HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Who would u want to be Rangers Captain if Messier does not return? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=134957)

BDubinskyNYR17* 03-18-2005 12:40 AM

Who would u want to be Rangers Captain if Messier does not return?

Who would u want to be Rangers Captain if Messier does not return?

BDubinskyNYR17* 03-18-2005 12:43 AM

Voted for Ortmeyer

klingsor 03-18-2005 05:54 AM

I voted Holik but I'd be happy if we could give the "C" to Sidney Crosby.

Bacchus 03-18-2005 06:51 AM

Holik!

True Blue 03-18-2005 08:29 AM

Write in for Dedalus

SingnBluesOnBroadway 03-18-2005 08:38 AM

Moore? Kondratiev? Lampman? Pock? None of these guys are locks to make the team let alone be potential captains.

Levitate 03-18-2005 08:39 AM

the only one on that list that makes sense is holik

maybe kaspar but that might be a little too nuts

klingsor 03-18-2005 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by True Blue
Write in for Dedalus

dedalus is gonna be one of the replacement players?

This I would PAY to see.

Tawnos 03-18-2005 08:59 AM

As much as I really don't like him, Holik needs to take a real leadership on this club whenever they play again and being that he isn't going anywhere... he's the guy I chose.

True Blue 03-18-2005 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by klingsor
dedalus is gonna be one of the replacement players?

This I would PAY to see.

He IS one of the few that said that they would support a scab league. That's about the lone way that I would watch such a league. DEDALUS FOR CAPTAIN!!!!...

Off course he would not have scab status as a member of the board. Here he would still be an original.

True Blue 03-18-2005 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway
Moore? Kondratiev? Lampman? Pock? None of these guys are locks to make the team let alone be potential captains.

Personally I love the votes for Ortmeyer. Come on, people. Enough is enough. I love the kid's hustle as much as anyone. However, on most teams, he is a fringe 4th liner. And there are those who want to make him Captain? Can't have a 4th liner be Captain.

SingnBluesOnBroadway 03-18-2005 09:13 AM

Quote:

Personally I love the votes for Ortmeyer. Come on, people. Enough is enough. I love the kid's hustle as much as anyone. However, on most teams, he is a fringe 4th liner. And there are those who want to make him Captain? Can't have a 4th liner be Captain.

Exactly. Love the kid. But he's ordinary at best.

Davisian 03-18-2005 09:17 AM

Comittee or earned in training camp..

I don't like the idea of "handing" it to anyone..

Blueshirt13 03-18-2005 09:18 AM

Quote:

All too true TB.

I went with Holik. The guy can lead with his play on the ice. From reports, he can also lead in the locker room. He is emotion in his game, he plays physical and he is someone who loves the game.

Fletch 03-18-2005 09:28 AM

Couldn't think of one...

out of the list, especially Ortmeyer who to me is a fringe NHLer.

So...perhaps the Rangers should re-sign Leetch and make him captain.

Levitate 03-18-2005 09:59 AM

Quote:

yeah cuz that worked real well in the past :D

SingnBluesOnBroadway 03-18-2005 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fletch

I'd love it.

Sad London Ranger 03-18-2005 10:05 AM

Pock - NHL first: an Austrian Captain!
;)

Onion Boy 03-18-2005 10:35 AM

Holik. He's certainly not going anywhere for the next two years and it's time to see what he can do as the undisputed leader of the team.

FLYLine24 03-18-2005 10:42 AM

Holik..but if Lindros was still on the team I would have chose him over Holik in a heartbeat.

True Blue 03-18-2005 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fletch
out of the list, especially Ortmeyer who to me is a fringe NHLer.

Can't think of one, Fletch? Join me in the "Dedalus for Captain" crusade. He's the only choice.

NYFAN 03-18-2005 10:51 AM

I know I will catch alot of heat for this, but I'm gonna do it anyway, make Jagr the captain. If he is ever going to get over this immature tag , this is his time to shine. Hand him the C and let him prove that he is out from under Mario's shadow. He wants to be thought of as great, well here is his chance, to mentor and lead a bunch of up and coming young players. He will either blossom or wilt under the scrutiny, but it will be his choice ultimately with no one else to blame!

Taz 03-18-2005 10:51 AM

Holik the most experience leader type we have, also our top socrer and a good 2 way player makes him a great example to the young guns, the rest of that list, Bar Jagr, and kasp shouldnt even be on there.

My assistant capts would be

Jagr
Tyutin/Kasp

Ortmyer as a C lol

rnyquist 03-18-2005 11:21 AM

Kaspar hands down.

He doesn't *****, he's not a prima dona, the guy flat out works hard everyshift and never stops. He's a team player and willing to do the dirty work. He's got my vote

klingsor 03-18-2005 11:41 AM

Quote:

He IS one of the few that said that they would support a scab league. That's about the lone way that I would watch such a league. DEDALUS FOR CAPTAIN!!!!...

Off course he would not have scab status as a member of the board. Here he would still be an original.

Now that I think about it, it's a great idea.

We'd certainly get all the calls in our favor. What referee in their right mind would want to get into an argument with dedalus?