HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Vancouver Canucks (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Around The League LVI (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1349949)

Royal Canuck 02-13-2013 11:04 PM

Around The League LVI

Continue!

Taelin 02-13-2013 11:10 PM

The insanity in Calgary continues! 6-4 Flames.

BrandonL 02-13-2013 11:36 PM

Sad to see Karlsson go down like that. Definitely one of my favourite players to watch.

Pretty much ruins any chances the Senators had of a post season run as well.

LiquidSnake 02-13-2013 11:38 PM

Definition of sad: watching Jarome Iginla grinning ear to ear after a reg season win in game 10 like it was a playoff game.

BrandonL 02-13-2013 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LiquidSnake (Post 59687631)
Definition of sad: watching Jarome Iginla grinning ear to ear after a reg season win in game 10 like it was a playoff game.

Iginla has been a massive disappointment this season, doesn't even look like the same player.

Great asset management by the Flames, should have traded him a couple of years ago for a nice package of picks & prospects. Now you have to figure he's not even worth half of what he was.

ddawg1950 02-14-2013 12:09 AM

Don't mind Calgary winning occasionally. Keep them out of the lottery...at least the top five.

Royal Canuck 02-14-2013 12:11 AM

Sad to see Karlsson go down, probably the most entertaining defenseman in the league, would've been right up there for the Norris again this year.

LiveeviL 02-14-2013 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Royal Canuck (Post 59689065)
Sad to see Karlsson go down, probably the most entertaining defenseman in the league, would've been right up there for the Norris again this year.

Yes, I am glad that it didn't happen to us - so far (knock*3)

Hammer79 02-14-2013 12:37 AM

Quote:

He brushed off Rhett Warrener's comments too, said that he didn't think he had lost a step. I felt bad for him. Calgary was lucky tonight that Bachman played worse than Irving. That won't happen very often, Irving isn't ready to carry the load at this level.

PG Canuck 02-14-2013 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LiveeviL (Post 59689795)

It's not playoff time yet...:cry:

gurfling 02-14-2013 01:36 AM

Man that's rough for the Sen's. I've watched that video several times and just don't see how Cooke could have done it on purpose. Sen's fans are upset, but it just happened to be Cooke who did it unfortunately. Pretty much kills their season.

PG Canuck 02-14-2013 02:05 AM

When it rains in Ottawa, it pours. Here's a list of players that are currently out with an injury for the Senators:

Erik Karlsson
Jason Spezza
Milan Michalek
Jared Cowen
Peter Regin
Guillaume Latendresse

If Ottawa can make the playoffs with these guys out, it's pretty much a Cup itself for them. :laugh: I'll be pulling for them to win games now, just because it would be awesome to see.

aandbreatheme 02-14-2013 02:13 AM

^
They should just pack it in...

Been stuck in nostalgia for the last few days watching playoff highlights from 2011... :nopity:

timw33 02-14-2013 02:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LiveeviL (Post 59689795)

We've never been lucky enough to have a fully healthy D core. So far so good....

PG Canuck 02-14-2013 02:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andbreatheme (Post 59691931)
^

Been stuck in nostalgia for the last few days watching playoff highlights from 2011... :nopity:

I think they should too. Get a good draft pick, and hope Karlsson is ready to go next year and then go for it. Would sure hate to see God errr....Alfredsson finish his career (if he retires after this season) because he team decided to tank.

Also, if no one got my God reference with Alfredsson there, if you have an iPhone and have Siri, if you ask it to show you god (or something to that extent, can't remember fully), it shows you Daniel Alfredsson and his picture with stats and whatnot. :laugh:

I hate those days when you torture yourself to watching the Cup run. I've been there far too many times. However, I don't watch game 3, 4, or 6 of the SCF. Only watch the ones we win. I watch all of the highlights on Youtube of the previous series' though. Doesn't hurt as much now, but it still hurts. :cry:

JurassicTunga 02-14-2013 02:33 AM

Quote:

Seriously?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brandonlee (Post 59687903)
Iginla has been a massive disappointment this season, doesn't even look like the same player.

