HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Value of: Abdelkater to the Oilers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1347823)

backhandsauce 02-11-2013 07:48 PM

Abdelkater to the Oilers

Whitney and Omark? Oilers desperately need energy and grit in the bottom six.

THW 02-11-2013 08:00 PM

Detroit needs defensive minded defensemen with right a handed shot. You can have Cleary for a box of Tim Bits.

oilwings 02-11-2013 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Okanagan Oil (Post 59518321)
Whitney and Omark? Oilers desperately need energy and grit in the bottom six.

As a fan of both teams it's a huge NO from the Wings. Renney had Omark in Edmonton and totally hates him. Whitney is done as a NHLer. The Oilers would love Abdelkader.

WeridAl 02-11-2013 08:19 PM

First off this is not enough for Justin Abdelkader the way Whitney is playing and I don't see any Wings fan liking this proposal. Justin Abdelkader would be nice with the Oilers, but their full of LW 3/4 liners, if he was a RWer I'd be all for it, pass.

oilwings 02-11-2013 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WeridAl (Post 59522439)
First off this is not enough for Justin Abdelkader the way Whitney is playing and I don't see any Wings fan liking this proposal. Justin Abdelkader would be nice with the Oilers, but their full of LW 3/4 liners, if he was a RWer I'd be all for it, pass.

Justin can play on the 3LW and Smyth can be eating popcorn up in the Press Box for all I care.

roboninja 02-11-2013 08:35 PM

I do it as an EDM fan.

But I cannot argue with the counterpoints from DET fans with a good conscience.

SoupNazi 02-11-2013 08:38 PM

Big no from the Red Wings.

P U L L H A R D 02-11-2013 08:45 PM

Abby + Cleary for Klefbom. OK SWEET

Roof Daddy 02-11-2013 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eternal Sunshine (Post 59526125)
Abby + Cleary for Klefbom. OK SWEET

Make it Abby and Helm and I'd do it... and I'm as big a Klefbom fan as any, but Helm has always been a fave of mine. Abdelkader-Helm-Paajarvi would be a sweet 3rd line.

Viqsi 02-11-2013 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roof Daddy (Post 59531175)
Make it Abby and Helm and I'd do it... and I'm as big a Klefbom fan as any, but Helm has always been a fave of mine. Abdelkader-Helm-Paajarvi would be a sweet 3rd line.

Wings' fans general responses to trading Helm make our responses to inquiries re: Johansen look downright tame.

WeridAl 02-11-2013 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oilwings (Post 59523675)
Justin can play on the 3LW and Smyth can be eating popcorn up in the Press Box for all I care.

I believe MPS is slotted in Smyth's spot when he retires (hopefully soon), and then there is Mitchell Moroz coming up in the next couple of years. The Oilers have a couple of others, the trade doesn't make sense, it's the top 6 that needs the grit and at RW, LW is loaded.

FlashyG 02-11-2013 10:28 PM

I don't think the deal in the OP is that far off. Abdelkader isn't someone the Wings would view as untradeable. Most Wings fans would want Dan Cleary involved in the deal as well. To free up a roster spot for one of the prospects we have ready to jump to the NHL level.

Omark is intriguing to the Red Wings as he would be able to re-unite with Zetterberg and Brunner who he seemed to have great chemistry with in Switzerland.

Not sure about Whitney though, offensively I think he'd be a good fit for the Wings but they already have quite a few LH shots on the blueline and his +/- numbers are a little scary for a team that already has defensive issues.

Quote:

Originally Posted by WeridAl (Post 59522439)

For the past couple seasons he has been a center for the Wings, although with the exception of his faceoff abilities he's better suited as a winger.

needzmoarcleary 02-11-2013 10:33 PM

As a wings fan I wouldn't mind packaging abby in a trade and most of this is just based on his play this season. I don't hate the guy just haven't seen a whole lot from his year. The way I look at it, if it helps us why not, we got plenty of guys in GR.

Mr Forever 02-11-2013 11:22 PM

Would Detroit be interested in any of our Swedes?

Paajarvi, Omark or Klefbom?

As a package or individually?

I'm not really familiar with Detroits players, would you have any big wingers, a 2C or shut down D you'd be willing to part with?

Vatican Roulette 02-11-2013 11:37 PM

Whitney is a no go for the Wings. MPS would would be something the Wings would look at.

If anything, the Wings are looking for the same things the Oilers are, so I dont see a deal being made...unless its a prospect trade.

CupofOil 02-12-2013 12:04 AM

Quote:

You want to trade Klefbom for 2 bottom 6 players? Oh My. :shakehead

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Forever (Post 59539253)
Would Detroit be interested in any of our Swedes?

Paajarvi, Omark or Klefbom?

As a package or individually?

I'm not really familiar with Detroits players, would you have any big wingers, a 2C or shut down D you'd be willing to part with?

Stop trying to trade off Klefbom.

RedWinger10 02-12-2013 01:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by datsykiandeke (Post 59535739)
As a wings fan I wouldn't mind packaging abby in a trade and most of this is just based on his play this season. I don't hate the guy just haven't seen a whole lot from his year. The way I look at it, if it helps us why not, we got plenty of guys in GR.

Yeah but not for Omark and Whitney. Maybe for one of the Schultz d men...

InjuredChoker 02-12-2013 06:13 AM

Håkan Andersson is really high on Klefbom.. But I think Oilers keep him.

joestevens29 02-12-2013 10:56 AM

Quote:

That's brutal for the Oil. As much as I'd take both on my team, I'm not giving a blue chip prospect for the two of them.

Mr Forever 02-12-2013 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CupofOil (Post 59541117)
You want to trade Klefbom for 2 bottom 6 players? Oh My. :shakehead

Stop trying to trade off Klefbom.

If I could involve him in a package for a better player, I would. He's not Jesus.

If something like Paajarvi, Klefbom and a pick grab us a big 2C and a solid developed NHL D-man, why wouldn't you do it?

solo16 02-12-2013 11:24 AM

Abs is an odd guy to trade. The wings really do not need him with the number of bottom 6ers they have at the moment so he is trade-able. That being said hes got work ethic, size, some scoring upside and is young. Only other guy they have like that is Sheahan. Andersson is a step behind Abs imo.

I see him being a McCarthy/Lapointe/Maltby type. Somewhere in that trio of players. For now he is a solid bottom 6er and could rotate up the lines as he ages. He is one of those players that always has a spot on your team.

Wings fans are tough on him because in many ways Miller, Eaves, Samuelson, Tartar, Nyquist, Andersson, Sheahan, Helm, Mursak, Tootoo, Emmerton, Cleary, and Bertuzzi are more useful players from an offensive perspective and many are better from a Pking perspective (not saying much). His only comparable in that group is Miller. (Abs is faster, younger, bigger) (Miller is a better pker and a slightly better scorer, 3 yrs older).

But if you look at our team and who has the best chance of being a dominant net front guy in 2/3 years, its Abs. Really only Abs. So the wings keep him unless a nice package is put up or something higher than a 2nd round pick. He's only 25 and is a team guy through and through.

Cyborg Yzerman 02-12-2013 11:39 AM

A deal could totally be arranged for Abdelkader. Just not for what's offered. Detroit has a gluttony of bottom 6 guys right now, something could easily be arranged.