again that's a big IF. But with the way trades have been recently a 5th for ellerby and a 5th for loktionov how does a 2nd and 4th for markov sound lmao.

To be fair, Loktionov asked for a trade and Ellerby has been pretty bad in Florida.

I like Schwartz as a prospect, but the Habs have a ton of young, undersized forwards on the team and in the system (Desharnais, Gallagher, Kristo, Collberg, Hudon, etc.). I can't see their being much appeal, especially since Montreal is looking to get bigger and younger.

I don't see a deal here, because St. Louis wouldn't be looking to move roster players, and they don't have the picks/prospects that would get Montreal to move Markov.

Habsrback 02-10-2013 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Takashi (Post 59436329)
Markov is worth way more than that.

Hang on...a GOOD prospect, plus a 1st, plus a solid 4th liner might get discussions going. Habs are in a fantastic drafting position in 2013 with a 1st and three 2nds. Bergevin can trade for a low 1st and improve it by throwing in one of his 2nd picks. This is said to be a great draft...imagine the Habs with two 1sts and two 2nds....

Notwithstanding the draft, we would be left with Subban at quarterback position, with future prospects Tinordi, Beaulieu, Thrower, Dietz, and probably one fantastic prospect at D coming from one of those 1st picks.

If you think that the Habs are cup contenders now, then forget about trading Markov. On the other hand, if you think that with the right moves we will be in that position in a couple of years, then a trade like this can benefit both teams.

My only worry is that we got hosed the last two times that we traded with the Blues!!!!

bluesfan94 02-10-2013 03:24 PM

Dmitrij Jaskin, 2013 1st, Matt D'Agostini?

Mario Lemieux fan 66 02-10-2013 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluesfan94 (Post 59437801)
Dmitrij Jaskin, 2013 1st, Matt D'Agostini?

Good offer. Switch D'Agostini with a 2nd round draft pick and it's a deal.

CarvinSigX 02-10-2013 03:50 PM

Berglund is going nowhere. He's starting to look as good as Backes.

Aspirine 02-10-2013 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluesfan94 (Post 59437801)
Dmitrij Jaskin, 2013 1st, Matt D'Agostini?

Counter: Jaskin, 2013 1st, Hakanpaa
Might be steep, but no roster players involved and would have Bergevin thinking about trading his best Dman IMHO.

Domino11 02-10-2013 04:07 PM

It will cost St. Louis an overpayment to get Markov but onestly if they do get him they will probably be the favourite to win the cup !!

I would say something like

Markov + desharnais vs Stewart + 1round + rattie/2round
Or
Markov + 4round vs 1round + 2round + rattie


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:01 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.