Great asset management by the Flames, should have traded him a couple of years ago for a nice package of picks & prospects. Now you have to figure he's not even worth half of what he was.

He's probably off to one of his better starts in the last few years.. other than 2 or so games he's been fine.. You can't expect him to play like he was in his 20s and running over people. He's 'setting up the play' so far rather than goal scoring. He'll catch fire soon enough.

Zanon 02-14-2013 03:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andbreatheme (Post 59691931)
^

God dammit...

Balls Mahoney 02-14-2013 03:40 AM

That's disgusting what happened to Karlsson tonight. Such a prominent young player getting injured in such a stupid way. Not sure if I can blame Cooke or not for it but I saw it late tonight in a bar and literally exclaimed a few obscenities when I saw it. Just an ugly thing to happen.

Proto 02-14-2013 08:29 AM

As I said last thread, you guys are out to lunch on Iginla. I'd pay a fortune to get him if he was ever available.

Proto 02-14-2013 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balls Mahoney (Post 59692873)
That's disgusting what happened to Karlsson tonight. Such a prominent young player getting injured in such a stupid way. Not sure if I can blame Cooke or not for it but I saw it late tonight in a bar and literally exclaimed a few obscenities when I saw it. Just an ugly thing to happen.

Gillis should make all of his players wear those cut-resistant socks now. No excuse not to.

ItsAllPartOfThePlan 02-14-2013 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Proto (Post 59697261)
As I said last thread, you guys are out to lunch on Iginla. I'd pay a fortune to get him if he was ever available.

I agree. The guy is a notoriously slow starter

PRNuck 02-14-2013 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ItsAllPartOfThePlan (Post 59697895)
I agree. The guy is a notoriously slow starter

Rhett woke the heart of the lion god, everyone's screwed now :S

ddawg1950 02-14-2013 10:36 AM

Quote:

Always interesting to me how fans individual perceptions differ.

I have thought Iginla has been over-rated for the last few years.

He has produced points after his slow starts, but that is not what I was basing my opinion on. For me, his on ice performance has been, to put it kindly, less than inspiring.

He does not back check, he continually plays the cherry picking game by hanging around the opposition blue line and as for his leadership...well, I have seen far too many "must win" games for the Flamesthe last few years, late in the season, where Iggy has simply disappeared...and the Flames continually have fallen short of the playoffs.

Iggy does seem like a quality guy, full of character, but I haven't seen that translated to on ice performance for a number of years.

Like I said, individual perceptions differ.

Eddy Punch Clock 02-14-2013 10:41 AM

Quote:

I agree that he could be that missing piece; but have a hard time seeing Calgary playing ball with us.

But if Iginla is tradable then Alfredsson can't be considered untouchable, especially considering Ottawa's situation right now... and he wouldn't cost us what Iginla would.

I honestly can't see him NOT retiring a Senator but a chance to play with the Sedins and be on a cup contender might be a move he'd consider.

vanwest 02-14-2013 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ddawg1950 (Post 59703797)
Always interesting to me how fans individual perceptions differ.

I have thought Iginla has been over-rated for the last few years.

He has produced points after his slow starts, but that is not what I was basing my opinion on. For me, his on ice performance has been, to put it kindly, less than inspiring.

He does not back check, he continually plays the cherry picking game by hanging around the opposition blue line and as for his leadership...well, I have seen far too many "must win" games for the Flamesthe last few years, late in the season, where Iggy has simply disappeared...and the Flames continually have fallen short of the playoffs.

Iggy does seem like a quality guy, full of character, but I haven't seen that translated to on ice performance for a number of years.

Like I said, individual perceptions differ.

I agree. To me, he looks like Naslund at the end here. Just playing out the string and he has lost a step. The slow start thing is starting to wear a little thin. I really have enjoyed watching Iginla over the years and admire him but, IMO, he looks like he's lost the fire. It probably comes from carrying the team on his back for years without managment getting him a true number one center. That said, a change of scenery on a playoff team could do wonders for his last few years. He could probably thrive if he was not counted on to be the go to guy all of the time.