HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Injury Report: Sean Couturier (flu) practiced (Feb. 14); returned Feb. 15 at NJD (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1347747)

MiamiScreamingEagles 02-11-2013 07:03 PM

Sean Couturier (flu) practiced (Feb. 14); returned Feb. 15 at NJD
 
Per Sam @ Philadelphia Inquirer:

Quote:

Sounds like Couturier (flu) will be sent home and will not go to Winnipeg for Tues. game
-------------------

Quote:

Sean Couturier missed the game with the flu and reportedly was sent back to Philadelphia. Adirondack's Harry Zolnierczyk will join the team in Winnipeg, according to the Glens Falls Post-Star.
http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/i...nowhere--.html

Cyborg LeClair 02-11-2013 08:04 PM

They're missing him dearly tonight against the Maple Leafs

JustJim 02-11-2013 11:32 PM

What has he done so far?
 
I don't think they missed him. Couts is having a sophomore slump, but the rest of the offense looks like deers in the headlights. This team does not have a single sniper on it's roster. The teams who face them have no fear against the Flyers offense. It's pathetic!

CyborgLindros 02-11-2013 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustJim (Post 59539715)
I don't think they missed him. Couts is having a sophomore slump, but the rest of the offense looks like deers in the headlights. This team does not have a single sniper on it's roster. The teams who face them have no fear against the Flyers offense. It's pathetic!

Not only is Couts possibly the best defensive forward on the team. He's been playing amazing on both ends. His line seems to be getting more pressure than the top line, the points haven't come but they will.

dats81 02-12-2013 01:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CyborgLindros (Post 59540459)
Not only is Couts possibly the best defensive forward on the team. He's been playing amazing on both ends. His line seems to be getting more pressure than the top line, the points haven't come but they will.

He is playing worse than last year, blowing his coverage more than once in a while, not ready to handle extended minutes....it's a growing process.
But our other premium defensive forwards like Talbot or Fedotenko suck even more so it is what it is..

GoneFullHextall 02-12-2013 01:59 AM

I am not worried about Couturier at all. Hes been the least of the problems so far. Sure hes had some bumps this year but the guy is 20 for God sakes.
The guy is a rock solid part of the future.

ORYX 02-12-2013 08:43 AM

From an offensive standpoint, he is putting up a better PPG then last season.

Last Season: 0.3506
This Season: 0.4166

So far thats a marginal increase in offensive production, but as others have said, his defensive coverage has shown a few mistakes. Could be a result of the 4 extra minutes a game on average he is playing, or no reason at all.

Hardly would call him slumping.

dats81 02-12-2013 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ORYX (Post 59548813)
From an offensive standpoint, he is putting up a better PPG then last season.

Last Season: 0.3506
This Season: 0.4166

So far thats a marginal increase in offensive production, but as others have said, his defensive coverage has shown a few mistakes. Could be a result of the 4 extra minutes a game on average he is playing, or no reason at all.

Hardly would call him slumping.

He better should be.

He played on the 4th line for most of last season and now he is on the 2nd/3rd line, even seeing some PPT.

FreshPerspective 02-12-2013 10:37 AM

Couturier has been inconsistent for the most part but he's still invaluable. People forget how young the kid is....he's taken on a prominent role on the team and has done pretty well when all is considered. Not really worried although it would be nice if we had some impact vets to cushion his role.

BernieParent 02-12-2013 12:27 PM

As long as it's the flu and not the "flu".

Appleyard 02-12-2013 02:44 PM

Couts had a poor first 4 games... but since then has been our best defensive forward by a mile.

BackWithaVengeance 02-12-2013 02:51 PM

Still can't believe we got him with the 8th pick.

MiamiScreamingEagles 02-13-2013 06:29 PM

Right now, questionable for Friday.

MiamiScreamingEagles 02-14-2013 10:33 AM

Couturier is practicing on a 4th line.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:12 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.