HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: Pittsburgh - Dallas (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1349265)

BrookswasHere44 02-13-2013 11:38 AM

Pittsburgh - Dallas

Niskanen and Jeffrey for Jagr?

:naughty:

We fixed Niskanen for you...he's been great for us but dont need him...want him back?

Epic Neal Time 02-13-2013 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrookswasHere44 (Post 59637501)

We fixed Niskanen for you...he's been great for us but dont need him...want him back?

Holy overpayment.

Dying Alive 02-13-2013 11:51 AM

This will end well.

To address the actual proposal, Dallas would have zero motivation to do that. Jagr has been great for them. I wouldn't exactly say that we "don't need" Niskanen either as he's been very steady for us. Plus I imagine it wouldn't go over very well with Stars fans if the GM were to trade to re-acquire Niskanen.

I wouldn't be averse to the Pens trying to re-sign Jagr again in the off season for a short deal, let him retire here, repair the relationship with the organization and fans and have his number retired.

BrookswasHere44 02-13-2013 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Epic Neal Time (Post 59638125)
Holy overpayment.

On 2nd thought i couldnt agree more

Le Magnifique 66 02-13-2013 11:54 AM

If Jagr wants to play another year in the NHL I really hope we could sign him in the off season. As much as a lot of Pens fans don't want him back, I'd love to see him play one last time in our uniform

TorstenFrings 02-13-2013 11:56 AM

Maybe give them Niskanen and get Goligoski make in the shop for some work.

Bennett Brauer 02-13-2013 12:01 PM

Eh, having Jagr back would be cool, but like it was mentioned, there is no reason for Dallas to trade him.

While I think it would be cool, there would be questions.

I think Jagr with the Penguins is history and it won't happen.

Captain Hook 02-13-2013 12:32 PM

Jagr won't be coming back to the Pens ever. He's still outstanding as a player but he's burnt too many bridges with the people that have the power in the Pens organization.

OCPenguin 02-13-2013 12:38 PM

Quote:

Pittsburgh should pass on this one.

Mike Farkas 02-13-2013 12:51 PM

I doubt the Stars want Niskanen back, he wasn't exactly a day away from having his jersey retired there...

Once a week we could trade two of the most anonymous NHLers back and forth (Dustin Jeffrey for Tom Wandell) just for poops and chuckles...maybe it'll get "who?" trending on twitter...

Mr Misty 02-13-2013 01:11 PM

Makes no sense for Dallas.

Sports 02-13-2013 01:36 PM

Dallas fans are well aware of the organization's inability to develop defenseman.
If you would like to chat about it, i'm sure the Stars board would lend an ear.
Otherwise, if you could keep the faux-proposals and related quips amongst yourselves, that would be great.

That is, If you have remarks negative & crude in nature about the Stars organization or players, please try extra hard to find the cojones to bring it up to the Stars board directly.

In other words, if you think i'm gonna sit idly by without speaking up while you talk unjustly about a player with the organization whom I associate myself with, you've got the wrong fella.

In plain english, talk ****, get hit, yo!

Jules Winnfield 02-13-2013 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Hook (Post 59640563)
Jagr won't be coming back to the Pens ever. He's still outstanding as a player but he's burnt too many bridges with the people that have the power in the Pens organization.

Pretty much this. Jagr will never be a Pen again. The way he and his agent handled the negotiations last time really pissed off Shero and Lemieux.

Plus, we don't have a RH center man he covets playing with other than Sutter. I'm sure that's not enticing.

I'd really like to see him in Edmonton next year.

hairylikebear 02-13-2013 01:51 PM

I don't think Stars management hates Jagr enough to trade him back to Pittsburgh

Morozov 02-13-2013 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Undecided (Post 59644149)
Dallas fans are well aware of the organization's inability to develop defenseman.
Otherwise, if you could keep the faux-proposals and related quips amongst yourselves, that would be great.

That is, If you have remarks negative & crude in nature about the Stars organization or players, please try extra hard to find the cojones to bring it up to the Stars board directly.

In other words, if you think i'm gonna sit idly by without speaking up while you talk unjustly about a player with the organization whom I associate myself with, you've got the wrong fella.

You're going to need thicker skin around these parts champ.

hadrian 02-13-2013 01:55 PM

Quote:

Niskanen really has been fixed. No Stars or former Stars are being insulted. Maybe a bit of a shot at your GM.

That said, you can keep Jagr. Forever. **** that guy.

Kiss 02-13-2013 01:56 PM

Counter

5th rounder for Jamie Benn

Dragon Priest 02-13-2013 01:56 PM

No from the Penguins.

Dying Alive 02-13-2013 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hairylikebear (Post 59645027)
I don't think Stars management hates Jagr enough to trade him back to Pittsburgh

Pens fans love to **** all over Jagr but one goal in a Pens sweater and all would be forgiven by nearly everyone. The Jagr love affair would be abloom in Pittsburgh once again.

In reality I doubt he ever plays here again in no small part to the bridges he burned with Ray Shero & Mario. I do think it's possible that it ends up a Tom Barrasso situation where he signs a one-day contract in order to retire with the team & get his number retired. People can say what they want about Jags but he's easily in the top five and probably in the top three when it comes to most important Penguins ever. He deserves to have his number retired by the team.

OCPenguin 02-13-2013 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragon Priest (Post 59645329)
No from the Penguins.

Is that a no for Jagr, or a no regarding the 5th for Benn right above you? :laugh:

drizzydrew22* 02-25-2013 07:06 AM

Quote:

a top 6 defender and a decent third line center who are both young for a 40 year old winger who wants a right handed center? no thanks haha:laugh:

glenbuis 02-25-2013 07:12 AM

Quote:

And what part of that was the plain English?

vyktor 02-25-2013 07:46 AM

I don't see why people say Jags burned bridges with Shero, there were never any bridges there to burn. I mean really they offered him the same money they gave Tyler Kennedy, RS and Bylsma didn't want the guy, they made him an offer to appease the fans who wanted him back, a lowball one they knew he wouldn't take. I was pissed as anyone when he went to Philly, and as to whether he burned any bridges with Mario that's between them.

drizzydrew22* 02-25-2013 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vyktor (Post 60432669)
I don't see why people say Jags burned bridges with Shero, there were never any bridges there to burn. I mean really they offered him the same money they gave Tyler Kennedy, RS and Bylsma didn't want the guy, they made him an offer to appease the fans who wanted him back, a lowball one they knew he wouldn't take. I was pissed as anyone when he went to Philly, and as to whether he burned any bridges with Mario that's between them.

perfectly said :handclap:

Shrimper 02-25-2013 08:34 AM

I don't want Jagr on this team with his current cap hit, it's not worth it. Would much rather get someone younger.