HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Buffalo Sabres (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Proposal: Miller's Trade Value (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1347051)

Hank Moody 02-10-2013 09:01 PM

Miller's Trade Value

Not saying we should trade Miller, this is purely hypothetical. I love Miller. But if the front office decides to go full rebuild, what could we realistically expect in return for Miller? How much value does he have? What would you want in return for Miller?

sba 02-10-2013 09:07 PM

You need a contender who needs a goalie, so maybe Chicago...and you won't get all that much because there's not much of a market for goalies...ask Vancouver.

omglolnub 02-10-2013 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crow (Post 59464315)
Not saying we should trade Miller, this is purely hypothetical. I love Miller. But if the front office decides to go full rebuild, what could we realistically expect in return for Miller? How much value does he have? What would you want in return for Miller?

He'd have to go to a team that needs an obvious upgrade in goal...problem is, most of those teams with problems in goal also don't have much to give up in personnel for Miller that they'd be willing to part with that the Sabres would want. It was/is the same issue with Luongo. A catch 22 for the Sabres, robbing Peter to pay Paul for the other team.

Stop Winnin 02-10-2013 09:10 PM

Trade him for defensive help, because our blue line is ****ing embarassing. A good defense can make an average goalie look good. Look at what St Louis is doing with Brian Elliot as their goaltender.

Zip15 02-10-2013 09:12 PM

Root for someone like Crawford or Niemi to get injured. Seriously. Not many teams have a need for a starter right now.

Better Call Saul 02-10-2013 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stop Winnin (Post 59465301)
Trade him for defensive help, because our blue line is ****ing embarassing. A good defense can make an average goalie look good. Look at what St Louis is doing with Brian Elliot as their goaltender.

Losing games and giving up many goals in the process?

Jame 02-10-2013 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zip15 (Post 59465501)
Root for someone like Crawford or Niemi to get injured. Seriously. Not many teams have a need for a starter right now.

Edmonton?
they are the team that could feel like it's time to make a push.

Better Call Saul 02-10-2013 09:20 PM

Dubnyk is playing great. Who knows if it'll keep up.

is the answer jesus 02-10-2013 09:24 PM

Miller and Luongo shouldn't be compared at all when discussing value. Luongo's contract is a big commitment to take on and hurts his value considerably. Miller having only a year and a half remaining on his deal would be much easier to swallow for most teams. With that said, I really don't know what I'd want in return. Probably something like a young top 6 forward and a draft pick.

Zip15 02-10-2013 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jame (Post 59466131)
Edmonton?
they are the team that could feel like it's time to make a push.

As BCS noted, Dubnyk is playing pretty well right now. I also wonder if Edmonton would be on his 8-team NTC.

Jame 02-10-2013 09:30 PM

would you dare trade him to Philly?

Would you do it if we had to take Bryz back?

would philly be able to tempt you with assets?

Jame 02-10-2013 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zip15 (Post 59466691)
As BCS noted, Dubnyk is playing pretty well right now. I also wonder if Edmonton would be on his 8-team NTC.

good point...

although... at this point, does he want to be anywhere less than Buffalo?:sarcasm::laugh:

Have My Baby Pierre 02-10-2013 09:34 PM

Too bad Varlamov is doing fine, I'd love for us to be able to trade Miller to them..

Crawford is playing great, same with Dubnyk

It seems like not many teams need a goaltender right now, I guess that's because most actually play competent defense and don't rely entirely on their goaltenders like us.

What about Lindback in Tampa? I haven't really heard any bad things about him so far, it is tough to measure goaltenders in Tampa though..they are definitely more of an offensive minded team so hard to go just off stats.

I know it was a hypothetical question, but I'd be absolutely shocked if Miller was traded.

I could definitely see Stafford, Regehr, or Leopold being traded..maybe even all 3.

gallagt01 02-10-2013 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jame (Post 59467073)

Unless they're tempting me with some combination of B. Schenn/Simmonds/Laughton, I'm not interested in swapping Miller's contract for Bryzgalov's.

Jame 02-10-2013 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Have My Baby Pierre (Post 59467395)
Too bad Varlamov is doing fine, I'd love for us to be able to trade Miller to them..

Crawford is playing great, same with Dubnyk

It seems like not many teams need a goaltender right now, I guess that's because most actually play competent defense and don't rely entirely on their goaltenders like us.

What about Lindback in Tampa? I haven't really heard any bad things about him so far, it is tough to measure goaltenders in Tampa though..they are definitely more of an offensive minded team so hard to go just off stats.

I know it was a hypothetical question, but I'd be absolutely shocked if Miller was traded.

I could definitely see Stafford, Regehr, or Leopold being traded..maybe even all 3.

Lindback's glove side, is like Enroth's 5 hole...

Zip15 02-10-2013 09:44 PM

Another variable is just how much are Darcy's and Lindy's jobs on the line. If they're on thin ice, so to speak, then Darcy may be loathe to trade Miller in an effort to save his own hide (or Lindy's).

Zip15 02-10-2013 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jame (Post 59467073)

I probably wouldn't trade him to Philly. Bryz, from a hockey standpoint, hasn't been bad since January 1, sporting a pretty nice .923 SV% once he was no longer starring in 24/7. But, from a contractual standpoint, I want no part of that thing. Besides, he has a full NMC, so it's probably moot.

is the answer jesus 02-10-2013 09:47 PM

What about Toronto? It's dangerous to trade him within the division, but they were interested in Luongo and I see no reason why they wouldn't be interested in Miller if he were made available. They've got some interesting young pieces in Rielly, Gardiner, and Kadri (although I'm not super high on Kadri).

Have My Baby Pierre 02-10-2013 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by is the answer jesus (Post 59468303)
What about Toronto? It's dangerous to trade him within the division, but they were interested in Luongo and I see no reason why they wouldn't be interested in Miller if he were made available. They've got some interesting young pieces in Rielly, Gardiner, and Kadri (although I'm not super high on Kadri).

No chance Toronto trades any young assets, their fan base and media would go INSANE. Also, Reimer has been good so far.

Jame 02-10-2013 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loods (Post 59467531)
Unless they're tempting me with some combination of B. Schenn/Simmonds/Laughton, I'm not interested in swapping Miller's contract for Bryzgalov's.

we could buy out bryz after a test drive :dunno:

i'd do anything to get couturier...

SundherDome 02-10-2013 09:57 PM

Miller
Adam
Brennan

Neuvirth
Alzner
Forsberg

Close ?

Stop Winnin 02-10-2013 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VanekTheMvp (Post 59468951)
Miller
Adam
Brennan

Neuvirth
Alzner
Forsberg

Close ?

Nope.

is the answer jesus 02-10-2013 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Have My Baby Pierre (Post 59468477)
No chance Toronto trades any young assets, their fan base and media would go INSANE. Also, Reimer has been good so far.

There's a lot of pressure in Toronto though and their goaltending has killed them year in and year out. I realize Reimer has played well, but how commited are they to him? Toronto absolutely shouldn't be trading any of their young assets, but that doesn't mean they wouldn't the Kessel trade is certainly proof of that.

Jame 02-10-2013 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VanekTheMvp (Post 59468951)
Miller
Adam
Brennan

Neuvirth
Alzner
Forsberg

Close ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stop Winnin (Post 59469031)
Nope.

that's a pretty good deal...

is the answer jesus 02-10-2013 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jame (Post 59468713)
we could buy out bryz after a test drive :dunno:

i'd do anything to get couturier...

Honestly if Couturier is on the table I'd take on Bryzgalov, but I doubt Philly is that desperate to move his contract.