HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Ottawa Senators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Check out this VHS, Ottawa Senators Inaugural Game 1992 (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1349457)

Back In Black 02-13-2013 04:14 PM

Check out this VHS, Ottawa Senators Inaugural Game 1992
 
http://www.usedottawa.com/classified...-1992_19101865

Anybody got a DVD burner and VCR??? :laugh:

OmniSens 02-13-2013 04:57 PM

I have the vhs to dvd converter. Which reminds me, I need to do my tapes of me as a baby. Those will not be released on here! :p:

Fenix Rises 2026 02-13-2013 07:03 PM

Nice. I wonder how many copies of this tape this guy is selling?

GK 02-13-2013 07:19 PM

EDIT:

Wrong thread


But I want that so bad. I just wish I lived in Ottawa :(

SilverSeven 02-13-2013 10:20 PM

This game is played like every month on ESPN Classic or NHL Network. Hell, TSN played it during the lockout. Id bet money its in the Vault on NHL.com (too lazy to look).

Either way, who cares....EK is gone :(

Kekumba 02-13-2013 10:31 PM

The full game used to be on NHL's YouTube channel. I thought it still was, but it appears it's now gone since the launch of NHL Vault.

aragorn 02-13-2013 10:35 PM

I remember going to games back then at the Civic Centre, they were crappy but they were pretty tough.

MainDotC 02-13-2013 10:43 PM

I need a copy of this game:

http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreport...2/GS020289.HTM

If anyone has it or know where I can find it please let me know. It was an unbelievable performance by Lalime and Cujo, and a thrilling OT win by Rachunek - God rest his soul.

saskriders 02-14-2013 03:25 AM

If anyone buys this, and has the hardware to get it on to dvd, could they upload the raising the banners to youtube please?

Neil Patrick Harris 02-14-2013 05:17 AM

Judging by the location on that map, I might know this guy :laugh:

That, or he lives pretty close to a friend of mine.

Back In Black 02-14-2013 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilverSeven (Post 59682713)
This game is played like every month on ESPN Classic or NHL Network. Hell, TSN played it during the lockout. Id bet money its in the Vault on NHL.com (too lazy to look).

Either way, who cares....EK is gone :(

Ya, the only problem with the ESPN classics is it's a condensed game, unlike what's described in the ad.

And double ya, we're phucked now without Karlsson.

We're going to be playing the Leafs in the first round. OF GOLF! :cry:

MainDotC 02-14-2013 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThatWasNoAccident (Post 59684293)
I need a copy of this game:

http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreport...2/GS020289.HTM

If anyone has it or know where I can find it please let me know. It was an unbelievable performance by Lalime and Cujo, and a thrilling OT win by Rachunek - God rest his soul.

Still looking for a copy of this game. Appreciate any help!

Back In Black 02-15-2013 06:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThatWasNoAccident (Post 59710889)
Still looking for a copy of this game. Appreciate any help!

Try this guy: jeffgogo@hotmail.com

He has a DVD Internet site (Can't think of it now) with many, many games, old & new.

Let us know if he has it.

koreaboy 02-15-2013 10:01 PM

I remember watching that game at Molly McGuires on the market. Then got wasted outta my mind....

Step 02-15-2013 11:05 PM

I was there :) Would be awesome to see that intro again.

Neil Patrick Harris 02-18-2013 12:16 PM

Meeting up at Canadian Tire to complete the purchase :laugh:

Will report back later.

Back In Black 02-18-2013 03:48 PM

Beat you too it!

Listen up, I've got it, I've burned it to DVD, and if anyone wants a copy for $10, pm me!

But you gotta come to Barrhaven if you want it.

utah 02-18-2013 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Step (Post 59812429)
I was there :) Would be awesome to see that intro again.

I was there as well, and I have my original ticket stub....etc from that game.

I was at the exhibition home opener as well that first season, and the home opener when the team moved to the Palladium.....as well, as my tickets stubs.

Back In Black 02-18-2013 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by utah (Post 59978091)
I was there as well, and I have my original ticket stub....etc from that game.

I was at the exhibition home opener as well that first season, and the home opener when the team moved to the Palladium.....as well, as my tickets stubs.

Me too. That Palladium Opener gave out nice Lanyards that held your ticket in place.

Also got the Game 3 Stanley Cup Ticket stub, and puck (rare)! :yo:

Neil Patrick Harris 02-18-2013 07:06 PM

Watching through it now and I totally vouch for the DVD. Great stuff.

I didn't realize CBC had audio issues for parts of the first period, though it does mean we get to hear a bit from a younger Dean "No score between Montreal and the Canadiens" Brown :laugh:

and the muzak they use as filler is great.

SilverSeven 02-18-2013 07:32 PM

I was at the game too. Still have the stub, lanyard, and program in a frame.

I should find my SCF stubs....no idea where they are. The puck is beside me, but I honestly cant remember where I put the stubs. I have like 4 big boxes of random sens stuff like that.

Back In Black 02-19-2013 07:30 AM

New Ad in usedottawa.com (DVD)
 
http://www.usedottawa.com/classified...1992-_19135951

tony d 02-19-2013 07:53 AM

Such a good game for the team. If they ever released a 10 greatest games DVD set for the team I would hope this game would be included.

Back In Black 02-19-2013 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tony d (Post 60011529)
Such a good game for the team. If they ever released a 10 greatest games DVD set for the team I would hope this game would be included.

That would be a great idea.

Bet a lot of people here don't even realize the SENS released a 10th anny video (VHS). Not sure why they haven't done a 20th anny DVD or Blu Ray????

SilverSeven 02-19-2013 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rocket Richard (Post 60011079)

I love that you are taking 5 minutes of work and a disc worth $1 and selling it for $20 :laugh:

For those interested, heres the HNIC opening


and here is the opening ceremony


The game is regularly played on TV unedited, and is available in the NHL vault. No need to get gouged by another fan.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:05 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.