HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Detroit Red Wings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Speculation: Who stays and who goes? (Forwards) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1345863)

Mantha Poodoo 02-09-2013 08:27 PM

Who stays and who goes? (Forwards)
 
Lots of fresh blood making an impact right now. Who gets lost in the shuffle?

Dats, Z, Flip, Brunner, and Mule are obvious keepers for the top 6. Hopefully Flip and Brunner both get acceptable new contracts. It's likely Nyquist will be in there full time next year as well. That leaves us with these current players under contract to fill out the bottom 6 + spare parts:

Helm
Abdelkader
Tootoo
Eaves
Miller (UFA)
Samuelsson
Bertuzzi
Cleary (UFA)
Tatar
Andersson
Mursak
Emmerton

At most, we need 6 of those + 2 spares on the roster. Regarding the UFAs, I think Cleary's time is up with the Wings; he no longer brings anything that a number of other players don't. Likewise, I think Miller is gone too. I like Miller's contribution, but again, he's replaceable. I imagine he may be shopped to a team looking for a reliable 3rd/4th line winger this season, once Kenny figures out who he wants, but we'll see.

Once the UFAs are gone, that still leaves the Wings with 10/8 potential forwards.

Helm is an obvious lock.

Abdelkader brings a lot of physical play to the bottom 6 and has also been good for around 20p a season thus far, so I'm pretty sure he'll stay.

At this point, I think Emmerton might have forged himself a spot a bottom 6 center on a healthy roster--otherwise, I think he's a tradeable asset for a low pick.

Sammy--As long as Sammy gets healthy again, I think he has the ability to contribute scoring to the bottom 6 and potentially the power play.

Bert has been a solid contributor to the team. If he doesn't retire I think he keeps a roster spot. Also, shootouts.

Tootoo--Brings a crazy amount of physical play. He doesn't need to be an every game guy (though he has the ability to be), but I definitely want him around for certain teams. I think we all know who.

Eaves--Affordable and effective.. and hopefully healthy. If healthy, he'll be finishing out his contract here if nothing else.

Tatar needs to be up here. He brings too much speed and skill for the Wings to ignore at this point.

Andersson--I don't remember if he's waiver eligible after this year. If so, we either see him next year, or he's traded or waived. I'd like to give him a chance as we could use a forward with size.

Mursak--Has not been able to stay healthy and has not made a significant impact when he has been so. Unless the Wings really like his upside, I suspect he's an odd man out one way or another.

Ultimately, I think there's a chance that 1 of Sammy or Bert may not be around (retirement/injuries or what have you), but it's unlikely that both are gone. I'll do my projection based off of both:

Filppula - Zetterberg - Brunner
Franzen - Datsyuk - Bertuzzi
Tatar - Nyquist - Samuelsson
Abdelkader - Helm - Eaves/Tootoo
(A righty shot on every line! Gasp. Also, that 4th line makes me warm and fuzzy inside.)
Spares: Tootoo/Eaves, Emmerton/Andersson

Who do you think stays/goes?

Kronwalled55 02-09-2013 08:43 PM

Helm - Definite Lock

Abdelkader - I'm indifferent on the guy. People like him because his hit stats are good. I couldn't care less, really :laugh:

Tootoo - Easily our best bottom six forward without Helm. The guy changes games with such little ice time. Definite lock.

Eaves - Has all the tools, but it's tough to evaluate him when he doesn't play much.

Miller (UFA) - Keep unless someone better becomes available.

Samuelsson - Most pointless signing I've ever seen. I wish I was kidding. Let him go...

Bertuzzi - Keep. I don't think he's really hurting anything

Cleary (UFA) - Goodbye

Tatar - I would rather have Tatar up here than Nyquist.

Andersson - Not better than Tatar and Nyquist, so no.

Mursak - Fast skater, good pker. But that's it.

Emmerton - Better than last year. I don't mind him much anymore, keep/let go, doesn't matter to me.

So...

