HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   St. Louis Blues (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Jake Allen (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1347217)

stlweir 02-11-2013 01:45 AM

Jake Allen

Looks like Allen starts Monday night. Big game for him. A good game and he may get another start.

BlueDream 02-11-2013 02:06 AM

Halak is starting.

Good thing because Allen isn't ready.

stlweir 02-11-2013 02:17 AM

Just read Halak activated and Allen sent back to Peoria.

JustOneB4IDie 02-11-2013 02:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueDream (Post 59476795)
Halak is starting.

Good thing because Allen isn't ready.

When will Allen be ready I wonder :dunno: I know that his game in peoria has been inconsistant, but when will he get his chance? Or will Allen join the long list of failed goalie signings and draft picks by the Blues?

bleedblue1223 02-11-2013 03:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BleedBlue1967 (Post 59477347)
When will Allen be ready I wonder :dunno: I know that his game in peoria has been inconsistant, but when will he get his chance? Or will Allen join the long list of failed goalie signings and draft picks by the Blues?

After Elliott's contract is up after next season. That is when we will know if he can be a legit backup or if he is a failed prospect.

JustOneB4IDie 02-11-2013 03:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 (Post 59477515)
After Elliott's contract is up after next season. That is when we will know if he can be a legit backup or if he is a failed prospect.

That is if Elliott isn't waived before then, He's in Hitchcock's doghouse now.

sh724 02-11-2013 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BleedBlue1967 (Post 59477535)
That is if Elliott isn't waived before then, He's in Hitchcock's doghouse now.

I do not see the Blues waiving him (or any one else) unless they have to for a roster spot. Right now nobody would claim him and if they sent him to Peoria than they still have to pay him his full salary plus the increase in salary from whomever they call up. The Blues do not have the money to be putting contracts in the AHL.

MattyMo35 02-11-2013 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sh724 (Post 59489819)
I do not see the Blues waiving him (or any one else) unless they have to for a roster spot. Right now nobody would claim him and if they sent him to Peoria than they still have to pay him his full salary plus the increase in salary from whomever they call up. The Blues do not have the money to be putting contracts in the AHL.

I strongly disagree. At the very worst, they get an experience back up. At best, they get the better half of the Jennings Trophy duo on a decent contract.

STLBLUES44 02-11-2013 03:28 PM

we should trade elliott for a 2nd rounder (just cuz this looks like a great draft) that is if halak is fully healthy and we trust allen or someone to be the backup. If not then trade elliott at the draft and hopefully he can bounce back from this shaky start.

If we decide allen isn't ready for next year then i guess just keep him. I just think this would be a great draft to have 3 2nd rounders in that we could use to either trade up for a 1st or to just draft some good players in the 2nd round. I'm thinking kujawinski, roy and zadorov or something idk.

STLBLUES44 02-11-2013 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sh724 (Post 59489819)

I bet the leafs, isles, oilers(as a backup to dubnyk), columbus, Montreal(backup) or the crapitals would. I know a bunch of them have goalies they like I.E. columbus bobbo and mason. so i know some of these are stretches but i think those teams would all atleast consider it.

JustOneB4IDie 02-12-2013 04:06 PM

Renaud Lavoie via twitter: Blue goalie Jaroslav Halak (groin) will probably be out for a week. Jeremy Rutherford via twitter: The Blues have recalled goalie Jake Allen from the AHL.

I expect to see Allen start tomorrow nights game in Detroit. Let's see what the kid can do. :handclap:

STLBLUES44 02-12-2013 04:38 PM

AHL matchup of allen vs mrazek??

Vladys Gumption 02-12-2013 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by STLBLUES44 (Post 59500355)
I bet the leafs, isles, oilers(as a backup to dubnyk), columbus, Montreal(backup) or the crapitals would. I know a bunch of them have goalies they like I.E. columbus bobbo and mason. so i know some of these are stretches but i think those teams would all atleast consider it.

Lets put it this way...if you were a GM, would you pick Elliott up off waivers right now? I wouldn't.

HooliganX2 02-12-2013 06:16 PM

I will be really disappointed in Hitchcock if he doesn't give Allen the start I think he should have already started a game or 2. He really can't be worse then Elliott.

I don't expect Halak to be back in a week either groin strains are really hard to gauge. I don't know how many people have stained their groin but I can tell you it sucks. I don't play goal but I couldn't imagine playing goal with one due to the side to side movement. It's taken me a few months to recover from a stained groin.

STLBLUES44 02-12-2013 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BleedBlue247 (Post 59575999)
Lets put it this way...if you were a GM, would you pick Elliott up off waivers right now? I wouldn't.

It would depend on what team im the gm of. If I need a backup goalie that's proven he can play well when called upon then yeah i would. I don't want him as a starter but as a backup absolutely

Blue Note 02-12-2013 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HooliganX2 (Post 59577151)
I will be really disappointed in Hitchcock if he doesn't give Allen the start I think he should have already started a game or 2. He really can't be worse then Elliott.

I was just talking about this the other day, I know its not all Ells fault, some shaky defense and odd man rushes, but if Allen lets in 4 a night that's a 20% improvement...

bluemandan 02-13-2013 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BleedBlue247 (Post 59575999)

Joey MacDonald got picked up off waivers. I bet somebody would take a flyer on Elliott.

That isn't to say we couldn't sneak him through waivers while other teams are distracted, but 9 times out of 10 Elliott would get picked up.

JustOneB4IDie 02-13-2013 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluemandan (Post 59621777)
Joey MacDonald got picked up off waivers.

By Calgary, who now have 4 NHL goalies albeit 3 are backups and Kipps is injured. I'm sure they would make it 5 and pick up Elliott as well :laugh:

Robb_K 02-13-2013 09:42 PM

Allen looked pretty good against Detroit. I hope he plays Friday. The Blues look confident again with him in net.

Dolph Ziggler 02-13-2013 10:44 PM

1-0 and he is getting a start against a sub par team in Calgary on Friday.

Mike Liut 02-13-2013 10:52 PM

Allen looks quick and reminds me a little of Cujo

Randall Ritchey 02-13-2013 11:06 PM

Allen confirmed starter Friday. Kid deserves to start.

2 Minute Minor 02-13-2013 11:09 PM

He was hung out to dry on the first goal....and let in two bad goals. But he also made a few big saves, and looked most confident and solid when the game was on the line. You could sense the team gaining confidence in him.

But man, I loved watching his puck-handling. He nearly got an assist on that PP chance when he caught the Redwings in a line change. I could really come to enjoy watching a goalie with those kinds of puck-handling abilities.

JustOneB4IDie 02-14-2013 05:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Randall Ritchey (Post 59685835)
Allen confirmed starter Friday. Kid deserves to start.

Yes he does! :handclap:

STL Hockey* 02-14-2013 09:55 AM

Everyone is just excited because a goalie actually didnt make an idiot out of himself no offense as being a goaltender he didnt play that great...yes he made a nice stop on cleary but you cant be letting in goals 2 and 3. I know i know hes a rookie, however the Blues seemed to play like "o sh** we cant give up anymore shots on this guy or they could go in" after the second period hince the reason why DET im pretty sure didnt have more than 6 shots after the 1st lol