HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Chicago Blackhawks (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Post Game Talk: Ducks win in shootout over Hawks (3-2) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1348945)

Blackhawkswincup 02-12-2013 11:04 PM

Ducks win in shootout over Hawks (3-2)

Continue here

10-0-3 but a game Hawks blew with late goal and awful PP

MadhouseOnMadison 02-12-2013 11:10 PM

If the SO is going to remain a factor in this league we really need to give more attention to it. Sit these guys down on their off days and make them watch endless amounts of videos of other goaltenders and their tendencies. Obviously that wouldn't have helped us tonight but the rest of the league bends us over on SOs too and we're losing points as a result.

IU Hawks fan 02-12-2013 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MadhouseOnMadison (Post 59617859)
If the SO is going to remain a factor in this league we really need to give more attention to it. Sit these guys down on their off days and make them watch endless amounts of videos of other goaltenders and their tendencies. Obviously that wouldn't have helped us tonight but the rest of the league bends us over on SOs too and we're losing points as a result.

Eh, they'll probably end up somewhere right around .500. It's a crapshoot, and not worth sweating over. They don't need to waste time focusing on shootouts, IMO, they just need to make sure games don't get to shootouts. SEE: careless play with under 3 minutes left to allow an equalizer.

ndgt10 02-12-2013 11:14 PM

This team blows in shootouts.

Sir Psycho T 02-12-2013 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IU Hawks fan (Post 59618077)
Eh, they'll probably end up somewhere right around .500. It's a crapshoot, and not worth sweating over. They don't need to waste time focusing on shootouts, IMO, they just need to make sure games don't get to shootouts. SEE: careless play with under 3 minutes left to allow an equalizer.

Add 3+ minutes of PP in OT and no goals.

I agree, SO isn't worth that much worry. When games really matter it's endless OT anyway. Would rather they focus on getting the PP better.

MurrayBannerman 02-12-2013 11:16 PM

Saad had a damn good move, Fasth just made an equally good save.

digdug41982 02-12-2013 11:20 PM

He beat him, has him down, just couldn't finish, I like him as No. 3 for at least 5 more whether he scores or not.

lilfrenchfella 02-12-2013 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MurrayBannerman (Post 59618311)

agreed

BronYrAur 02-12-2013 11:33 PM

Hawks went into shell with 19 minutes left in game up 1. Of course they gave up a goal. Not sure why they have no desire to try to possess the puck in offensive zone with a lead in the 3rd period....ever.

Team needs more puck possession, eventually more shots will find their way through against them.

No Fun Shogun 02-12-2013 11:34 PM

Loser point/2 points streak still alive.

x Tame Impala 02-13-2013 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sir Psycho T (Post 59618299)
Add 3+ minutes of PP in OT and no goals.

I agree, SO isn't worth that much worry. When games really matter it's endless OT anyway. Would rather they focus on getting the PP better.

Seconded

Madhouse Mafia 02-13-2013 12:19 AM

Not too disappointed, personally. Still played a good game. I find it hard to be negative about this team considering this is virtually the same team we had last year that just couldn't get anything going. Baring injury only place to go is up. And Crawford.. He's beast this year. Plain and simple.

jrc494 02-13-2013 12:21 AM

Main things to take away:

-PP needs work
-Saad is god
-Bickell looked like someone lot a fire under his ass and was just crushing guys left and right.

Sarava 02-13-2013 12:21 AM

It's hard to be disappointed when you get a point in the first game home after a long roadtrip. These games usually don't end well.

Bubba88 02-13-2013 12:29 AM

13 games without being beaten in regulation...

Kane had a bad game but I say it's allowed for now

LandofLincoln* 02-13-2013 12:32 AM

Happy to pick up a point against the best team in the Pacific Division. Getting a point while you are tops in the Conference is better than getting a point with three games to go chasing a playoff spot when you need 2 points every game.

We weren't our best, but first game back against a solid team. Crawford deserved 2 points. We may have to get younger blood on the PP Stalberg, Hossa, Saad & Leddy.

Sharp needs to be given a breather from the PP unit for a few weeks. My other PP Toews, Kane, Hjalmarsson & Keith

Bubba88 02-13-2013 12:39 AM

How the hell did Krüger ended up with 70% on the FOs? Really, I thought he lost more than he won

madgoat33 02-13-2013 05:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MurrayBannerman (Post 59618311)

yea low shot fails, what a surprise. unless you're just shooting like toews did, you should probably be elevating the puck. the whole point of the deking is to get the goalie down and or out, but then why shoot it where he can still make the save?

BobbyJet 02-13-2013 07:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bubba88 (Post 59622725)
How the hell did Krüger ended up with 70% on the FOs? Really, I thought he lost more than he won

He once again lost the most important ones. I'm getting sick of him and Bolland's ineptness at the dot. And why Q didn't have Toews out there to take the draw when Hawks were 5 on 3 is mind boggling. We were lucky to escape it after another clean loss of a face-off led to an onslaught of scoring chances.

Marotte Marauder 02-13-2013 07:11 AM

Kruger did win a couple cleanly on the PK and I thought it was his best overall game as a Hawk.

Can we wheel Johnson out to take a key draw now and again? :laugh:

Nothingman* 02-13-2013 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BobbyJet (Post 59627145)
He once again lost the most important ones. I'm getting sick of him and Bolland's ineptness at the dot. And why Q didn't have Toews out there to take the draw when Hawks were 5 on 3 is mind boggling. We were lucky to escape it after another clean loss of a face-off led to an onslaught of scoring chances.

So PP face off wins are not important? Thanks for that bit of ignorant information.

IU Hawks fan 02-13-2013 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LandofLincoln (Post 59622491)
We may have to get younger blood on the PP Stalberg, Hossa, Saad & Leddy.

Sharp needs to be given a breather from the PP unit for a few weeks. My other PP Toews, Kane, Hjalmarsson & Keith

The power play is bad enough playing at full strength.

But the Hawks have been good 4 on 4, so maybe you're onto something here...

IU Hawks fan 02-13-2013 07:59 AM

And LOL at Bobby calling Kruger 'inept' at the dot despite going 70%. So stupid...

ChiGuySez 02-13-2013 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sarava (Post 59622027)
It's hard to be disappointed when you get a point in the first game home after a long roadtrip. These games usually don't end well.

Pretty much this.

Game was a trap. The air was let out after the long road trip. They need to re-inflate for the next games.

Despite the point its a still a very tight race.

Kurtosis 02-13-2013 08:18 AM

This whole faceoff thing is really ratcheting up in the annoying department.