Franzen - Datsyuk - Bertuzzi
Brunner - Zetterberg - Filppula
Tatar - Helm - Eaves
Miller - Emmerton - Tootoo

Preferable find a better 4C, but I like the rest.

joe89 02-09-2013 08:47 PM

Fil-Pavel-Mule
Nyquist-Z-Brunner
Tatar-Helm-Sammy
Bert-Abdelkader-Tootoo
Emmerton, Andersson

Cleary, Miller have to walk. Tatar and Nyquist need to be on the team and Andersson has more potential going forward, so Eaves is the logical cut. Unless Bert retires, but he probably needs the money. Remember that we'll still have Jarnkrok, Sheahan and Ferraro in the minors so no worries about depth.

Am I a fan of Abdelkader centering that 4th line? No, but I don't think they signed him four years to sit in the press box.

Townsend Beasley 02-09-2013 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kronwalled55 (Post 59391729)
Helm - Definite Lock

Abdelkader - I'm indifferent on the guy. People like him because his hit stats are good. I couldn't care less, really :laugh:

Tootoo - Easily our best bottom six forward without Helm. The guy changes games with such little ice time. Definite lock.

Eaves - Has all the tools, but it's tough to evaluate him when he doesn't play much.

Miller (UFA) - Keep unless someone better becomes available.

Samuelsson - Most pointless signing I've ever seen. I wish I was kidding. Let him go...

Bertuzzi - Keep. I don't think he's really hurting anything

Cleary (UFA) - Goodbye

Tatar - I would rather have Tatar up here than Nyquist.

Andersson - Not better than Tatar and Nyquist, so no.

Mursak - Fast skater, good pker. But that's it.

Emmerton - Better than last year. I don't mind him much anymore, keep/let go, doesn't matter to me.

So...

Franzen - Datsyuk - Bertuzzi
Brunner - Zetterberg - Filppula
Tatar - Helm - Eaves
Miller - Emmerton - Tootoo

Preferable find a better 4C, but I like the rest.

Dont you think Nyquist makes top 12 next year?

Big Poppa Puck 02-09-2013 11:52 PM

Miller is probably gone. Cleary should be too but I you never know with Holland.

WingedWheel1987 02-10-2013 12:19 AM

Get rid of anyone who saw the meteor that killed the dinosaurs.

cupforwings09 02-10-2013 01:21 AM

I have a feeling we will try and sign a top six forward in the offseason. So I see the lines like this:

Franzen-Zetterberg-Brunner
Flip-Datsyuk-(top 6)
Tatar-Helm-Nyquist
Tootoo-Abby-Miller/Eaves

Or, I could see them bringing up Shehan to center the 4th line:

Abby-Shehan-Tootoo

I only say this because Babs was so eager to play him the last game of the season last year. He likes his size and speed.

lazerbullet 02-10-2013 02:58 AM

Anderson should get a good look as 4C. But that won't happen.

cjspencer 02-10-2013 03:09 AM

with so much talent waiting in gr i want to not like emmerton but the kid is solid

Frk It 02-10-2013 02:12 PM

Miller and Cleary should go. Should be a no-brainer.

Marky9er 02-10-2013 02:25 PM

I've always wondered if Mursak could handle the physicality of the NHL, umfortunately he's had way too much bad luck with injuries to find out. Oh, wait...

newfy 02-10-2013 02:31 PM

It looks like Babs doesnt really want Abby at center (like most of us here). I doubt hes centering the 4th line enxt year between emmerton and Andersson waiting Abdelkader will play wing

Zetterberg4Captain 02-10-2013 02:38 PM

by next seson hopefully cleary, eaves(waive him), miller are all gone from up front with tatar and nyquist in full time and andersson and sheahan getting spot duty and then the year after we lose bertuzzi and buy out sammy and replace with jarnkrok and sheahan

sarcastro 02-10-2013 02:50 PM

Abdelkader - they'll keep him. I was hoping he'd kick in some more offense but it looks like he is what he is. He's a useful playoff guy though, if he can stay out of the box.
Tootoo - they'll keep him. Can't buy him out and he's the only guy that will drop the gloves.
Eaves - I don't think they can get rid of him, but it doesn't look like Babcock is thrilled with his game right now.
Miller (UFA) - I like him but the numbers might force him out. He's good on the PK.
Samuelsson - they'll keep him. Can't buy him out and he has no trade value.
Bertuzzi - can't get rid of him.
Cleary (UFA) - please, let him go.
Tatar - not sure there is a spot for him even if they dump most of these guys. Nyquist needs a spot too.
Andersson - not a terribly useful spare part, hopefully he's in GR or in another organization.
Mursak - injured all the time and that doesn't look like it will ever change. I wouldn't save a spot for him.
Emmerton - replaceable, hopefully by a PK/faceoff ace who can forecheck and skate better.

