HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Edmonton Oilers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   players who play Oilers hockey (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=13506)

Mowzie 09-22-2003 10:31 PM

players who play Oilers hockey
 
around the league i often see a guy skate and say to myself, i want him. who around the league do you think would flourish under the Oilers system.

One player that comes to mind to me is Geoff Sanderson. anyone else?

Mowzie 09-22-2003 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mowzie
around the league i often see a guy skate and say to myself, i want him. who around the league do you think would flourish under the Oilers system.

One player that comes to mind to me is Geoff Sanderson. anyone else?

oops, this wasnt supposed to go into trade rumours section, my bad.

FacelessButcher 09-22-2003 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mowzie
oops, this wasnt supposed to go into trade rumours section, my bad.

Doan,Marleau,Jovonavski, and Cassels

LoudmouthHemskyfan#1 09-22-2003 11:17 PM

Jovocrap? I dunno about that.

FacelessButcher 09-22-2003 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoudmouthHemskyfan#1
Jovocrap? I dunno about that.

I like gritty Oilers which I think he has in spades but seeing him playing with Brewer might of biased me.

LoudmouthHemskyfan#1 09-22-2003 11:24 PM

I guess I see something different when I think of an "Oiler hockey" d-man. I think of the puck-rusher, and the average guy who just has a uncanny knack for winning.

Boondock Saint 09-22-2003 11:47 PM

Good call on Doan..... although he's no Steve Kelly... :rant:

Patch101 09-23-2003 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boondock Saint
Good call on Doan..... although he's no Steve Kelly... :rant:

Tom Poti .....


Just Joking :joker:

yintin 09-23-2003 01:48 AM

Mike Fisher

thome_26 09-23-2003 07:31 AM

Poti is a good (would be/ have been) fit with the Oilers. people who couldn't understand that some Dmen are soft forced low to trade him and not get a good return (Poti almost scored as many points as York last year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

TkachevYak2Slepy 09-23-2003 07:58 AM

Lightnings Martin St. Louis
a real sparkplug

MrMackey 09-23-2003 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FacelessButcher
Doan,Marleau,Jovonavski, and Cassels

I don't see Cassels with the Oil - I picture him more as a Bruin... but I put the other three on my list.

My list would also include:

Scott Neidermayer
Jay Boumeister
Marcus Ragnarsson
Darius Kasperitus
Brad Stuart
Willie Mitchell

Kevyn Adams
Brian Sutherby
Tim Connolly
Stu Barnes
Daymond Langkow

Mattias Weinhandl
Justin Williams
Scotty Upshall

Simon Gagne
Erik Rasmussen
Shawn McEachern
Nik Antropov
Scott Hartnell
Brendan Morrow
Ladislav Nagy
Geoff Sanderson

Lowetide 09-23-2003 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thome_26
Poti is a good (would be/ have been) fit with the Oilers. people who couldn't understand that some Dmen are soft forced low to trade him and not get a good return (Poti almost scored as many points as York last year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)


I'd take Mike York in a heartbeat for Tom Poti.

Mike Modano would have made a great Oiler.

Patch101 09-23-2003 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lowetide
I'd take Mike York in a heartbeat for Tom Poti.

Mike Modano would have made a great Oiler.


:handclap: :handclap: :handclap:

barto 09-23-2003 11:35 AM

Put me down for

Mike "Pretty Boy" Ricci

Master Lok 09-23-2003 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lowetide
I'd take Mike York in a heartbeat for Tom Poti.

Mike Modano would have made a great Oiler.

:yo:

jofa 09-23-2003 01:19 PM

I'd definitely support MrMackey's pick of Scott Neidermayer, Jay Bouwmeester, Tim Connolly, Stu Barnes, and Simon Gagne. Its a shame we cant get first dibs on local talent, as Bouwmeester would have looked pretty nice in copper and blue!

Id probably add Jeff ONeill, as Ive always thought hed be a good fit with the Oilers (damn you Bonsignoire). If were talking dream team, Id say add Heatley as well, but more realistically, here are a few others that could be a good fit with Edmonton:

Brad Richards
Eric Daze
David Legwand
Richard Jackman
Wade Redden
Jason Spezza
Mike Fischer

Slats432 09-23-2003 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jofa
I'd definitely support MrMackey's pick of Scott Neidermayer, Jay Bouwmeester, Tim Connolly, Stu Barnes, and Simon Gagne. Its a shame we cant get first dibs on local talent, as Bouwmeester would have looked pretty nice in copper and blue!

