HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Penguins (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Speculation: Shero personally scouting COL-MIN game on 2/14 (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1350687)

conooper 02-14-2013 07:50 PM

Shero personally scouting COL-MIN game on 2/14

@Russostrib: #penguins GM Ray Shero is in Minnesota scouting tonight's #mnwild #avalanche game. Pens looking for top-6 winger

@Russostrib: #pens GM Ray Shero's got a sense of humor. As he walks in #mnwild GM booth, he says to me, "I'm going to finish the deal right now."

What's going down?!

MrBurghundy 02-14-2013 07:51 PM

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...344843&page=35

WhatsaMaatta 02-14-2013 07:52 PM

David Jones?

Zero Pucks 02-14-2013 07:57 PM

I'm guessing he's just stopping by there to talk potential deals in person while on the trip to Winnipeg.

The Tang 02-14-2013 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrBurgundy (Post 59737045)

Apparently Clutterbuck was taken from the game according to some in that thread. Speculation of course but stranger things have happened. I can't imagine the Wild giving him up though.

Big McLargehuge 02-14-2013 08:03 PM

Clutterbuck isn't half as good as this board would have you believe.

Mind you I still love the guy and want him on the Penguins...but he's a 3rd liner with limited offense. He'd be a solid upgrade over Kennedy, though...

Lustaf 02-14-2013 08:04 PM

Clutterbuck is already back in the game, so it was most likely an injury precaution or equipment thing.

Zen Arcade 02-14-2013 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big McLargehuge (Post 59738143)

Mind you I still love the guy and want him on the Penguins...but he's a 3rd liner with limited offense. He'd be a solid upgrade over Kennedy, though...

He's also a long term replacement for Cooke and a much needed spark for the bottom six, which has stagnated over the past few seasons.

Don'tcry4mejanhrdina 02-14-2013 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zen Arcade (Post 59738819)
He's also a long term replacement for Cooke and a much needed spark for the bottom six, which has stagnated over the past few seasons.

Pretty much this. Nobody (in their right mind) expects him to transform into Rick Tocchet.

Mr Jiggyfly 02-14-2013 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big McLargehuge (Post 59738143)

He's no Vitale.

Zen Arcade 02-14-2013 08:17 PM

I'm now, against my better judgement, excited at the idea of the Pens potentially acquiring Clutterbuck.

Damnit.

Big McLargehuge 02-14-2013 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zen Arcade (Post 59738819)

I agree with all that. It's just that far too many people around these boards think that Clutterbuck is more than that. His upside basically is a 14 minutes a night third liner who kills about 2 minutes a game while hovering around 30 points a season (with more goals than assists).

Cooke, on the other hand, is a 14 minute a night third liner who kills about 3 minutes a game while hovering around 30 points a season (split evenly). Obviously Clutterbuck's value is more in his physical game, but I think he's gotten a bit mythical in that sense.

Nobody in their right mind expects much more than what he is...but as we've learned over these past 24 hours...there's a lot of people on HFBoards who aren't in their right mind :P

JimmyTwoTimes 02-14-2013 08:22 PM

He wants Yeo as HC

Zen Arcade 02-14-2013 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big McLargehuge (Post 59739641)
I agree with all that. It's just that far too many people around these boards think that Clutterbuck is more than that. His upside basically is a 14 minutes a night third liner who kills about 2 minutes a game while hovering around 30 points a season (with more goals than assists).

Cooke, on the other hand, is a 14 minute a night third liner who kills about 3 minutes a game while hovering around 30 points a season (split evenly). Obviously Clutterbuck's value is more in his physical game, but I think he's gotten a bit mythical in that sense.

Nobody in their right mind expects much more than what he is...but as we've learned over these past 24 hours...there's a lot of people on HFBoards who aren't in their right mind :P

Yeah, I obviously don't think he's going to set the world on fire offensively, I'm just a big fan of the way he plays and I think he'd be a perfect fit here.

I think another part of it is that Clutterbuck can be as physical as he is while still playing relatively clean, something that Cooke couldn't really do when he was playing that way.

Mo Wanchuk 02-14-2013 08:23 PM

Cal plays Pittsburgh Penguins hockey. He would be a real asset to the third line.

Grave77digger 02-14-2013 08:25 PM

wrong team lolz

SprootsMasterFlex 02-14-2013 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mo Wanchuk (Post 59740255)
Cal plays Pittsburgh Penguins hockey. He would be a real asset to the third line.

Clutterbuck is made to play against big teams in the Atlantic division... he'd come in handy versus the Devils, Rangers, Philly, Islanders... heck, even the Bruins.

Fire Shero* 02-14-2013 08:28 PM

Maybe he just wanted to see what a dynamic winger looked like in person, i.e. Parise.

Mo Wanchuk 02-14-2013 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SprootsMasterFlex (Post 59740543)
Clutterbuck is made to play against big teams in the Atlantic division... he'd come in handy versus the Devils, Rangers, Philly, Islanders... heck, even the Bruins.

Yep. He will hit anything that moves. Also great at getting under the other team's skill players too.

Stecz 02-14-2013 08:29 PM

Landeskog for Malkin + Futures

e4

Malkinstheman 02-14-2013 08:29 PM

I think you guys are getting carried away here. Cluterback just left to fix/check up on equipment or some sort of pain and shero just went along with it to troll everyone

sexyllama 02-14-2013 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big McLargehuge (Post 59739641)

This :handclap: ...

Ugene Malkin 02-14-2013 08:30 PM

Clutterbuck. Yah, that's what I'm talkin about.

Colorado could be in the mix too?

Mo Wanchuk 02-14-2013 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Malkinstheman (Post 59740785)
I think you guys are getting carried away here. Cluterback just left to fix/check up on equipment or some sort of pain and shero just went along with it to troll everyone

Actually went and got stitches from a highstick.

turd 02-14-2013 08:36 PM

Clutterbuck missing again.

Go crazy, folks.