RedMenace 02-10-2013 04:51 PM

Franzen is NOT an obvious keeper for me, and I don't care how much of an "idiot" anyone thinks I am for saying that.

Forwards to go:
Franzen (buyout)
Samuelsson (buyout)
Cleary
Eaves (pains me to say)
Emmerton

2013-2014 FORWARDS
Gustav Nyquist ($2.250m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Damien Brunner ($2.950m)
Tomas Tatar ($0.840m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Valtteri Filppula ($4.250m)
Jordin Tootoo ($1.900m) / Darren Helm ($2.125m) / Todd Bertuzzi ($2.075m)
Justin Abdelkader ($1.800m) / Joakim Andersson ($0.925m) / Riley Sheahan ($0.900m)
Jan Mursak ($0.875m) / Drew Miller ($1.000m)

newfy 02-10-2013 05:21 PM

A lot of peoeple here hated the Tootoo signing but toughness has a place in hockey. Hes been probably the best bottom 6 guy all season. I would clear out all the garbage from the bottom 6 and add one more Tootoo type. Someone who hits and fights but can actually play a bit.

Get rid of Miller, Eaves, Cleary, Emmerton, Mursak probably etc.

Bring in Tatar for the third line and one more tough player. They talked about it on the broadcast today that Detroit needs to win now by out workking teams not outskilling them, adding another force on the forecheck to go with Tootoo and Abdelkader on the fourth line would help a lot and then have Helm to be like that on the third

67coach 02-10-2013 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meditating Guru (Post 59442555)
Franzen is NOT an obvious keeper for me, and I don't care how much of an "idiot" anyone thinks I am for saying that.

Forwards to go:
Franzen (buyout)
Samuelsson (buyout)
Cleary
Eaves (pains me to say)
Emmerton

2013-2014 FORWARDS
Gustav Nyquist ($2.250m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Damien Brunner ($2.950m)
Tomas Tatar ($0.840m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Valtteri Filppula ($4.250m)
Jordin Tootoo ($1.900m) / Darren Helm ($2.125m) / Todd Bertuzzi ($2.075m)
Justin Abdelkader ($1.800m) / Joakim Andersson ($0.925m) / Riley Sheahan ($0.900m)
Jan Mursak ($0.875m) / Drew Miller ($1.000m)

I for one, don't think your an idiot.
I have hated the Franzen deal from day one, always thought that he got the deal because of Hank and Lidstrom.

Winger98 02-10-2013 09:36 PM

These are the forward lines I have for next year:

Johan Franzen ($3.955m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Damien Brunner ($3.250m)
Gustav Nyquist ($0.850m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Todd Bertuzzi ($2.075m)
Tomas Tatar ($0.840m) / Valtteri Filppula ($4.750m) / Mikael Samuelsson ($3.000m)
Justin Abdelkader ($1.800m) / Darren Helm ($2.125m) / Jordin Tootoo ($1.900m)
Patrick Eaves ($1.200m) / Cory Emmerton ($0.533m) / Mursak

If they're under contract or RFA, they'll be in camp. Someone will get hit with an injury before the season starts, allowing us to hang onto everyone and rotate people on/off the IR all year. The only UFA that might be a darkhorse and force us to change things is, imo, Iginla.

Frk It 02-10-2013 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Winger98 (Post 59467577)
These are the forward lines I have for next year:

Johan Franzen ($3.955m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Damien Brunner ($3.250m)
Gustav Nyquist ($0.850m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Todd Bertuzzi ($2.075m)
Tomas Tatar ($0.840m) / Valtteri Filppula ($4.750m) / Mikael Samuelsson ($3.000m)
Justin Abdelkader ($1.800m) / Darren Helm ($2.125m) / Jordin Tootoo ($1.900m)

I'll be smiling ear to ear if those are our lines to start next year.:D

Kyleftlx 02-10-2013 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Winger98 (Post 59467577)
These are the forward lines I have for next year:

