HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Boston Bruins (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Brad Marchand: The Little Ball of Talent (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1349091)

ORRMAN 02-13-2013 08:30 AM

Brad Marchand: The Little Ball of Talent

Our best forward this season? I think it's a "pickem" between Krecji and Marchand.

Marchand's shot/release has improved over last season. His puck possession in the offensive zone has been pretyy amazing: he can move and stick-handle around opponents with ease; his skating/turning is as good or better than any other B; he's still getting under the skin of opponents.

I think he ought to be on the first PP unit. For all of the under-performance we're getting from Seguin (I am seeing slow improvement there, too), Marchand is in full beast mode.

So, is this the emergence of Brad Marchand, wherein he is fully realizing his natural talent?

Fire Sweeney 02-13-2013 08:47 AM

I agree. Both players create their own opportunities as well as setup their linemates who just don't capitalize. They would be league leaders in points if they were on a team that doesn't have a joke of a PP.

BobbyAwe 02-13-2013 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ORRMAN (Post 59627541)
Our best forward this season? I think it's a "pickem" between Krecji and Marchand.

Marchand's shot/release has improved over last season. His puck possession in the offensive zone has been pretyy amazing: he can move and stick-handle around opponents with ease; his skating/turning is as good or better than any other B; he's still getting under the skin of opponents.

I think he ought to be on the first PP unit. For all of the under-performance we're getting from Seguin (I am seeing slow improvement there, too), Marchand is in full beast mode.

So, is this the emergence of Brad Marchand, wherein he is fully realizing his natural talent?

He has tremendous talent but it's the "****-disturbing" reputation that mainly sticks in people's minds. Sort of like in the cases of Sanderson and Linseman. 25 goals in a 48 game season might do something to change that though, and i think he can do it. He's already on my all-time Bruin team potential-wise :yo:.

BrainOfJ 02-13-2013 09:11 AM

Not to be negative...but the production of Marchand and Krejci so far in this short season makes me really wonder what happened last year. The only thing that looks to have changed is the effort level

PlayMakers 02-13-2013 09:13 AM

7th Player.

The guy's got serious talent and the heart to match. Glad to see he's finally getting the credit he deserves.

TCL40 02-13-2013 09:15 AM

Marchand is dynamic and much stronger than his size would indicate.

He seems to be playing really well.

Krejci has magic hands and he is doing what he does best-feeding his line mates the puck so they can score or putting himself in a position to score.

Marchand is loud and brash and you notice him. Krejci is quiet and sneaky and before you know it he has an assist or a goal.

Oates2Neely 02-13-2013 09:17 AM

Marchand has been great, now imagine what happens when his bff Seguin wakes up! This team is playing great, and their top 'scorer' is still asleep at the wheel.

CamFan81 02-13-2013 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill Ladd (Post 59628555)
7th Player.

The guy's got serious talent and the heart to match. Glad to see he's finally getting the credit he deserves.

could he win the 7th?

Is he passing expectation? Or is he doing whats expected of him now?

This is not a knock on Marchand at all, but he's proven himself imo.

Oates2Neely 02-13-2013 09:24 AM

Thus far Dougie has the '7th' locked up IMO

Shoebottom 02-13-2013 09:26 AM

Marchand just ooozes confidence. And his compete level is amazing. Players with compete level like that are the most effective types of player. If Seguin had that, he'd be elite. There isn't much difference in skill between the two (Seguin being more talented), but the difference is that compete level. Too bad it can't be tought. We are very lucky with Marchand :handclap:

ToddRundgren 02-13-2013 09:27 AM

I think he already broke out. Probably would have scored 30 last year had he not missed six games. Maybe.

I have already said this for a couple years (when he made the 4th line so dominant), but I will say it again: he is the engine that drives this offense.

beaverjc 02-13-2013 09:33 AM

As crazy as it sounds Marchand may be one of the Bruins best players. I thought he was just an effort/grinder type but the kid is producing and looks impressive. Hats off to him and hopefully he keeps it rolling.

TCL40 02-13-2013 09:40 AM

One thing Marchand does well is skates well and protects the puck well. He keeps the puck by sheer determination and he is a pretty good skater. He can make the defense look foolish at times.

I suspect Ruff won't send Scott out on the ice when Marchand is out again.

PlayMakers 02-13-2013 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CamFan81 (Post 59628717)
could he win the 7th?

Is he passing expectation? Or is he doing whats expected of him now?

This is not a knock on Marchand at all, but he's proven himself imo.

I don't know, I remember seeing a post a couple weeks ago saying we should get a top line talent so Marchand could play on the third line "where he belongs." :shakehead

People discounted his potential in Providence. They wrote him off when he didn't produce in his first ~20 NHL games. They didn't think he deserved $4.5m when he signed his contract... He seems to be habitually underrated.

ToddRundgren 02-13-2013 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beaverjc (Post 59629139)
As crazy as it sounds Marchand may be one of the Bruins best players. I thought he was just an effort/grinder type but the kid is producing and looks impressive. Hats off to him and hopefully he keeps it rolling.

Not crazy at all. Look how he got himself promoted from the 4th line to the 2nd. Look at what he did in the Cup playoffs. That was all skill.

Braunbaer 02-13-2013 09:56 AM

If he just wasn't as dirty ...

Can't add very much to the thing already mentioned, but I have to ask ... why now? He's been that player for a long time.

22Brad Park 02-13-2013 10:09 AM

I watched Marchand in Quebec League Will his team past my fav in 7 games .Ccoming back from down 3 games to 1 and scoring in Overtime twice he did.He was and still is hated here by most.He gave finger too crowd too haha and was called bad names alot by many ,lol but have to say love him now :) He is a BIG GAME PLAYER ALWAYS WAS!

TCL40 02-13-2013 10:10 AM

I also think the fact that he is a good player and an agitator makes other team's fans hate him even more. I kind of like that and I know I would probably hate him if he wasn't a Bruin.

He is an effective player when he is on his game.

bigcat188 02-13-2013 10:13 AM

Marchand and Krejci are carrying this team time to make a move.

Whiskey Sam 02-13-2013 10:16 AM

Marchand is by far my favorite player on this roster. That kid has a knack for seizing the moment and scoring timely goals. And that he does it with piss and vinegar makes it that much better.

WBC8 02-13-2013 10:19 AM

Best Bruins forward.... IMO of course...

hoss75 02-13-2013 10:22 AM

As annoying as his antics are sometimes... the thing about Marchand, that you can't say about a lot of mouthy pro athletes, is he walks the walk. The guy goes full bore, creates opportunities, and make plays....most every game.

4ORRBRUIN 02-13-2013 10:23 AM

Fans around the league have no idea how good this kid is. He is money.

WBC8 02-13-2013 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill Ladd (Post 59629647)
I don't know, I remember seeing a post a couple weeks ago saying we should get a top line talent so Marchand could play on the third line "where he belongs." :shakehead

People discounted his potential in Providence. They wrote him off when he didn't produce in his first ~20 NHL games. They didn't think he deserved $4.5m when he signed his contract... He seems to be habitually underrated.

One thing I was right about, along with yourself (you are right more, I'm sure :laugh:) was we identified Marchand as a core player and said he should get 4-4.5 mil over 5-6 years before he got that 2.5 per deal...

I love this kid. His skill level is second to Seguin only on this team, and he makes us go.

WBC8 02-13-2013 10:24 AM

Instead of "Little Ball of Hate" they should call him the "Little Ball of Great".