HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Value of: Goligoski to the NYI (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1347159)

CREW99AW 02-11-2013 12:07 AM

Goligoski to the NYI

Both Vis and Streit become ufas this summer. Vis seems to be fitting in,, but I doubt he stays in the NHL, I doubt Snow can get him signed to an extension.

Streit is no longer worth the $4.1m he makes. Some team will overpay him this summer.The Isles pmd are inexperienced kids:Hickey,Donovan, De Haan, Ness.

Goligoski's struggling in Dallas this season, but that could be because he's being asked to take on more responsibility. On LI, he'd replace Streit on the 2nd pairing.

Isles first rounder could be included, but I think Snow would want to know where he'd be picking before including his first.

What would the cost be, to bring Goligoski to the Isles this summer?

ReverendAlBundy 02-11-2013 12:22 AM

Something based around Goligoski for Okposo.

IslesRock4 02-11-2013 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReverendAlBundy (Post 59473113)

Isles would absolutely be interested in that.

19NYSports91 02-11-2013 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IslesRock4 (Post 59473479)
Isles would absolutely be interested in that.

Yea they definitely would be, I wish we would trade for a right-handed defenseman though.

CRSeven 02-11-2013 12:37 AM

Quote:

I like that.

19NYSports91 02-11-2013 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xAlex916 (Post 59473607)
I like that.

How's Phillip Larsen doing? I barely get to see the west teams play. I seen him play a good amount last year, I'm a big fan.

Mr Misty 02-11-2013 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 19NYSports91 (Post 59473685)
How's Phillip Larsen doing? I barely get to see the west teams play. I seen him play a good amount last year, I'm a big fan.

You, me, the entire Stars board, martians, GMJN, literally everyone except Gully. It is infuriating that he is being scratched while Goligoski and Robidas have been stinking up the joint. Maybe some undisciplined penalties, but he was the only defenseman with a goal through 11 games, and is the only one who looks useful on the powerplay.

What is so great about Okposo (no offense, there isn't really a spot for him in the top 6)? If we move a defenseman I would rather a decent big defenseman come back.

19NYSports91 02-11-2013 12:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Misty (Post 59473999)
You, me, the entire Stars board, martians, GMJN, literally everyone except Gully. It is infuriating that he is being scratched while Goligoski and Robidas have been stinking up the joint. Maybe some undisciplined penalties, but he was the only defenseman with a goal through 11 games, and is the only one who looks useful on the powerplay.

What is so great about Okposo (no offense, there isn't really a spot for him in the top 6)? If we move a defenseman I would rather a decent big defenseman come back.

We don't have a big defenseman lol.

Btw, I loved Okposo's game his first 2 seasons in the league, then he kind of got away from it. I think he needs a good coach to push him to be honest.

ReverendAlBundy 02-11-2013 12:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Misty (Post 59473999)

Okposo is basically a younger, better, more useful version of Morrow. He can step in and play a role similar to what the coaching staff expects of Morrow, but with the ability to actually do it. Think the Benn-Jagr duo except with a winger who can actually win puck battles instead of Morrow

Mr Misty 02-11-2013 01:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReverendAlBundy (Post 59474301)
Okposo is basically a younger, better, more useful version of Morrow. He can step in and play a role similar to what the coaching staff expects of Morrow, but with the ability to actually do it. Think the Benn-Jagr duo except with a winger who can actually win puck battles instead of Morrow

Sounds good, except that type of player is low on the list of needs IMO. If they shop Goligoski I would hope they can get a big defensive defenseman.

ReverendAlBundy 02-11-2013 01:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Misty (Post 59474533)
Sounds good, except that type of player is low on the list of needs IMO. If they shop Goligoski I would hope they can get a big defensive defenseman.

We have big defensemen galore in the prospect pool. We also have a lot of wingers, but none of them are really crash and bangers like Okposo. A net front presence is crucial, and it's quite obvious Morrow doesn't have a spot on this team anymore.

StrongIslanders90 02-11-2013 01:44 AM

Quote:

this makes sense for both teams...

Why has Goligoski been in the dog house in Big???

StrongIslanders90 02-11-2013 01:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReverendAlBundy (Post 59474301)

Morrow is probablly more physical than Okie..

ReverendAlBundy 02-11-2013 01:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StrongIslanders90 (Post 59475441)
Morrow is probablly more physical than Okie..

Used to be.. Morrow isn't the player he once was.

Mr Misty 02-11-2013 02:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StrongIslanders90 (Post 59475395)
this makes sense for both teams...

Why has Goligoski been in the dog house in Big???

There were high hopes that he could produce in Dallas, which he did while Richards ran the pp, but he hasn't been able to take over that role (40 year low for power play goals in an NHL season last year). It is starting to wear on his confidence, and he is in a low-confidence-bad game-lower confidence-bad game spiral. Also he signed a big contract and was traded for James Neal, who is pretty good at scoring goals when he plays with Malkin.