HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Baseball (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=167)
-   -   Injury Report: the next knuckler (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1349819)

robert terwilliger 02-13-2013 09:11 PM

the next knuckler

new show on mlb network.

seems just like an excuse for kevin millar to slowly take over another thing i enjoy.

i don't know any of these people except for doug flutie.

BPR* 02-13-2013 11:43 PM

I'n a huge fan of college football and often find myself wikiing quarterbacks years after they graduated to see what they're up to, so this show is basically designed for me.

robert terwilliger 02-14-2013 02:14 PM

who are these college quarterbacks? were any of them any good?

like i said, the only one i know is flutie.

HabsByTheBay 02-14-2013 03:48 PM

John David Booty was pretty good for USC.

Josh Booty actually played in the major leagues (13 games with the Fish, he even has a World Series ring) so I'm surprised he's on the show.

BPR* 02-14-2013 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robert terwilliger (Post 59715917)
who are these college quarterbacks? were any of them any good?

like i said, the only one i know is flutie.

David Greene won a ton of games at UGA, but I always thought he was just on a good team. Perriloux was the top QB in the country out of high school, but washed out from LSU due to academics or discipline issues. Never started, but they used him as a running QB option, he was even the MVP of the 2007 national title game IIRC. He was crazy talented.
John David Booty was a slightly disappointing QB for a couple slightly disappointing USC teams. Main claim to fame was getting his GED after his junior year to enroll early.
Josh Booty was pretty mediocre, but he had taken four or five years off football to play baseball. Remember reading "top high school proapects" list in Baseball America a few years back that had him as among the top ten of the BA era as a 3B. No idea what happened there.

robert terwilliger 02-14-2013 04:26 PM

thanks.

KH1 02-15-2013 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slim Charles (Post 59722797)
David Greene won a ton of games at UGA, but I always thought he was just on a good team. Perriloux was the top QB in the country out of high school, but washed out from LSU due to academics or discipline issues. Never started, but they used him as a running QB option, he was even the MVP of the 2007 national title game IIRC. He was crazy talented.
John David Booty was a slightly disappointing QB for a couple slightly disappointing USC teams. Main claim to fame was getting his GED after his junior year to enroll early.
Josh Booty was pretty mediocre, but he had taken four or five years off football to play baseball. Remember reading "top high school proapects" list in Baseball America a few years back that had him as among the top ten of the BA era as a 3B. No idea what happened there.

Perrilloux starred in the SEC title game, not the National Championship.

He was a tremendous talent, but couldn't stay out of trouble. When you're deemed too difficult for a program that had just graduated Jamarcus Russell, you know you've got issues.

Big Poppa Puck 02-15-2013 04:20 PM

I guess Perrilloux has finally given up on football? Since he finished school he's bounced on and off the Giants practice squad, with a few cups of coffee as the 3rd stringer

CFD 02-16-2013 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Poppa Puck (Post 59781425)
I guess Perrilloux has finally given up on football? Since he finished school he's bounced on and off the Giants practice squad, with a few cups of coffee as the 3rd stringer

According to his Wikipedia page he's playing in the Ultimate Indoor League in Florida.

robert terwilliger 02-16-2013 02:03 PM

flutie went home, which was kind of expected. i think it would have been more of a spectacle if he'd gotten the tryout with the d-backs.

i'm interested in the lefty, because a lefty knuckleball pitcher could be a really interesting thing.