HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Toronto Maple Leafs (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Alexei Emelin, Say Hello To My Little Friend (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1346887)

BillyD 02-10-2013 07:04 PM

Alexei Emelin, Say Hello To My Little Friend
 
A thing of beauty, watch our bench stand up after the hit:


DionPhaneuf3 02-10-2013 07:09 PM

Solid hit, now only if Kessel can get a little physical.

mikebel111 02-10-2013 07:15 PM

more confidence equals more physical play by kadri

that was a thundering hit, thing of beauty

i love this guy

leafspring* 02-10-2013 07:23 PM

Expect this from Kadri occasionally,he has a nazty streak in him. He will do it all if needed lol. 50lbs difference there too lol.

Dangles McGavin 02-10-2013 07:25 PM

Every aspect of Kadri's game has shocked and impressed me this season.

His defensive awareness is actually very good for a 'rookie' (I know he's not a rookie but it's his first season as a penned in Leaf). One of our better defensive forwards IMO.

His dangles actually work at this level, which is unreal. Kid's got dem nifty mitts!

ToneBone03 02-10-2013 07:29 PM

My favorite hit by a Leaf player so far this season. I always knew Nazem had a bit of an edge to his game. As the season progresses and his confidence grows we'll all see why Burkie was so high on him and drafted him in '09. So happy!

Drew311 02-10-2013 07:34 PM

Great hit. I can't stand how guys turn (or attempt to in this case) their back when they're about to get hit close to the boards. If they would just stay face on and brace themselves it would significantly lower the chance of them getting hurt.

I really like how Kadri is becoming a multi-tool player. Through the roof hockey IQ, elite passing ability, elite hands, physical and an agitator. I really think if he continues to be brought along slowly, he'll eventually develop into our number one centre. The skill is already there, and he'll just keep getting stronger and better at faceoffs as he gets older.

Penalty Kill Icing* 02-10-2013 07:34 PM

Why does Emelin wear that cage anyways? like in juniors?

charliolemieux 02-10-2013 07:36 PM

I've said for two years now the kid likes to hit. All the haters saying he's soft. :shakehead:

Naz and Leo are going draw us so many PP's and just drive the other teams insane.

Then Orr comes out and goes Hulk.

SeenSchenn2 02-10-2013 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Penalty Kill Icing (Post 59448855)
Why does Emelin wear that cage anyways? like in juniors?

Something about his cheek-bone.

mikebel111 02-10-2013 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dangles McGavin (Post 59448061)
Every aspect of Kadri's game has shocked and impressed me this season.

His defensive awareness is actually very good for a 'rookie' (I know he's not a rookie but it's his first season as a penned in Leaf). One of our better defensive forwards IMO.

His dangles actually work at this level, which is unreal. Kid's got dem nifty mitts!



when he does dangle, he knows when to do it, when not too, is dumping it in when needed

is seeing time on PK, which shows you his growth in his overall game

Peasy 02-10-2013 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DionPhaneuf3 (Post 59446871)
Solid hit, now only if Kessel can get a little physical.

Kadri has always had a knack for hitting, this is nothing new.



He maybe small but has never really shied away from the physical play.

Mystifo 02-10-2013 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by charliolemieux (Post 59448969)
I've said for two years now the kid likes to hit. All the haters saying he's soft. :shakehead:

Naz and Leo are going draw us so many PP's and just drive the other teams insane.

Then Orr comes out and goes Hulk.

Funny thing is Naz and Leo tend to hit a bit "late" but don't get called for interference. Really is amazing.

p.l.f. 02-10-2013 07:47 PM

kadri better be careful

jimmycarter 02-10-2013 07:50 PM

i love fans of other teams fans calling kadri a bust.

well the crow is roasting in the oven for them.

blasted_Sabre 02-10-2013 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by p.l.f. (Post 59450159)
kadri better be careful

Careful? This is the type of play the Leafs need from him. He'll be a star in Toronto if he keeps this up in short order.

mikebel111 02-10-2013 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by p.l.f. (Post 59450159)
kadri better be careful



please explain?

Noble Peasant 02-10-2013 08:03 PM

Leafs are tough enough to back themselves up. No one needs to be careful. It's teams like the habs that need to be careful.

LeafOfBread 02-10-2013 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimmycarter (Post 59450439)
i love fans of other teams fans calling kadri a bust.

well the crow is roasting in the oven for them.

Fans of other teams? Fans of our own team were stupidly saying it too.

johnny_rudeboy 02-10-2013 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noble Peasant (Post 59451601)
Leafs are tough enough to back themselves up. No one needs to be careful. It's teams like the habs that need to be careful.

Habs, they bring the pest but not the rest.

We have it all.

charliolemieux 02-10-2013 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mystifo (Post 59449973)
Funny thing is Naz and Leo tend to hit a bit "late" but don't get called for interference. Really is amazing.

Good. IT's only illegal if you get caught. :naughty:

Quote:

Originally Posted by p.l.f. (Post 59450159)
kadri better be careful

Why?

Someone runs Kadri, then next shift one of our guys runs their best young player.

See how it all evens out?

Kadri's tough. He knows he's pissing people off. It's part of his game.

charliolemieux 02-10-2013 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeafOfBread (Post 59451753)
Fans of other teams? Fans of our own team were stupidly saying it too.

Ya. Where the heck are they all now?

PRobably out buying Kadri jerseys. :laugh:

kamosko 02-10-2013 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Penalty Kill Icing (Post 59448855)
Why does Emelin wear that cage anyways? like in juniors?

I think he has plates in his face or something from a previous injury

Antropovsky 02-10-2013 08:11 PM

BUT BUT!!! B.Schenn is the physical, well rounded, intangible player, while Kadri is just a soft, small, one-dimensional player with shinny moves.

or thats what the main board always said.

Hurt 02-10-2013 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Penalty Kill Icing (Post 59448855)
Why does Emelin wear that cage anyways? like in juniors?

Apparently a lot of his face is metal including both eye sockets (or so I read from a Habs poster) so he has special permission.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:27 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.