HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Buffalo Sabres (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   News Article: Bad And Boring? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1349957)

Mikeyc1983 02-13-2013 11:07 PM

Bad And Boring?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...oring-to-watch

SundherDome 02-13-2013 11:20 PM

Nail on the head

Zman5778 02-13-2013 11:36 PM

I'm shocked that the Bleacher Report isn't blocked by the HF filters.

Not exactly a news site.....

Revelate 02-13-2013 11:50 PM

If you're a fan there's no such thing as a good, boring team. there is nothing boring about winning.

were Devil's fans bored when they road the trap to a Stanley Cup? I doubt it.

Myllz 02-14-2013 12:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zman5778 (Post 59687535)

Why would HF block articles that have nothing to do with speculation or rumors?

dire wolf 02-14-2013 01:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Revelate (Post 59688245)
If you're a fan there's no such thing as a good, boring team. there is nothing boring about winning.

Couldn't disagree with you more. This isn't my profession and I don't bet on the games. I watch them to be entertained, excited and inspired. If I wanted boring, I'd watch golf or bowling.

ryanbiggame* 02-14-2013 01:40 AM

Quote:

Disagree with the first statement. Have no clue what the second statement says, is that English?

Taelin 02-14-2013 02:05 AM

Games are pretty boring, and the approach doesn't even work. I think the Sabres are more suited for a high-tempo system. Since trapping or whatever Ruff is doing doesn't even work, might as well go for a Philly-like system that's at least fun to watch!

TakeThatTootoo 02-14-2013 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ryanbiggame (Post 59691383)
Disagree with the first statement. Have no clue what the second statement says, is that English?

Judging by other threads and posts, you're no English professor yourself. He means, "Were Devil's fans bored when they rode the trap to a Stanley Cup? I doubt it."

Not that difficult.

HockeyH3aven 02-14-2013 10:32 AM

Quote:

I disagree. I love hockey, I watch other hockey teams that I don't have a rooting interest in playing. As long as the games are good and the teams play well I will enjoy them. The Sabres have won games where I've literally fallen asleep during them and lost some of the best, most exciting hockey games I've ever seen.

I also like the fact that you think you're qualified to constitute what a "fan" is or isn't. :laugh:

ckg927 02-14-2013 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zman5778 (Post 59687535)

Then why did CNN partner up with Bleacher Report? (Here's why: They're BOTH owned by Time Warner!)

RazielMoshman 02-15-2013 03:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dire wolf (Post 59691235)
Couldn't disagree with you more. This isn't my profession and I don't bet on the games. I watch them to be entertained, excited and inspired. If I wanted boring, I'd watch golf or bowling.

Admit it, there's nothing more exciting than the sight of a big driver! Ahem...

The killer was the line about the Sabres being a chore to watch. A certain element of truth there..

jBuds 02-15-2013 12:09 PM

Quote:

After years of waiting for Stafford to become a legitimate scoring threat, it’s time to pull the plug. Stafford is what he is: a player that will score in bunches and pad his stats in 15 games a year and disappear the other 67. Stafford and linemate Marcus Foligno are tied for the worst plus/minus among Sabres forwards at minus-6.
Winner