Id probably add Jeff ONeill, as Ive always thought hed be a good fit with the Oilers (damn you Bonsignoire). If were talking dream team, Id say add Heatley as well, but more realistically, here are a few others that could be a good fit with Edmonton:

Brad Richards
Eric Daze
David Legwand
Richard Jackman
Wade Redden
Jason Spezza
Mike Fischer

Actually there is talk on the Sabres board that Connolly is having a bad camp and may be in jeopardy of his spot on the team....
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t...5&pagenumber=1

jofa 09-23-2003 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slats432
Actually there is talk on the Sabres board that Connolly is having a bad camp and may be in jeopardy of his spot on the team....
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t...5&pagenumber=1


This sounds like a perfect Oiler situation - go for the underperforming player with loads of potential and see if we can kickstart his career in Edmonton for bargain dollars (see Brewer, Isbister, Dvorak, Dopita, etc). I love it - if Connolly's value is down, it could be a great move for the center position. The kid (he's still only 22) was a fifth overall pick in 99, and has yet to realize his full potential - his playmaking skills might be a nice fit with a guy like Hemsky...

FacelessButcher 09-23-2003 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jofa
I'd definitely support MrMackey's pick of Scott Neidermayer, Jay Bouwmeester, Tim Connolly, Stu Barnes, and Simon Gagne. Its a shame we cant get first dibs on local talent, as Bouwmeester would have looked pretty nice in copper and blue!

Id probably add Jeff ONeill, as Ive always thought hed be a good fit with the Oilers (damn you Bonsignoire). If were talking dream team, Id say add Heatley as well, but more realistically, here are a few others that could be a good fit with Edmonton:

Brad Richards
Eric Daze
David Legwand
Richard Jackman
Wade Redden
Jason Spezza
Mike Fischer

a lot of BIG players here

jofa 09-23-2003 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FacelessButcher
a lot of BIG players here

yeah, most of which are untouchable... :(

LawnDemon 09-23-2003 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thome_26
Poti is a good (would be/ have been) fit with the Oilers. people who couldn't understand that some Dmen are soft forced low to trade him and not get a good return (Poti almost scored as many points as York last year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

are you insane or just drunk on paint thinner?

edit: or both! :joker:

thome_26 09-23-2003 02:31 PM

hey, like him or not Poti would fit nice on this team. What does the team need????? A puck moving Dman and a big center. Well Poti is as good as they come for puck moving centers. You may not like him for what ever reason - but if the Oilers didn't have to play at home and if Poti wouldn't get heckled out of town, he'd fit with the Oilers.

thome_26 09-23-2003 02:32 PM

oh, and how could you take York over Poti? On the market Poti's value is much more then Yorks! Poti is a Dman who put up just as good numbers as York!! Sorry, but the Oilers lost that deal. Although York has worked out and looks great as an Oiler and I really like him - a 50 point Dman compared to a 60 (if york woulda been healthy 60 woulda been a lock) isn't even close.

LawnDemon 09-23-2003 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thome_26
oh, and how could you take York over Poti? On the market Poti's value is much more then Yorks! Poti is a Dman who put up just as good numbers as York!! Sorry, but the Oilers lost that deal. Although York has worked out and looks great as an Oiler and I really like him - a 50 point Dman compared to a 60 (if york woulda been healthy 60 woulda been a lock) isn't even close.

so you are insane then?

seriously, a "50 point" dman who doesn't backcheck, hit, or play defense (and makes over 3 million per season) is about as useful as... well... nipples on a man.

meanwhile, york is a versatile player who kills penalties and plays effectively on the powerplay. if not for his slow start he could have been a 70+ point man and my prediction is he'll be in the high 60s to low 70s this season. most importantly, however, he is a true "mr. everything" that any team would kill for.

it seems to me that you are forgetting hockey isn't just about numbers. if it were then Andy Delmore would be the best Dman (read most valuable) in the league. and, in case you missed it, he isn't...


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:16 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.