HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: Iginla to the devils (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1347221)

JKreDibLe 02-11-2013 02:07 AM

Iginla to the devils

What would it take to land him him with NJ

sansabri 02-11-2013 02:14 AM

probably something around Larsson.

MadDevil 02-11-2013 02:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sansabri (Post 59476893)

And that's not going to happen.

Remember2004 02-11-2013 02:31 AM

Quote:

A Flames fan can only dream.... :cry: Maybe 3-4 years ago yeah but

not now.

Carolinas Identity 02-11-2013 02:33 AM

Elias. same age, same production ;)

sansabri 02-11-2013 02:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MadDevil (Post 59477003)
And that's not going to happen.

agreed.

Avs44 02-11-2013 02:39 AM

Quote:

Iginla would never fetch something like that now. A few years ago, maybe. Now? Not a chance.

Sergei Shirokov 02-11-2013 02:41 AM

Maybe something around Josefson+ might work? (Just a neutral fan throwing stuff out there)

No chance he gets Larsson or Henrique though.

manilaNJ 02-11-2013 02:46 AM

More than it'd be worth it to get back a rental.

Josefson might become expendable - but that depends on a bunch of factors.

Namely the severity of Zubrus' injury and the ability of the newer additions (Matteau/Butler/Loktionov) to stick around with NHL club.

Plus, a defenseman would have to go Calgary's way and I don't see them needing another.

sansabri 02-11-2013 02:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avs44 (Post 59477185)
Iginla would never fetch something like that now. A few years ago, maybe. Now? Not a chance.

?

you make it sound as if Iginla is in the twilight of his career. he might be 35 - but the man is in great shape and hasn't missed a game in over 5 years.

he's still one of the better RWs out there who consistently puts up 30+ goals. for sure the asking price would be different if Iginla wanted out of Calgary.

HighLifeMan 02-11-2013 03:54 AM

Merrill and a 1st round pick would be what interests Calgary. I don't see NJ parting with yet another 1st round pick anytime soon however given the circumstances.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY* 02-11-2013 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HighLifeMan (Post 59477789)
Merrill and a 1st round pick would be what interests Calgary. I don't see NJ parting with yet another 1st round pick anytime soon however given the circumstances.

I'd throw your way...

Henrik Tallinder, John Merrill and our 1st for Jarome Iginla.

- Tallinder is a solid middle pairing d-men but with the surplus of bodys atm, he's been a healthy scratch for the past couple of games now.

- John Merrill has the potential to be a top pairing d-men and if he doesn't reach that potential, he'll be a lock as a 2nd pairing d-men.

- Despite having to forfeit our 1st in the next 2 drafts, I'd take a gamble on trading our 2013 pick if a package can bring Iginla to Jersey.

Zajacs Bowl Cut 02-11-2013 07:49 AM

man, its SO SO tempting

but in the end I think it would cost too much for a guy that is likely only going to be here a few months.

Devilish Predator 02-11-2013 08:00 AM

I would do a trade such as Merril + Tallinder + (Conditional Pick)

The conditional would have to be depending on him signing obviously, but I don't see the trade working if he doesn't deside to agree to sign.

Although I will say, I don't watch the man enough because he is opposite coasts, but I wouldn't see why he would not want to re-sign if the situation arrouse. I feel he would fit in NJ quite well, and since we are trying to win ASAP, I feel that would peak his appeal as well.

Bourne Endeavor 02-11-2013 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sansabri (Post 59477369)
?

you make it sound as if Iginla is in the twilight of his career. he might be 35 - but the man is in great shape and hasn't missed a game in over 5 years.

he's still one of the better RWs out there who consistently puts up 30+ goals. for sure the asking price would be different if Iginla wanted out of Calgary.

He is still a rental, nearing the end of his career. While is productivity remains solid, it is not to the extent it once was. Both are heavy factors against what any team would offer. Larsson is far too much.

