HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   General Fantasy Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Would you veto this trade? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1348989)

Alexsin 02-13-2013 12:49 AM

Would you veto this trade?

We disagree in my league about what should be vetoed.

This is the case we are debating about right now: Kovalchuk for Wheeler & Conacher

No collusion but some feel it is not enough for Kovalchuk.

Would you veto this trade?

Your comments would be much appreciated so we can decide what should be vetoed, thanks.

edit, more info: Yahoo! 1 year 12 teams league

Schenn Bros Pizza* 02-13-2013 12:53 AM

I would if its a 10-12 team league. 2 for 1s are normally beneficial to the team getting the best player. And the team getting Kovalchuk can easily pick someone up who will put up similar numbers to Conacher/Wheeler. Now if its a deeper league where there are no decent free agents then I could see why this trade was made.

Schenn Bros Pizza* 02-13-2013 12:58 AM

Basically if there are free agents in your league that are similar to Wheeler or Conacher then the trade should be vetoed. The guy getting Kovalchuk would just go pick one up and then the trade basically looks like Kovalchuk for one of Wheeler/Conacher. I always try 2 for 1 trades because the 1 player is much harder to find than the other 2.

jokerboysmith 02-13-2013 08:32 AM

I would not veto...

Hutzler 02-13-2013 09:52 AM

No veto.

Vetos are for chumps...unless there is obvious collusion.

People have the right to accept or not accept a trade. There is a difference between a bad trade and collusion.

Randal Graves 02-13-2013 11:32 AM

I wouldn't veto. Its not a great trade but not terrible either.

Schenn Bros Pizza* 02-13-2013 04:08 PM

O really? So let's say Voracek is a FA in his league. So the guy getting Kovalchuk picks him up with his open slot after this trade. Kovy + Voracek for Wheeler + Conacher???? Joke of a trade.

Alexsin 02-13-2013 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kangiroux (Post 59649643)
O really? So let's say Voracek is a FA in his league. So the guy getting Kovalchuk picks him up with his open slot after this trade. Kovy + Voracek for Wheeler + Conacher???? Joke of a trade.

I think this illustrates very well why people shouldn't veto trades based on their opinion, problem is they might be wrong.

Voracek best season is 50 points.

Wheeler is underated, 64 points last season and to me potential 70 pts
Even in 12 players leagues there shouldn't be 70 pts players on the FA.

And Conacher, to me, as more value then a 50pts player for sure.

Now, Conacher is sure a risk, but it should be up to the manager to decide if the risk is worth it or not considering his team's context.

Sometimes risk does pay.

Exemple:

Two years ago I traded two rookies for Kovalchuk, Skinner and Subban.

Skinner was the perfect sell high exemple, Subban didn't start well but the other guy was a Habs fan and Kovalchuk didn't start good (buy low).

I was sure I totally screwed the other guy.

That was mid-december, here are the stats for the rest of the season (from January):

Skinner 37pts in 46 games
Subban 27pts in 43 games

Kovalchuk 40pts in 45 games

Skinner had only 3 points less the Kovalchuk and Subban became elite.

I ended up being the one screwed.

If they would have veto the trade they would have punish the guy they wanted to "protect" lol ridiculous... is Conacher going to continue producing Skinner style, who knows? But some owner decided to take that risk, and he should be allowed to, me thinks.

Schenn Bros Pizza* 02-14-2013 01:08 AM

So Wheeler = Kovalchuk??? Conacher hasn't proven anything and will not keep his current pace. Voracek = Conacher

ryanwb 02-14-2013 01:41 AM

I never veto trades, I think it's kinda lame.

Like said above, unless there is obvious collusion going on, (which I really don't think happens too often) virtually any trade is okay with me. If someone wants to get hosed who am I to stop them?

If someone in my league made this trade I wouldn't veto it, I would simply laugh at the guy who did it...

Paranoid Android 02-14-2013 01:45 AM

Who does the Kovalchuk side pick up and who does the other side have to drop?