HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Polls - (hockey-related only) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=72)
-   -   Best NHL Commentators #1 (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1345877)

canuckchamps 02-09-2013 08:32 PM

Best NHL Commentators #1

National and local broadcasters included, who do you think is the best play-by-play guy in the NHL today?

Lord Flacko* 02-09-2013 08:35 PM

Bob Cole

Cotton500 02-09-2013 08:39 PM

Jack Edwards for his knowledge, energy and how he makes every game enjoyable.

Lord Flacko* 02-09-2013 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cotton500 (Post 59391247)
Jack Edwards for his knowledge, energy and how he makes every game enjoyable.

Jack Edwards for his neutrality and COMPLETE lack of bias.

GoDevs9 02-09-2013 08:42 PM

Doc for sure.

crazy Kassian 02-09-2013 08:45 PM

only took the first few posts for thread to be derailed

SgtJoseph 02-09-2013 08:49 PM

A s a die hard Flyers fan, i actually like Jack Edwards ! Pro hockey is all about entertainment, and whether you like or dislike the guy, he is really entertaining !

Art of Sedinery 02-09-2013 08:59 PM

Don't here most of the guys on the list, but in Canada it is easily Hughson then Cuthbert. No one else comes close to those guys.

Shorty is pretty damn good too. We've been spoiled with PBP's in Vancouver going back to Jim Robson.

Machinehead 02-09-2013 09:05 PM

Definitely Doc. He actually adds to the game. I would watch a 6-0 laugher just to listen to Doc describe it.

Steve Bennett* 02-09-2013 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Art of Sedinery (Post 59393941)
Don't here most of the guys on the list, but in Canada it is easily Hughson then Cuthbert. No one else comes close to those guys.

Shorty is pretty damn good too. We've been spoiled with PBP's in Vancouver going back to Jim Robson.

Couldn't agree more with this post.

Only thing I'd add is I voted Edwards because that guy is the broadcaster of broadcasters. Not afraid to hide his bias and he goes over the top routinely. He's like the Steve Bennett of play by play...

Evincar 02-09-2013 09:08 PM

Ken Daniels. I enjoy his enthusiasm and professionalism.

Ashasx 02-09-2013 09:09 PM

Cuthbert for me, and it's not really close with the decline of Bob Cole.

Emerica 02-09-2013 09:14 PM

Doc Emrick.

Faidh ar Rud Eigin 02-09-2013 09:20 PM

Only familiar with the TSN, NBC and Dallas Stars commentators. Watched a few games with most of the others, but not enough to comment.

All I know is that most people who aren't Stars fans and watch Stars feeds usually say that Dallas' pair is not biased, is interesting, talks relatively significantly about the other team without a slant, and is always excited when something happens, whether it's his team or not.

Voted Strangis.

Tanner Glass 02-09-2013 09:21 PM

Bob Miller has 2 votes. I tried to watch a Kings game on center ice last week, and it was too painful to listen to

SgtJoseph 02-09-2013 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Faidh ar Rud Eigin (Post 59396629)
Only familiar with the TSN, NBC and Dallas Stars commentators. Watched a few games with most of the others, but not enough to comment.

All I know is that most people who aren't Stars fans and watch Stars feeds usually say that Dallas' pair is not biased, is interesting, talks relatively significantly about the other team without a slant, and is always excited when something happens, whether it's his team or not.

Voted Strangis.

I have listened to a few Dallas games and i agree with you ! Very non homerish crew in Dallas, which is refreshing actually......Our Philly crew are a bunch of Homers too often and i enjoy listening to other teams announcers when the Flyers are on the road etc.

Eskimo44 02-09-2013 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Art of Sedinery (Post 59393941)

I agree with Cuthbert but i can't stand Hughson. I don't like his style and the fact that he's a huge Canucks homer is really annoying, at least he could try and hide his bias a little...

Machinehead 02-09-2013 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael Del Ziti (Post 59396749)
Bob Miller has 2 votes. I tried to watch a Kings game on center ice last week, and it was too painful to listen to

Even worse, Bob Cole his two votes. When I can't sleep at night I listen to a Bob Cole telecast.

I think some people gravitate towards dry and quiet announcers, because as I've said HF is a retirement home.

Eskimo44 02-09-2013 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Machinehead (Post 59398995)
Even worse, Bob Cole his two votes. When I can't sleep at night I listen to a Bob Cole telecast.

I think some people gravitate towards dry and quiet announcers, because as I've said HF is a retirement home.

Bob Cole was very good for a long time, he just got old and it hasn't been pretty.

fly4apuckguy 02-09-2013 09:59 PM

Love Bob Cole for the fact he has been around so long, but he's not nealry as good as Hughson or Cuthbert at this point.

I chose Jim Hughson, although I think he was better way back with TSN when he was less reserved.

drinking bleach irl 02-09-2013 10:15 PM

I honestly did not know that people liked Emrick

CRSeven 02-09-2013 10:17 PM

Jim Hughson for me.

If he's commentating, I'll watch the game even if I could care less about the game itself, which I am doing now. :)

Yashintangibles 02-09-2013 10:26 PM

Some sunbelt teams commentators are funny.

Kershaw 02-09-2013 10:32 PM

Where is Mark Lee?

"And Nugent-Hopkins gets in the zone unmolested."

TrillMike 02-09-2013 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Faidh ar Rud Eigin (Post 59396629)

Voted Strangis.

Perfectly said. We'be been spoiled with Ralph and Razor for all these years. I don't want to sound like a homer, but I really think Ralph is an expert at his craft. My second place vote is for Doc.