GameSeven 02-11-2013 08:19 AM

Quote:

Maybe Merrill and a conditional first. The condition being he resigns or the team makes the SCF. Otherwise the pick becomes our second.

sansabri 02-11-2013 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bourne Endeavor (Post 59480523)
He is still a rental, nearing the end of his career. While is productivity remains solid, it is not to the extent it once was. Both are heavy factors against what any team would offer. Larsson is far too much.

you're right. i forgot that he was up for a new contract. i still think he could fetch a good prospect or two. he has a good few more years in him.

Zippy316 02-11-2013 08:39 AM

I'd love this, but the Devils don't have the pieces to get it done.

It'll have to involve Tallinder or Volchenkov + Matteau/Josefson + defensive prospect like Burlon and a pick to get it done.

Unless Im overestimating Iginlas value but I'd think that's what he'd be leaving Calgary for if they trade him.

That's what the Devils could best offer, but we don't need Iginla, we need a top six left wing in the mold of Raymond, or someone that meshes well with Zajac and Kovalchuk.

MartyForVezina 02-11-2013 08:47 AM

Quote:

You guys are all nuts. Including Devils fans offering our 1st, our top prospect in the system (Merrill), and Tallinder.

So we should give up more for a 35 year old Iginla who had a down season last year (and is off to a bad start this year; yes I know he has no one around him) than what we gave up for Kovy? I don't think so.

Hell, look at the Nash deal. Iginla is worth much, much less than Nash, who is younger and WAS SIGNED FOR SIX YEARS.

Devilish Predator 02-11-2013 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zippy316 (Post 59481267)
I'd love this, but the Devils don't have the pieces to get it done.

It'll have to involve Tallinder or Volchenkov + Matteau/Josefson + defensive prospect like Burlon and a pick to get it done.

Unless Im overestimating Iginlas value but I'd think that's what he'd be leaving Calgary for if they trade him.

That's what the Devils could best offer, but we don't need Iginla, we need a top six left wing in the mold of Raymond, or someone that meshes well with Zajac and Kovalchuk.

I do believe you are over doing Iginla's worth a bit, maybe DMan (Tally-Volch) + Josefson + Conditional Pick depending on whether he agrees to sign or not, then make it a Second.

But I do agree with you on the fact that we need a top 6 LW to mesh with Zajac and/or run the second line, but I'd rather a 1st line LW. Doesn't have to be "Mr Number One" like some teams are ALWAYS looking for ((sorry NYR) not really though), but someone who can get the job done and more.

sansabri 02-11-2013 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MartyForVezina (Post 59481529)
Hell, look at the Nash deal. Iginla is worth much, much less than Nash, who is younger and WAS SIGNED FOR SIX YEARS.

Nash asked for a trade, though.

britdevil 02-11-2013 09:07 AM

Merril, Tallinder, 1st

For

Iginla, 2nd

MartyForVezina 02-11-2013 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sansabri (Post 59481907)
Nash asked for a trade, though.

That makes no difference. Iginla is a UFA in in his twilight years, and he isn't getting another shot at the Cup if he stays in Calgary. You overvalued the hell out of him. Larsson + ?? That's just absurd.

Take a look at both the Nash and Kovy trades again, then justify how Iginla is worth Larsson+.

Zajacs Bowl Cut 02-11-2013 09:11 AM

Iginla's value is more than just that he is 35 and a pending UFA

that would be like us trading Elias this season if we were somehow out of it. he means more to the franchise than a guy normally in that situation.

britdevil 02-11-2013 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zajacs Bowl Cut (Post 59482263)
Iginla's value is more than just that he is 35 and a pending UFA

that would be like us trading Elias this season if we were somehow out of it. he means more to the franchise than a guy normally in that situation.

Exactly, I doubt it's going to happen. Unless Iginla wants it too.

It would be awesome to have him for the playoffs though. A man can dream.