HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Kings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   DJ King signs with the Reign? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1350567)

McSorley 33 02-14-2013 05:06 PM

DJ King signs with the Reign?

Maybe his little bro pulled some strings:

https://twitter.com/darrylwolski/sta...64282352660480

I know this isn't exciting news to most but I was curious what the Kings plans are for him. I guess the Monarchs at some point or maybe D.L's silent secret backup plan for losing Westgarth.

bacchusbuddha 02-23-2013 12:41 AM

DJ scored his first goal with the Reign tonight (second game with the team). Nice tap in on a great feed from his linemate CJ Stretch, one of the smaller skill guys.

Looks like DJ is getting his legs and timing back, but he's a beast out there physically. The whole team "plays bigger" with him in the lineup and there's definitely less BS after the whistles when he's out there.

Not sure what the signing means for the Monarchs or Kings, but it's great to have some size and NHL experience up front in Ontario going into the playoffs.

HYORI 1963 03-06-2013 12:21 AM

It looks like he's learned to play Kings hockey. No more just gooning it up.

He has in 7 games, 3G 3A 1 fight and a plus 3.

Johnny Utah 03-06-2013 03:12 AM

Maybe a King soon?

King'sPawn 03-06-2013 03:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnny Utah (Post 61084751)
Maybe a King soon?

You're a little late. He's been a King his whole life! ;)

Ziggy Stardust 03-06-2013 03:30 AM

I'd say a spot on the Monarchs is more likely for D.J. King. Maybe a two-way contract? That is if the Kings want a heavyweight to call up at their disposal.

tigermask48 03-06-2013 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust (Post 61084887)
I'd say a spot on the Monarchs is more likely for D.J. King. Maybe a two-way contract? That is if the Kings want a heavyweight to call up at their disposal.

Probably a more effective replacement for Justin Johnson who is the current heavyweight in Manch. I'd be ok with that.

HYORI 1963 03-06-2013 09:03 AM

I would not be shocked to see DJ make it to the kings. I don't think we've ever had brothers playing together. Perhaps, even on the same line would be nice.

King/Stoll/King
Clifford/Lewis/Nolan

How's that for a tough bottom 6?

Raccoon Jesus 03-06-2013 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Black1963 (Post 61089941)
I would not be shocked to see DJ make it to the kings. I don't think we've ever had brothers playing together. Perhaps, even on the same line would be nice.

King/Stoll/King
Clifford/Lewis/Nolan

Plus, like, the lettering on their jerseys would be great!

tigermask48 03-06-2013 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Black1963 (Post 61089941)

King/Stoll/King
Clifford/Lewis/Nolan

I can't really see him on the Kings. He hasn't really been the same since the injuries that de-railed his time in St. Louis. I think the Kings are happy with Clifford and Nolan right now and this move may just be a case of him wanting to play close to his brother and not have to deal with fighting a ton like he would in the AHL or NHL.

Ziggy Stardust 03-06-2013 11:22 PM

D.J. King with another goal tonight.

HYORI 1963 03-07-2013 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tigermask48 (Post 61097437)
I can't really see him on the Kings. He hasn't really been the same since the injuries that de-railed his time in St. Louis. I think the Kings are happy with Clifford and Nolan right now and this move may just be a case of him wanting to play close to his brother and not have to deal with fighting a ton like he would in the AHL or NHL.

Well, in case you haven't noticed, I'm not suggesting that DJ replace either Clifford or Nolan. Essentially, he'd be replacing Frazier. Not a bad swap if you ask me.

Keep up the good work DJ!