HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Russia (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Russian player knocks ref down, ref gets up and fights him (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1346037)

Fred Murtz 02-09-2013 09:44 PM

Russian player knocks ref down, ref gets up and fights him

Russian player knocks ref down, ref gets up and fights him. Feb 2013 KHL

Alberta tough 02-09-2013 10:03 PM

Wow, would like to hear more about this incident from some KHL posters.

Jussi 02-09-2013 10:06 PM

I saw that posted at a Finnish hockey message board recently. Turns out that was in some Moscow local amateur league, not KHL.

malkinfan 02-09-2013 10:37 PM

This was actually posted on here last year.. It only recently has become semi viral since TSN showed it on there website, everybody in Canada started talking about it lol. Is this the 3rd league? I recall that the player is some employee of the KHL?

Alberta tough 02-09-2013 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jussi (Post 59402191)
I saw that posted at a Finnish hockey message board recently. Turns out that was in some Moscow local amateur league, not KHL.

Thanks for clearing that up. The title should be changed.

Fred Murtz 02-10-2013 07:52 AM

SOrry bout that :amazed:, I changed the title.

malkinfan 02-10-2013 12:30 PM

Glen Healy is a horrible commentator, almost as bad as he was at goalie. He has always showed negative views towards Russian players... He is just pissed because they scored on him too much. Also lol at the stupid Canadian media for showing this a year later.

Torsten S 02-10-2013 01:05 PM

And it wasn't even a game played in Russia. The team in red is ukrainian HK Meteor Dnepropetrovsk.

kajoo 02-10-2013 04:33 PM

This ref is one tough SOB, probably retired goon or something like that. Normal ref would just finish the game due to attack on ref but this guy stand up, (intuitively ?) took off his helmet (how many regular NHLers or KHLers do that before fight ?) - gave himself a second to think what to do, and then he probably told to himself "nah fuvk the ref career, reveeeeenge" and jumped on the dude :laugh:

surreal

Fugu 02-10-2013 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kajoo (Post 59441529)
This ref is one tough SOB, probably retired goon or something like that. Normal ref would just finish the game due to attack on ref but this guy stand up, (intuitively ?) took off his helmet (how many regular NHLers or KHLers do that before fight ?) - gave himself a second to think what to do, and then he probably told to himself "nah fuvk the ref career, reveeeeenge" and jumped on the dude :laugh:

surreal

I was very impressed that he took his helmet off, and THEN started the fight. Did any of the critics consider that point? ;)

Huntershin Karuk 02-11-2013 12:28 AM

Holy ****.

KHLbet 02-11-2013 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kajoo (Post 59441529)

surreal

I would do exactly that same on the ref place

GordonGecko 02-11-2013 08:30 PM

Welp, that ref is totally shanabanned now :shakehead