HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Speculation: Sens are sellers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1349767)

officeglen 02-13-2013 08:41 PM

Sens are sellers

I'm not sure why the other thread was closed, but it is certain that with Spezza out for most of the season, and Karlsson out for the rest of the reason (Cooke's skate caught him, surgery), that the Sens are sellers, not buyers.

In particular:

Alfie, UFA, has to decide if he wants a trade to try to win the cup
Gonchar, UFA at end of the season
Lundin, UFA
Regin, UFA
Latendresse, UFA
Benoit UFA
Bishop, RFA

Anderson is unlikely to be traded.

This is not a fire sale, at cheap prices, but these players are available for picks, prospects, and/or young players.

A1LeafNation 02-13-2013 08:42 PM

Liles to Sens

Leafs have a bunch of dmen. Ottawa needs one now.

To Leafs: 2nd rounder

To Ottawa: JM Liles

officeglen 02-13-2013 08:44 PM

Sens are sellers, not buyers

JOHNBOY 02-13-2013 08:44 PM

what do you want for Methot(sp.) ??

danishh 02-13-2013 08:44 PM

we're still rebuilding. Not giving up picks for short-term fixes. Plus, with spezza, karlsson, and cowen out long-term, we would need a lot of short-term fixes.

danishh 02-13-2013 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JOHNBOY (Post 59673067)
what do you want for Methot(sp.) ??

we want to keep him, and he wants to stay here in his hometown.

ChronicallyInjured 02-13-2013 08:46 PM

I agree that the Sens will most likely be sellers but I don't see it happening for a while. We don't have anyone else to play especially with Stone and Hoffman still injured down in Bingo, Not to mention our entire NHL team...

boredmale 02-13-2013 08:46 PM

WHy not just wait till the trade deadline, chances are team will have more capspace to trade for the players

Iamok 02-13-2013 08:46 PM

1) No 2nd
2) No thanks

Vankiller Whale 02-13-2013 08:47 PM

What do you want for Alfie? Not willing to overpay, at this point he is only a 1-year rental, but I would trade a modest futures package for him. We could use him at the deadline for a cup run.

Manked 02-13-2013 08:49 PM

Thanks for re-opening this. I don't know why "panic threads" are closed, but this is a legitimate reason to start trading away pieces and look towards the future.

Championship* 02-13-2013 08:49 PM

For the Rangers I could see interest in Gonchar maybe. Give him sheltered minutes and use him on the PP. Also of course Alfredsson.

Manked 02-13-2013 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale (Post 59673455)
What do you want for Alfie? Not willing to overpay, at this point he is only a 1-year rental, but I would trade a modest futures package for him. We could use him at the deadline for a cup run.

If you want Daniel Alfredsson, you will have to overpay.

Simple as that. 1st Round Pick is the start.

mcallister 02-13-2013 08:50 PM

If anything the time to trade Anderson is now. His value is through the roof and could give Ottawa a decent return in a deep draft. Plus gives Lehner some NHL time.

Plenty of teams looking for good goaltending that doesnt come with ridiculous contract.

Hate to say it but that is the season for Ottawa. Look to the future boys and wish Karlsson a speedy recovery and hope that he can get back to his full health and keep playing his speed game.

WornWithPride 02-13-2013 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manked (Post 59673759)

What? Murray said there were what, two untouchables last year? Karlsson and Alfy? I mean, Alfy is going nowhere. Please, for the sake of Alfy's church, don't mention he's going to be traded again.

Edit: OP should be included in the quote... too lazy

Vankiller Whale 02-13-2013 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manked (Post 59673759)

Unless it's conditional on us making the SCF, it's not worth it to us. I think most other teams would feel similarly.

holden57 02-13-2013 08:59 PM

Yeah that is a tough call on Anderson. If you really believe in Lehner (and/or Bishop) then now would probably be the time to trade him since his value is as high as it will ever be.

EichHart 02-13-2013 09:00 PM

Anderson could probably get a 1st+young decent prospect on a contender. (very deep draft year) With Lehner ready to take reign next year.

Iamok 02-13-2013 09:01 PM

Trading Anderson would be stupid. We've already seen what a ****** Sens team looks in front of shaky goaltending that they have no faith in. It would absolutely ruin all confidence of our young guys. Obviously I don't expect Lehner to be as bad as Elliott was, but I can't guarantee he'd be solid consistently either.

Highbrow 02-13-2013 09:01 PM

It would pain me to trade Anderson. He's the first #1 goaltender we've had in years. I think a team would have to pay a large sum for Andy.

He held us in the games when we had Spezza and Karlsson. And I believe he gives us a chance to win games without both of them... so long as the Sens score one goal, but definitely in ones where we score two. :)

Fraser Read 02-13-2013 09:02 PM

To go into the playoffs with Sedin-Sedin-Alfie first line I would be willing to overpay. We will make a Ray Bourque out of him.

bobbyt911 02-13-2013 09:03 PM

As a Leaf fan, if we are in the play off picture, Spezza would be the go to guy. Probably be one of if not the biggest trade deadline acquisition, or If Anaheim (falls off the cliff) and Getzlaf doesn't look to be re-sigining then I could see Getzlaf the #1 choice and Spezza the #2.

Ya know there really is hockey gods, I think Ottawa used up all their hockey god credits up last year since they were supposed to be a clear cut non play off team, well i guess the hockey gods have called in their debt.

Lord J T Shark 02-13-2013 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by officeglen (Post 59672637)
I'm not sure why the other thread was closed, but it is certain that with Spezza out for most of the season, and Karlsson out for the rest of the reason (Cooke's skate caught him, surgery), that the Sens are sellers, not buyers.

In particular:

Alfie, UFA, has to decide if he wants a trade to try to win the cup
Gonchar, UFA at end of the season
Lundin, UFA
Regin, UFA
Latendresse, UFA
Benoit UFA
Bishop, RFA

Anderson is unlikely to be traded.

This is not a fire sale, at cheap prices, but these players are available for picks, prospects, and/or young players.

mod closed it because iy was a panic thread after the injury

Chris Cutter 02-13-2013 09:07 PM

With Karlsson out, Ryan Whitney to Ottawa?

I'm not a fan for either teams but AFAIK Whitney is currently not happy with the way the new management is handling him. He said that he wouldn't mind being traded if his situation with the Oilers doesn't get better. He's a UFA at the end of the season and from what I remember he's a pretty good puck mover. With Ottawa's defense that wasn't too deep to begin with, already decimated by injuries (Cowen & Karlsson out for the season) do you think it'd be a good idea for them to make a move for Whitney?

Thoughts?

AKL 02-13-2013 09:08 PM

Oilers give Ottawa a 5th rounder to take Whitney.