HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: Montreal - San Jose / Montreal - Colorado / Montreal - New Jersey (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1346107)

BigHabs 02-09-2013 10:27 PM

Montreal - San Jose / Montreal - Colorado / Montreal - New Jersey

:habs

Erik Cole
Petteri Nokelainen
Raphael Diaz

:sharks

Ryane Clowe
Douglas Murray

----------------------------

Yannick Weber
Mike Blunden

:avs

Ryan O'Byrne
Cody McLeod

---------------------------------------------

Brian Gionta
Danny Kristo
Colby Armstrong

:devils

David Clarkson
3rd round pick

CanadienShark 02-09-2013 10:30 PM

I'd do the SJS-MTL trade as a fan of both teams. Not sure how others will react. Don't know enough about the Colorado players to comment on that. Nokelainen isn't really needed on the Sharks though.

Classic Devil 02-09-2013 10:36 PM

A resounding no from New Jersey.

Habsrule 02-09-2013 10:38 PM

I highly doubt that the Sharks do that trade. Why would a winning team shake up their roster and not get any better in the now.

As for the Colorado trade I think you are close. I think the Blunden for McLeod part you can take out. Both guys cancel each other out pretty much.

That leaves O'Byrne for Weber.

I do not follow the Avalanche much but it does appear as if they could use an offensive defenceman. The Habs would know what they are getting with O'Byrne and they could use some size on the back end.

With that being said I am not sure that the Habs would be happy with adding 1.15 million dollars to upgrade their bottom pair/healthy scratch depth.

avsfan09 02-09-2013 10:40 PM

So Colorado get's to keep Ryan O'byrne and Mcleod? Not bad value, but I think the Avs hang up the phone. WUt?

Zippy316 02-09-2013 10:41 PM

That Devils trade is crap.

Yeah, the Devils will take Montreals crap for our top scorer and key top six forward.

Roof Daddy 02-09-2013 10:44 PM

I had a feeling we'd be seeing a glut of tough guys to Habs proposals after tonight's game. None of these make sense for the other team however.

Gene Parmesan 02-09-2013 10:46 PM

kneejerk reaction. Sharks pass.

BigHabs 02-09-2013 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roof Daddy (Post 59405653)
I had a feeling we'd be seeing a glut of tough guys to Habs proposals after tonight's game. None of these make sense for the other team however.

I didnt make these proposals for tough guys.

I did it for 2 reasons, get 2 crease clearing dmen in Murray and O'Byrne. The other reason is to shed cap and have a bunch of space this offseason.

All these trades outside of McLeod, they are pending UFA's and allows us to have options going into the offseason and also compliance buyout of Kaberle.

BrickAHL 02-09-2013 10:50 PM

I don't want to trade McLeod and I think O'Byrne could get a decent draft pick which I would rather have over Weber.

TrickRider 02-09-2013 10:56 PM

The Colorado trade's the only one I really see happening. I'm not sure San Jose needs Cole enough to give up Clowe and Murray. I can`t see either team pulling the trigger on the New Jersey trade.

BigHabs 02-09-2013 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrickRider (Post 59406531)
The Colorado trade's the only one I really see happening. I'm not sure San Jose needs Cole enough to give up Clowe and Murray. I can`t see either team pulling the trigger on the New Jersey trade.

Well I remember San Jose fans saying they wanted and needed a faster winger than Clowe. Cole is that. Murray could be had for a reasonable price and I think offering up Diaz and a little more is fair as well.

TrickRider 02-09-2013 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peso (Post 59406883)
Well I remember San Jose fans saying they wanted and needed a faster winger than Clowe. Cole is that. Murray could be had for a reasonable price and I think offering up Diaz and a little more is fair as well.

That makes sense. I`m still not sure San Jose does this unless they take a serious downturn.

Devils Trap 02-09-2013 11:29 PM

you want Clarkson ??

I dont see Subban or Pacioretty or Plekanec in the deal. Sooo big No. Soo come back to me when your willing to deal one of them. You must massively overpay to get Clarkson

WTFetus 02-09-2013 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peso (Post 59406883)

We don't want Cole though. I'd take Gionta, though salary next season would be an issue.

Gene Parmesan 02-09-2013 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WTFetus (Post 59409121)
We don't want Cole though. I'd take Gionta, though salary next season would be an issue.

Gionta has been garbage.

S3rkie 02-10-2013 12:13 AM

Value is there on the Avs trade, wonder if they'd trade Mcleod though he seems to be a really good locker room guy that loves the franchise and always gives them 100% effort.

CoachBadkitten 02-10-2013 12:17 AM

I'd probably consider the Avs one if you cut out the McLeod/Blunden part.

falconski 02-10-2013 12:28 AM

Not sure what the point of the 4th liners is but ROB for weber I'd do

Mats26 02-10-2013 12:45 AM

After the beating they got tonight vs the Leafs:
Call LA: Penner, King and Fraser might be available

Hatrick Marleau 02-10-2013 01:37 AM

The Sharks would say no to that trade.

CanadienShark 02-10-2013 01:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Devils Trap (Post 59408717)
you want Clarkson ??

I dont see Subban or Pacioretty or Plekanec in the deal. Sooo big No. Soo come back to me when your willing to deal one of them. You must massively overpay to get Clarkson

Until I read the bold part, I was like :laugh::laugh::laugh:, now I'm like :poutine:

DevilChuk* 02-10-2013 02:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peso (Post 59404109)
---------------------------------------------

Brian Gionta
Danny Kristo
Colby Armstrong

:devils

David Clarkson
3rd round pick

Lol what? We give up the best player in the deal AND a pick for.. Brian Gionta?

I would say Lou would laugh you off the phone but he probably wouldn't even pick up the phone when he sees the Montreal area code...

Ivan13 02-10-2013 03:15 AM

Avs won't trade one of the few guys (McLeod) who gives them 100% every time he steps on the ice in a deal like that.

Trembs 02-10-2013 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DevilChuk (Post 59414607)
Lol what? We give up the best player in the deal AND a pick for.. Brian Gionta?

I would say Lou would laugh you off the phone but he probably wouldn't even pick up the phone when he sees the Montreal area code...

I agree that the trade needs to be tweaked a bit yes,. Although Danny Kristo was a former second round pick and chances are he's gonna play on one of the top 2 lines when he's ready.. So Kristo > 3rd round pick... As for Gionta and Armstrong, I can see why that doesn't impress you much, but Gionta is still capable of notching 25 goals in a full season .. But I agree.. Armstrong is not the difference between the two..

So how about .. Gionta, Eller and nashvilles second rounder.. For the same return?