Johan Franzen ($3.955m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Damien Brunner ($3.250m)
Gustav Nyquist ($0.850m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Todd Bertuzzi ($2.075m)
Tomas Tatar ($0.840m) / Valtteri Filppula ($4.750m) / Mikael Samuelsson ($3.000m)
Justin Abdelkader ($1.800m) / Darren Helm ($2.125m) / Jordin Tootoo ($1.900m)
Patrick Eaves ($1.200m) / Cory Emmerton ($0.533m) / Mursak

If they're under contract or RFA, they'll be in camp. Someone will get hit with an injury before the season starts, allowing us to hang onto everyone and rotate people on/off the IR all year. The only UFA that might be a darkhorse and force us to change things is, imo, Iginla.

Those would be solid lines, but I just don't think Filppula is going to be centering a line anytime soon in Detroit, especially not line 3. While Detroit may be a better team with that lineup, I think Helm is going to end up as the third line C next year, and if Filppula is on the roster, he'll be a top 6 winger.

I think Detroit is more likely to move Bertuzzi down to a fourth line role, similar to Holmstrom in his final year in Detroit, than they are to move Filppula down to the third line.

Jimbo7200 02-10-2013 10:03 PM

Don't call me crazy. I think we may be better served knocking the doors on Correy Perty this offseason before we jump to resign Flip. The Franzen-Zetterberg-Brunner line is locked in. I still think we need to get Pavel a shoot-first winger. Perry adds that, plus a ton of grit and net front presence.

Bench 02-10-2013 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimbo7200 (Post 59469361)
Don't call me crazy. I think we may be better served knocking the doors on Correy Perty this offseason before we jump to resign Flip. The Franzen-Zetterberg-Brunner line is locked in. I still think we need to get Pavel a shoot-first winger. Perry adds that, plus a ton of grit and net front presence.

He's the kind of guy, if he was sniffing free agency, I think you'd want to trade for rights. Otherwise the frenzy he'd get in UFA status would be on Parise level all over again.

LeighDx13 02-10-2013 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bench (Post 59469637)
He's the kind of guy, if he was sniffing free agency, I think you'd want to trade for rights. Otherwise the frenzy he'd get in UFA status would be on Parise level all over again.

I don't think it would get as bad, especially considering the cap is going down. There would still be a big number of teams looking to sign him, not everyone would have the cap space though.

Winger98 02-10-2013 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyleftlx (Post 59468445)
Those would be solid lines, but I just don't think Filppula is going to be centering a line anytime soon in Detroit, especially not line 3. While Detroit may be a better team with that lineup, I think Helm is going to end up as the third line C next year, and if Filppula is on the roster, he'll be a top 6 winger.

I think Detroit is more likely to move Bertuzzi down to a fourth line role, similar to Holmstrom in his final year in Detroit, than they are to move Filppula down to the third line.

I agree with you, but I just liked the lines more this way. I also think you're not going to pry Bert off Flip's line for an extended period of time. Datsyuk seems to prefer having him there, and I'm not sure he's effective anywhere else. Whenever I left Flip on the wing, though, I ended up having one of Tatar/Gus on the fourth line, which I didn't like.

I kicked around the idea of someone like Roy or Weiss being signed to center the third line, too. Again, it was something I'd like to see, but I don't think it'll happen.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bench (Post 59469637)
He's the kind of guy, if he was sniffing free agency, I think you'd want to trade for rights. Otherwise the frenzy he'd get in UFA status would be on Parise level all over again.

If he refuses to re-sign with Anaheim, I think you're looking at someone bent on testing the market. Last I knew Anaheim had an internal cap, but I can't see them being so cheap as to lowball Perry/Getzlaf to the point of offending them and pushing them onto the market.

Bench 02-10-2013 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Winger98 (Post 59470333)
If he refuses to re-sign with Anaheim, I think you're looking at someone bent on testing the market. Last I knew Anaheim had an internal cap, but I can't see them being so cheap as to lowball Perry/Getzlaf to the point of offending them and pushing them onto the market.

You're probably right.

I'm starting to feel, though, the only way Detroit is going to make a splash is to get to the big names before other teams offer their crazy contracts. Even with the new rules, you could get some pretty ridiculous offers.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:12 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.