HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Value of: (Very premature thread) Brian Boyle (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1346537)

silverfish 02-10-2013 12:00 PM

(Very premature thread) Brian Boyle
 
Boyle will be a healthy scratch for the second straight game with the Rangers tonight.

If JT Miller proves that he can handle the NHL game and sticks, plus the addition of Powe and the play of Halpern, Boyle could be the odd man out in New York.

Rangers would be looking for a somewhat reliable, right-handed shot d-man in return.

This thread might PO some Rangers fans, and I'm not suggesting that I believe Boyle is on the market, but I'm interested to see what other teams would offer for the services of a guy who can PK, win faceoffs, has size, and is a good bottom-6 addition (but is probably best served in a fourth line role).

BigHabs 02-10-2013 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silverfish (Post 59425667)
Boyle will be a healthy scratch for the second straight game with the Rangers tonight.

If JT Miller proves that he can handle the NHL game and sticks, plus the addition of Powe and the play of Halpern, Boyle could be the odd man out in New York.

Rangers would be looking for a somewhat reliable, right-handed shot d-man in return.

This thread might PO some Rangers fans, and I'm not suggesting that I believe Boyle is on the market, but I'm interested to see what other teams would offer for the services of a guy who can PK, win faceoffs, has size, and is a good bottom-6 addition (but is probably best served in a fourth line role).

As a Habs fan, Boyle has been a favorite of mine and feel he is the type of guy who could fit in Therrien's coaching style.

TOML 02-10-2013 12:17 PM

Is he battling some sortof injury? Or has he always been this under-skilled?


TOML

Mr Misty 02-10-2013 12:18 PM

Stephane Robidas

Analyzer 02-10-2013 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TOML (Post 59426677)
Is he battling some sortof injury? Or has he always been this under-skilled?


TOML

Boyle ? If so, then yes. He's a hard worker/role guy. He hits anything and everything it seems.

Thanks for signing your name. I wish this place would put who you are at the left of the post so people could know.

iamitter 02-10-2013 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TOML (Post 59426677)
Is he battling some sortof injury? Or has he always been this under-skilled?


TOML

Boyle is a defensive center. He's at his best starting his shifts in the d-zone. He's sometimes there offensively, but he's a pretty poor passer and has very little offensive IQ.

Kris Chreider 02-10-2013 12:27 PM

Boyle shuts the other team down but his hands are where offense goes to die.

Send him to Colorado for SOB. We need an LHD more than a RHD.

McDonagh-Girardi
Staal-Del Zotto
O'Brien-Stralman

Looks good.

TOML 02-10-2013 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Analyzer (Post 59426815)
Boyle ? If so, then yes. He's a hard worker/role guy. He hits anything and everything it seems.

Thanks for signing your name. I wish this place would put who you are at the left of the post so people could know.

And now he's hitting the pressbox.

What i meant was that he looks fairly sluggish as of late, even in a grinding role. Not sure if he's always been that way. I don't think so.


TOML

caley 02-10-2013 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kris Chreider (Post 59427217)
Boyle shuts the other team down but his hands are where offense goes to die.

So what happened in 2010-11 (21 goals, 35 points), did players bank pucks off his head into the net?

Stop Winnin 02-10-2013 12:30 PM

What do you guys want from Buffalo, we need a guy like Boyle BAD...

LatvianTwist 02-10-2013 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Misty (Post 59426747)
Stephane Robidas

We don't need another bottom 6 player, or else I'd agree with this. Should be looking for futures if we trade him (and Morrow).

Tanner Glass 02-10-2013 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by caley (Post 59427291)
So what happened in 2010-11 (21 goals, 35 points), did players bank pucks off his head into the net?

Pretty much

Kwayry 02-10-2013 12:36 PM

You could have used this thread
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1343955

wr50l 02-10-2013 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by caley (Post 59427291)
So what happened in 2010-11 (21 goals, 35 points), did players bank pucks off his head into the net?

Kind of. A lot of empty netters and he and Prust just had career years based on hard work pretty much.

He isn't a shooter, he isn't a passer, and he can't deflect the puck so goals are a fluke.

Kris Chreider 02-10-2013 12:47 PM

Boyle could dominate the front of the net but he doesn't seem to ever be in the right place to score.

And 2010-11 was a fluke.

tsujimoto74 02-10-2013 12:48 PM

Something around Brennan or Leopold from Buffalo? +/- as needed.

Kris Chreider 02-10-2013 12:58 PM

He will drop the gloves but he's not good at it if that's what you want from him in Buffalo. Although Brennan would interest me.

AslanRH 02-10-2013 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kris Chreider (Post 59427217)
Boyle shuts the other team down but his hands are where offense goes to die.

Send him to Colorado for SOB. We need an LHD more than a RHD.

McDonagh-Girardi
Staal-Del Zotto
O'Brien-Stralman

Looks good.

Avs would be in favor of this. Needing help on PK, and too much 1 way Dmen. With RoR being RoR, Boyle would be a nice 4C

McTank 02-10-2013 01:20 PM

Buffalo needs this guy

SeenSchenn2 02-10-2013 01:23 PM

Anything of interest from Toronto?

We could use a guy of his size/skillset. IMO, anyway.

ChuckyToGally 02-10-2013 01:24 PM

Weber and a pick from Montreal

tsujimoto74 02-10-2013 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kris Chreider (Post 59429057)
He will drop the gloves but he's not good at it if that's what you want from him in Buffalo. Although Brennan would interest me.

His ability to win more than 50% of his draws and maybe help out on the Pk occasionally would be appreciated.

Bourne Endeavor 02-10-2013 02:02 PM

Better if you toss out New York's needs. I'd probably move a second or Lapierre for him. Or some combination therein.

Theon 02-10-2013 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peso (Post 59426281)
As a Habs fan, Boyle has been a favorite of mine and feel he is the type of guy who could fit in Therrien's coaching style.

Link him up with his BFF Prust and give us Lars Eller in return. Boyle and Prust have great chemistry and will improve your PK significantly.

Der Jaeger 02-10-2013 04:07 PM

Leopold or Brennan available from Buffalo. Both LHD.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:53 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.