HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   The Lars Eller Thread - Coffee Shop Edition (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1350589)

Andy 02-14-2013 06:02 PM

The Lars Eller Thread - Coffee Shop Edition

HabsLinks ‏@HabsLinks
Quote:

More Lebrun on #TSN690: #Habs Lars Eller is drawing a lot of trade interest across the league; wouldn't be surprised if he's moved this year
Can anyone confirm what Lebrun said?

Hannibal 02-14-2013 06:04 PM

Would be open to trade him for O'Reilly.

JesusBouillon 02-14-2013 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hannibal (Post 59726813)

Problem is Bergevin wouldn't want to give him the contract he wants, especially after the Subban thing.

Jay Wolf 02-14-2013 06:06 PM

If this is true, he's probably being dangled for O'Reilly. Not sure if I love that idea considering how much money ROR wants.

David_99 02-14-2013 06:07 PM

MB already mentioned Lars had a lot of interest before the season started. Is this just a retread or are teams still calling? If so, why would we want to trade him if he's what we need now and in the future? A large Center. It took years to finally get one.

The Russian General 02-14-2013 06:08 PM

I'll be pissed if he's moved before being given a proper chance.

Jay Wolf 02-14-2013 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capitaine Gionta (Post 59727063)
I'll be pissed if he's moved before being given a proper chance.

All depends on what comes back, but yeah - would be kind of frustrating to see him go having never gotten a real shot.

FisherKing 02-14-2013 06:12 PM

Can't really see Bergevin trading Eller right now unless it's for another centre which would wind up being a lateral move. I mean why would a team trade a centre who is significantly better than Eller for Eller. I personally am not keen on seeing Eller traded as he really seems to be finding his game, but if he was traded, I would like to see a big tough crease clearing Dman, but again, who would fill Eller's spot?

One Less Louise 02-14-2013 06:14 PM

If they're going to trade him, they're making the same mistake old management made. His value is not what it could be.

overlords 02-14-2013 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hannibal (Post 59726813)

So would I, but I doubt O'reilly would sign here to play 4th line minutes.

My Velouria 02-14-2013 06:14 PM

I'd be pissed. He's been working his ass off and he hasn't even gotten a fair chance yet. He's always had awful linemates. His value probably isn't very high right now and I doubt we'd get anything substantial back. We've been needing a big centre for years and now that we finally have one, we pair him up with plugs and might be shipping him off in the near future. It's always the same **** with this organization.

bigtimehockeyfan999* 02-14-2013 06:16 PM

i would definitely do eller for oreilly straight up if the price to sign orielly was manageable. although something tells me we'd have to give more

Andy 02-14-2013 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by E = CH² (Post 59727405)
If they're going to trade him, they're making the same mistake old management made. His value is not what it could be.

Very good point. I'd be reluctant to trade Eller since we have even given him the opportunity to show his full potential. He can that big two-way centre we've been waiting for years. He's been arguably our best player these past 4-5 games despite playing with the team's worst wingers and getting very few minutes.

It all depends the return, but Eller isn't at his highest value right now and it could be that his play in the long-run may outweigh his return.

Shaby23 02-14-2013 06:18 PM

Eller+ Cole for O'Reilly+3rnd

Et le But 02-14-2013 06:19 PM

Another Grabovski. I hope we at least get a 4th for him.

MXD 02-14-2013 06:19 PM

Actually, if the return is a young 2-way D-Men with size, I'd jump on the occasion.

Besides, doesn't Eller still have this year an another on his deal?

poetryinmotion 02-14-2013 06:19 PM

Err I really hope not.. would rather have Lars than anything we can get for him and that's including this ROR character.

Et le But 02-14-2013 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MXD (Post 59727679)
Actually, if the return is a young 2-way D-Men with size, I'd jump on the occasion.

Eller doesn't have enough value right now to get back one of those worth having.

SnapVirus 02-14-2013 06:21 PM

Eller for a winger to play with dd and cole.

Hell go to CHicago.

Harpo 02-14-2013 06:22 PM

Not the time to trade Lars.

I was all for trading Halak when the time was right. Now is not the time to trade Lars. We're gonna get the equivalent of Aaron Palushaj for him, and Lars is worth much, much more.

OneSharpMarble 02-14-2013 06:22 PM

I for one would rather have Eller than a 5 million dollar 2nd line centre.

MXD 02-14-2013 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Et le But (Post 59727773)
Eller doesn't have enough value right now to get back one of those worth having.

Not quite sure.

I mean... He has value if NHL teams have pro scouts. Which they do.

(But I agree that if you have something like Ryan McDonagh in mind, then obviously, Eller is not enough. And will never be enough.)

PricePkPatch* 02-14-2013 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andy (Post 59727609)
Very good point. I'd be reluctant to trade Eller since we have even given him the opportunity to show his full potential. He can that big two-way centre we've been waiting for years. He's been arguably our best player these past 4-5 games despite playing with the team's worst wingers and getting very few minutes.

It all depends the return, but Eller isn't at his highest value right now and it could be that his play in the long-run may outweigh his return.

Ergo, he was very dominant against the weakest opposition possible.

can I know what is so special about O'Reilly that everyone keeps mentioning him? Looking at his stats; he's not bad at all. Why would Colorado want to swap him for Eller? Why would we?

Gary320 02-14-2013 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by E = CH² (Post 59727405)

Spot on.. why trade him at this point? If you want to trade him, best to do it when he is on a roll and will give you better value.

TYLENOL 02-14-2013 06:24 PM

Hell noooo , i love lars eller, even as a 3rd liner ; i'd still keep him. Anyways, if this has something to do with Ryan O'reilly; what type of player is he ? Because i've never seen him play.