HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Columbus Blue Jackets (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Joakim Lindström to Syracuse (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=134970)

Predatore 03-18-2005 05:32 AM

Joakim Lindström to Syracuse
 
Talented Swedish forward Joakim Lindström will spend the remainder of the season with Syracuse in the AHL. This was announced by his SEL team MODO today, although I have yet to read anything about it on Syracuse's official website.

I hope he does well, a very gifted forward offensively.

Matt Foley* 03-18-2005 06:34 AM

If any of the Crunch fans can keep the rest of us up to date on how he's doing, please do so. It would be much appreciated. :)

3mta3 03-18-2005 06:48 AM

Whoo!!

The rare snippet of good news.

Me likey very much.

Jovavic 03-18-2005 06:53 AM

They just need Zherdev to come over and the Crunch are in business. If that happens, suddenly driving up to the games in Cleveland next weekend look pretty good.

letsgojackets 03-18-2005 07:16 AM

This is great. I thought they tried to do this earlier in the season but failed. I hope he turns some heads in Syracuse.

X0ssbar 03-18-2005 07:51 AM

Yeah - good news. Thanks for the info Predatore!

Crunch fans - we want a full report!

Kronblom 03-18-2005 08:20 AM

The transfer window in Sweden closes January 31, but Joakim Lindström and MoDo made a joint effort and applied for an exemption. The swedish federation said OK.

allelsefails 03-18-2005 08:33 AM

Wow, this is the best CBJ news I think I've heard for a long time, extremely pleased that this kid will be playing with Syracuse.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Top Shelf
Crunch fans - we want a full report!

Ditto, here's hoping Joakim can impress.

ALF AmericanLionsFan 03-18-2005 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth Oz
They just need Zherdev to come over and the Crunch are in business. If that happens, suddenly driving up to the games in Cleveland next weekend look pretty good.

That would be pretty nice now wouldn't it?

Samkow 03-18-2005 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan Galvin
That would be pretty nice now wouldn't it?

I'd rather have him take care of his army service and playing in the best league in the world (right now). Sure, the AHL is good, but Russia is better.

ALF AmericanLionsFan 03-18-2005 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samkow
I'd rather have him take care of his army service and playing in the best league in the world (right now). Sure, the AHL is good, but Russia is better.

The RSL season for CSKA is over. They did not qualify for the playoffs. Is Zherdev even a Russian citizen? I thought he was born in Ukraine?

Samkow 03-18-2005 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan Galvin
The RSL season for CSKA is over. They did not qualify for the playoffs. Is Zherdev even a Russian citizen? I thought he was born in Ukraine?

Im pretty sure that hes a citzen for all 13 former soviet countrys. And as someone mentoned earlier, there are transfer deadlines.

ALF AmericanLionsFan 03-18-2005 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samkow
Im pretty sure that hes a citzen for all 13 former soviet countrys. And as someone mentoned earlier, there are transfer deadlines.

Lindstrom made it somehow why not Zherdev? Is he on Syracuse Clear Day roster?

ALF AmericanLionsFan 03-18-2005 11:08 PM

I guess what is confusing me is how Lindstrom is going to be on the roster and that Zherdev can not? Lindstrom is not on the Clear Day roster. Anyone know how he can be playing with Syracuse?

futurcorerock 03-19-2005 01:18 AM

Should I be concerned about Zherdev being in the RSL now? I mean... he did desert his team, could it be fathomable that with contract restrictions to RFA's that he wouldnt come back to the states? or is this scare tactic that American media has me spewing about the impact of lower contracts in thte NHL?

3mta3 03-19-2005 06:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by futurcorerock
Should I be concerned about Zherdev being in the RSL now? I mean... he did desert his team, could it be fathomable that with contract restrictions to RFA's that he wouldnt come back to the states? or is this scare tactic that American media has me spewing about the impact of lower contracts in thte NHL?

I understand the concern, and I shared it when his playing arrangements were first announced, but it's been addressed many times by the Jackets. Where he is now isn't going to legally impact him playing here when there is an NHL.

If the season doesn't start on time and/or with NHL players then I'll start getting paranoid again.

Syracuse Crunch fan 03-19-2005 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan Galvin
I guess what is confusing me is how Lindstrom is going to be on the roster and that Zherdev can not? Lindstrom is not on the Clear Day roster. Anyone know how he can be playing with Syracuse?

Lindstrom hasn't arrived yet and isn't listed on the roster so this is just a guess. But he probably signed a PTO (professional try out) contract. It's fairly common for the Crunch to sign folks for the last 10-15 games. They did it with Motzko two years ago, Mauldin and a few other last year, etc. Since he's not on the clear day he won't be on the playoff roster, but he can be on the roster until then.

Samkow 03-19-2005 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan Galvin
Lindstrom made it somehow why not Zherdev? Is he on Syracuse Clear Day roster?

As it was mentoned above, they need special permission from the Sweedish Hockey Federation.And I dont think the Blue Jackets are on the best terms with the Russian Hockey Federation after what happened last year with Zherdev.

futurcorerock 03-19-2005 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samkow
As it was mentoned above, they need special permission from the Sweedish Hockey Federation.And I dont think the Blue Jackets are on the best terms with the Russian Hockey Federation after what happened last year with Zherdev.

RSL threatened not to participate in the NHL/IIHF agreement, which in turn means the IIHF would offer no agreement without the consent of every club... messy indeed.

But Zherdev's worth it :handclap:

Petey21 03-21-2005 03:51 PM

From the official Crunch site:

Quote:

The Syracuse Crunch announced today that they have signed center Joakim Lindstrom to a amateur try-out contract. The team also announced that defenseman Jason Beckett was reassigned to Pensacola (ECHL) and left wing Yuri Moscevsky was released from his professional try-out contract.
What is the difference between an amateur try-out contract and a professional try-out contract, anyone knows?

Jovavic 03-21-2005 05:26 PM

My guess is that since Moscevsky was a pro previous to his contract, that's the term, and since Lindstrom hasn't played pro in NA before, that's the term. I know that Lindstrom can't play in playoff games.

King Blazer 03-21-2005 09:16 PM

Lindstrom is listed on the Syracuse roster and his addition is in the transactions section at the AHL web site. It's listed as signing an ATO. I think this would make him eligible to be added to the Clear Day Roster...

link: http://www.theahl.com/AHLStatistics0...nsactions.html

Robertsson 4-ever 03-26-2005 03:18 AM

Lindström played his first game tonight, did anyone see him or have any reports? He didn't register any points or shots on goal, and it would be interesting to hear on what linehe played and how much icetime he recieved.

Jovavic 03-26-2005 07:48 AM

I'm guessing he was probably on a lower line, the coach doesn't like to play young players too often. I bet he'll be brought along slowly. If anyone was at the game and could fill us in on how he looked, that'd be great.

Jovavic 03-30-2005 09:32 PM

Lindstrom scored his first AHL goal early in the second period tonight. He missed on his try in the shootout, but it didn't matter in the end since the Crunch won anyway.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:46 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.